main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Mid-South Con discussion

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Channel 3 never posted the video to their website. [face_frustrated] Someone with the con was supposed to be taping the segment so that Eric could post it to the MSC site, but I don't know if that has happened yet. My mom taped the segment, but it's on a VHS tape.

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    LOL! They still make those!?!

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Can't wait to see y'all!

BTW, anybody know where I can get a mullet wig? Wish I'd had the forethought to get one last Halloween.

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I have a blonde one, Jacob. You're welcome to it if you want it.

So you're coming to MSC? Cool! I haven't seen you in, what?.. two years?

Nicki: I have a VHS/DVD recorder combo that can convert the tape to DVD.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Emperor's Black Bones! Has it been that long? When did we have lunch at that deli? Was that the last time?

The new job and the time-warp-that-was-the-academy make things seem more recent to me...

I'll be there. Bringing a newbie friend--he's a long-time collector but he's never been to a con or been "socially-involved" in the GFFA before.

Will you bring the wig to the con?

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll bring the wig with me, Jacob.

And, yeah... It's really been that long!

7. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    I should be in Wednesday afternoon -- let me know if there are any plans.

8. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Let me check to see if Mom still has the tape, and I'll get it to you, Timmy.

9. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    Do we all want to plan & wear our Fanforce Shirts at Con on Saturday? Eric mentioned yesterday that we will have a prominent table on the 2nd floor.

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    We should have and official SMT dinner together Wednesday night. John, could you make that?

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Speaking of dinner, are we going out Friday night?

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    If we do dinner Friday or Saturday, it'll be late. We're all booked up on panels until 11pm. (They're doing it differently this year - with panels being moderated - so it looks like we'll be pretty spread out once it starts.)

13. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    My FanForce shirt died an ugly death in the dryer, so I'll be in something else unless I find time to make a new one this week. I'm all for everyone wearing their SMT garb, though. :)

We haven't made an definitive plans for Friday yet, but I imagine that we'll try for dinner. Lin and I both have panels late Friday night, so I'm not sure when we are going to be available.

Trace, according to that spreadsheet you sent me, my last panel is at 11pm Friday night. I don't know which time to believe - the spreadsheet or the email I received that said 10pm. I guess I'll find out when I see the printed program Friday. [face_frustrated]

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, it looks like once the panels start everyone is spread out and not together. My only panel Friday is from 6pm to 7pm, so I'm good Friday but probably won't stay too late. I'm done Saturday at noon. Sunday, I'm there from 10 am to 3pm... I've been running the trail on the weekend mornings early and I don't want to let a weekend get away or I'll get lazy again... *sigh* So for me to be in Olive Branch at 9am on Saturday and Sunday, I'll have to be out there on the trail by 7:00 am. (In other words, OMG early)

ETA: Nicki, I'm looking at the Programming H sheet that's out on the Docs thingie and you don't have a panel late Friday, you have one Saturday at 10:00 pm. Lin has one Friday at 10:00 pm, maybe that's it?

15. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Nope, I have a panel late Friday night and Saturday night. The Friday panel isn't a comics panel, though. I'm on a panel called Internet Promotions for Introverted Writers (and others) on the writing track.

16. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Last schedule I saw I had panels starting at 9 on Friday and 5-8 p.m Saturday. My Thursday's wide open -- I remember that was when we went out last year.

17. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Have they said anything to you about the Meet and Greet, John? I don't remember what time it started last year. I don't think it's a big deal, though, like the Opening Ceremonies, etc.

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I asked Carlin about the pre-Con gathering Thursday night and he said he didn't know what time it would be. Seems like it was late last year.

How about dinner in Olive Branch or Southaven around 6pm-ish Thursday night?

(I'm working Wednesday night, but if that's better for everyone, it's cool. :))

19. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    I should be available for Thursday, unless something comes up. I'll PM my cell.

No, I haven't heard about meet & greet. I touched base briefly with KJA, but I don't know when he's getting in or what they have planned. Sylvia's in charge of all of that.

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  21. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Thanks, Traci.

For those not familiar with the area, it is across the street from the Olive Branch Wal-Mart. If you are coming from I-55/Southaven, go under the Hwy. 78 overpass and turn right at the first traffic light. Turn right again immediately and follow the access road. Colton's will be at the end of the access road on the left.

22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, poodoo. I'd love to be in there a day or even two earlier, and I am off work those days, but Queen Momidala wouldn't be happy with more hotel fees, and Kashyyyk Yerbouti is working on Friday. :-(

23. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Could always do a Sunday after con before you go home dinner dodge??? Dunno if anyone is available or what time you have to be back or that sort of thing...

When are you getting there?

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sunday will be iffy at best. With Traci, Nicki, and Rhonda moderating panels into the middle of that afternoon, me being on a panel that afternoon (not sure if Lin will be or not as well), and with me having to pack up and load all of the A/V equipment I'm loaning to the Con, I'm not sure how late we'll be getting out of there.

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Why don't we shoot for a Friday dinner for those of us who may not be able to make it to Thursday or the rest of the weekend? We might not all be together, but it may have to be that way this year. I've only got one panel Saturday, so I could do lunch before I head home, but that might be iffy, too. My nephew's birthday party is Sunday at 3pm, and I've got family in from Chicago, so I'll have to leave Sunday right after my panel.

I'm happy to be trusted with moderating and stuff, but I think next year, for me, I'll just enjoy the con as a guest. March is terrible here, (I'm paying rent and a mortgage this month, yay!), and this particular con will just be "get it done and over with", so I can go on with moving the rest of our stuff from our apt, unpacking, work, family obligations, etc. Here's to April and much better times! (or at least later in March!) [face_coffee]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.