main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Michael, look out!!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Kartanym, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I agree, Kartanym. The original formula for Knight Rider was great. 'One man can make a difference!'

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Sorry about the double post, but I got season three today!

3. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    What I'd love to see is a Knight Rider / Battlestar Galactica crossover. It's so obvious that KITT and KARR were the first Cylons. :p

BTW, I'd suggest a title change for this thread. Until I clicked on it, I had no idea it was about Knight Rider.

4. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I loved Knight Rider as a kid. Watching the show some 20+ years later brings on nearly unbearable bouts of nostalgia. The Hoff was my first celebrity crush. *cringe* Never mind, I was only 12 at the time and didn't know any better...

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    according to Yahoo.com a new Knight Rider Movie is in the works, but potentially without David Hasslehoff.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dark Horizons had this to say:

The Weinstein Co is set to give Glen A. Larson's hit early-mid 1980's TV series "Knight Rider" a big screen contemporary update. The studio has acquired the rights to the series, and Larson will write and exec produce the feature which aims to begin production next year reports Reuters.

Larson has bandied about the project for years, previously developing it at Revolution Studios. One of the reasons for the long delay is Larson's determination to do a serious adaptation rather than a comedic send-up which people have been pressuring him to do.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yay! There's actually hope for this one! [face_dancing] [face_praying]

8. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    I still have the Airwolf theme song go through my head when ever I get really competitive.

9. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    More on the movie:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060509/en_movies_eo/18986

No Hasselhoff, no sale. [face_shame_on_you]

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    As long as it has William Daniels back as the voice of KITT, I could care less if Hasselhoff's in this or not!

11. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    I love any show where a car has mroe personality then it's owner. Heck, KARR had more personality then Hasselhoff.

12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm a little nervous about a Knight Rider movie. On the one hand, it would be nice to see KITT back in action. But on the other, it just wouldn't be the same as the series. If anything, it would be better to write a script where it starts from the beginning again instead of taking off where the previous shows/tv movies left off. At least that way, any changes made to the characters or indeed the technology would make sense.

But I can't see KITT as any other vehicle, let alone any other voice.

13. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    If the series had continued (and let's just ignore that terrible TV movie) I was all prepared for KITT to go from Super Turbo Mode to actually transforming into a robot and joining Michael on his adventures.

Of course I was a stupid kid at the time. [face_blush]

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That would've kicked butt, Roland. As long as KARR and Goliath get upgrades, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.