main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Michael, look out!!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Kartanym, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yes, that's right. It may not be pure science fiction, but anything with a talking car counts ;)

So, Knight Rider fanatics, let us come out of the woodwork and talk about the famed KITT and the leather clad companion with not so stylish haircuts!

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm still waiting for a film featuring the ultimate super-car duel between KITT and KARR (with a cameo by KIFT before he's quickly offed ;) ). ::)

3. Garthe_Knight

Garthe_Knight Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2005
    You haven't seen the last of Garthe Knight and Goliath!

[image=http://jc.oaxz.com/garthe.jpg]

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I [face_love] Kitt.

~PK~

5. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'm still waiting to get Season 1 on DVD, if only for the tv-movie that came out a few years back. I remember watching that and saying 'boy, did they miss out on an opportunity there or what!?'

Speaking of, anyone remember the recent attempt at bringing the show back? I speak, of course, of Team Knight Rider...

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I used to love that show. Somewhere I've got a die-cast car. It was just a cool little show with the benefit of the world-renowned and beloved celebrity David Hasslehoff.

7. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I'm not much of a gearhead, but the car in that show was awesome. :D

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    You are kidding, right? :p

9. TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH

TARKINS_FOUL_STENCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    One of my favorite shows ever! I have Season 1 & 2 on DVD. Can't get enough of them.

Knight Rider 2000 was the TV movie. It was alright, but nothing compared to the original show.

Team Knight Rider...meh.

Is there still talk of a movie? I know that The Hoff was interested, but has it moved forward?

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I love this show. I think they should've had KAAR and Garth Knight team up against Michael and KITT in season four, rather than kill Garth off in season two.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it was Hasselhoff that requested Garth be killed off- he didn't want to do the makeup switch and have to play two characters anymore or something like that.

There hasn't been anything very recently on the movie but I would imagine it's still being developed.

Personally, my ideal Knight Rider film would Ignore KR2K, KR2010 and TKR and have KITT upgraded to a new model (maybe Knight Industries Ten Thousand to keep the right acronym). KIFT could be there (with new origins). Then someone who salvaged KARR's CPU (as seen in his last TV appearance) with connections to Garth's acquisition of the formula for the indestructible coating material he used on Goliath. Combined with theft of the original KARR/KITT designs, KARR would be reconstructed into the original car model plus that laser they installed to kill KARR in the show. KARR (voiced by Optimus Prime, not the "Magic Carpet Ride" guy from Season 3) would eventually off KIFT and it would come down to a killer supercar duel between KITT and KARR.

That way we still have the original car, but are given something new too. Oh, and as impossible as it is, Super Turbo Mode must be in there somewhere ;)

"I am the protoype of the car of the future. What you saw last night was merely an inferior production line model."

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I loved this show! Got seasons 1 and 2. When is the rest coming out?

I loved the opening spile. 'Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man... who does not exist.'

13. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Seasons 3 isn't far off, I think.

I'd prefer a movie that starts everything off from scratch, instead of a continuation. As much as the characters and situations that could come from following on, I don't think it would work so well. They tried with TKR and that failed.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah but look at what they did with TKR- they went from a trans-am to an SUV. A Knight Rider light just does not work on an SUV. And those cycles that could combine for no apparent benefit were way too out there.

15. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    When I say 'from scratch', I mean starting from the beginning of the story again. That doesn't mean they can't use a Trans-Am again...

16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Good series but I prefered StreetHawk and Airwolf

[image=http://www.tvacres.com/images/streethawk.jpg]

[image=http://www.mullhelis.freeserve.co.uk/airwolf2.jpg]

17. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Used to like Airwolf too.

Anyway, I now have Season 1 on DVD, so I'm reliving the glory days :p

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I hope it comes out soo, Kartanym. That show was awesome. And I hate incomplete TV series. *Glares at his Star Trek: TNG seasons-without season 4*

The first season boxed set was incredibly well done. I loved the interactive dashboard and the inclusion of the TV movie.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Airwolf was indeed awesome.

20. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    The problem with the season 1 dvd set, is that there's nothing left over for the rest of the box sets :p They seem to have forgotten any extras for those so far. I'd like to see more behind the scenes footage, things like that. Perhaps more audio commentaries. Imagine KITT commenting on his own show!

21. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    For a moment, I thought this thread was going to be about Moonwalker.

I am sorely disappointed.

22. Ekkostar

Ekkostar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    KITT pwns. Mr. Feenie is the man. I challange anyone to say that William Daniels isn't the coolest actor on all of television.

23. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Correction: Best voice actor ;) Though that's a tougher award to win.

One thing I've noticed so far in looking back over the series: Despite being a fairly old design, KITT still looks amazing.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yeah. The sleekness of the car and the really cool vocalizer unit really help that.

KITT is still the car of the future, and might never be surpassed. At leas in coolness.

25. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    What annoyed me with the TV movie was how they tried to make the new KITT seem far too unrealistic for the time period. The car looked terrible!

I'm hoping, if this new movie everyone keeps whispering about does become a reality, that they stick with the original formula as much as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.