main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Midlands Fan Film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, this one's a bit of a pipe dream, but a pipe dream that a couple of us would love to do.

I first came into the JC via the Fan Films boards. I'd seen Troops and loved it, and wondered if I could ever make something like that. So, I spent a couple of years trolling around the board, absorbing ideas, writing a script etc, etc.

Of course, being something of an epic writer, I wrote a script that isn't really feasible without a lot of money and great talent, so I shelved it.

Along comes TENCLO (awesome film, you should all check it out. Made be one of our members no less.) and the bug is pretty much instantly bought back to life. And lo and behold, I discover that Mark (Happy Ninja) is in a similar position, with several scripts he's written.

So, now we've reached a place where there is a possibility for this. I am working with Mark to see if we can get one of his scripts into a position where it is filmable - i.e. minimal need for set space (as we aren't lucky enough to have access to the upstairs of an RAF mess lol), not too many costumes etc, etc.

Anyone who's interested in getting involved, or just hanging around on set and seeing what happens, keep watching here. Mark or myself will try to keep it up to date on this thread, and we'll respond to anyone showing interested.

Later dudes

Phill

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    im definately up for this!!

any hints on what it might be a fan film of? e.g. star wars, predator, indiana jones, something completely original?

3. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I offered myself for the 48 hour film and I'm up for this too. I make a mean brew guys so keep me in mind for that

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Heh, my tea is pretty awesome too. We can have competitions! haha

I've not done any formal training or anything but i'm up for being a chump getting a shot to the chest.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Hmm, should I support this idea or not :p

Don't want any pretenders to our throne LOL!

Superb! I will be happy to offer any advice/assistance I can. Just let me know :)

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, Phill, do you think I should spill the beans as to what it's about (yet)?

It's Star Wars , yes, but what it's about...well...? (no Jedi before you ask! No clichéd forest battle, as well!)

Anyway, I actually started a little preproduction work on it last night, myself (Well, just one picture, actually). Just fleshing out a few ideas as to what I am trying to get across.

The script is pretty much in place. I'm in a position where I am happy with it. Phill and I had a discussion about it the other night; exchanging ideas and whatnot. It's going to be a logistical nightmare to begin with, set-wise, but I'm thinking of using some natural locations with some slight retro-fitting, both interior and exterior - if I can find anything suitable locations for what I am imagining, that is.

Which reminds me, Phill. What roles are we taking on here, as in Director, Producer, et. al.? You already have my thoughts in regards to the kind of actors I want to approach.

As for a filming schedule, this could be way off, to tell the truth. I'm not in a financial position to get this thing off the ground, hence it being in a constant rewrite stage since 2002 when I first started it.

Oh, and Hal, don't worry about us trying to dethrone you! You guys are the UK kings of SW Fan Films, but we would love to get any insights/ideas/suggestions/general slandering you and Darren can throw at us...just don't aim between the eyes (or legs for that matter!) :p

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Guys, this is your project, and I have no intention of interfering. But I am totally at your disposal if you want me to answer any questions, or give any advice about any aspect :)

8. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Just as long as you don't use the same idea as mine for my fan audio.. but how shall we know what each others is? For I will never tell!

9. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    wana give us some idea of location type so we can think as we go places?

Phil why not call in the Fan Film board we are on (severed arm productions)

i am in one of their productions. i know a few gd filmer types. i have acting experiemce and i good at makin tea AND coffee lol

10. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    David, I will get them involved probably, since they are a great resource, but that will be after we get the core story etc agreed.

As Mark already said, the story is pretty much in place, though I have something to pitch to him to see if he's interested before we close things off.

With regards to Director/Producer etc positions, I'll get hold of Mark on MSN soon and chat with him. The idea I have above will have a direct impact on those kinds of positions.

11. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    may i suggest everybody swap hotmail addys? because i know that we find it easier to discuss the other film im working on on msn. we get things talked over faster and decisions etc made. its very useful !!

on those boards there is a thread that tells everybody when to be online and those that can make it come and its very productive

12. Andy_2-1b

Andy_2-1b Jedi Master star 1

Mar 9, 2004
    I have greenscreened my spare room if you need it!

13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm available for bit parts and dying.

14. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, I'm still writing the script for my film, but I got bored last night, so here's the opening crawl.

http://midlands.ff-uk.org.uk/media/Parlax_Crawl.wmv

It's about 11MB in size cos I haven't reduced the resolution (couldn't be bothered :p)

15. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    And you do it so well!

You never know, you may have to resurrect your part as the Imperial Officer! :D

Head over to the Hidden Base to see a brief rundown on the story of Shades of Grey...A film for the masses! [face_dancing]

Oh, and can we keep specific discussion of the film(s) over there, please?

EDIT: Looks good, Phill! :D

Can't wait to see the script!

16. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    u sure u onli did it quickly the other nite??

lol

i need to learn sum more stuff about computer effects....i have pieces of software and not much clue how to use em lol

it looks wkd!!

does this mean ill have to hurry up and get my x-wing pilot costume done?

17. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    oh oh oh !

I wanna be a pilot! It doesnt matter that I cant act ! I can stand around n stuff!

18. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I've already written a character for you V :p It's the one I did in that short fic I started working on, the X-Wing fic. I've just rejigged it so that you're already in Rogue Squadron :p

Hardest thing is going to be casting Hobbie, Wes and of course, WEDGE!

19. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    can i be Corran Horn?:D my fav character of anything star wars

20. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Unfortunately this is set prior to ROTJ, and Corran doesn't join Rogue Squadron until after the comic run which is well after ROTJ and Truce at Bakura.

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i'd settle for Rogue 9...lol:D

22. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, let's not get too ahead of ourselves here; I mean I don't know how Phill intends to do things, but if this gets off the ground, then we will do casting sessions. Don't assume that if you read for a certain part, that you will get it. But we will need extras! :D

23. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i would doubt this not getting off the ground...

24. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    This sounds like a very ambitious project guys, I wish you well with getting it off the ground.

25. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm quite happy just to hang around inn the orange

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.