main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by NessaSolo, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NessaSolo

NessaSolo Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    I wasn't sure if you had heard the news (from TFN):

Actor Michael Sheard, best known for playing teacher Mr Bronson in long-running children's TV drama Grange Hill in the 1980s, has died aged 65. Sheard gained wider fame as Admiral Ozzel in 1980 Star Wars film The Empire Strikes Back. His other film roles included Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade - one of a string of appearances as Adolf Hitler - and was a regular guest in Doctor Who. His agent said he had cancer and died at home on the Isle of Wight.

It's really sad news. 65 is so young.

(And I suppose it will be affecting the convention plans too...)

2. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    This put's a big crimper in the Sept Con we are trying to arrange, he was suppose to be our main interest, I don't know if Haru knows yet, she was really fond of the man.

3. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    I just read the sad news on starwars.com.

4. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Not to sound insensitive or anything and ignore the tragedy of Sheard's death, but this does now allow for the option to bring in Ian Mccaig (I forgot how to spell his last name) one of the main concept artists for the prequel trilogy. He is also a Victoria native, though I'm not sure if he still lives here.

5. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanks for thinking of me, guys. I was at Cascadia in Seattle over the long weekend and was informed by a friend. I shall really miss Mike. He was a lot of fun. It will put a BIT of a crimp in things. However, this is why one always starts a full year in advance when planning a convention (and start planning the next one before the present one is quite over). So I'm off on the scrounge. Chris has the draft Guest of Honour letters which will go out right after the next meeting (18 Sep) at my place. All interested parties (as well as the Con Comm) please attend. If you need directions, get in touch with Randy. He's on the boards more than I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.