main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Midnight Showing of Episode III Planning Thread - Line forms at 5pm per Malco

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, maybe our efforts haven't been in vain after all. I just received this email from Brandon Favazza, Assistant Manager of Malco Paradiso, and apparently the only non-monkey working at Malco:

Tim-

Episode III will be showing in digital presentation in auditorium #14. Please call our box office at 901-682-1754 with any additional questions.

Brandon Favazza
    Assistant Manager
    Malco Paradiso

Not sure if that means the 12:01 am show will be in digital, but at least its a move in the right direction!

2. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Actually, Screen 14 is for the 12:02 showing. If you go to the website where you purchase your online tix, it has that. Wonder if we can find people in line to swap tix with??? Maybe they will let us choose which theater we want! Let him know we all have tix for the 12:01 showing, but would like theater 14. I don't mean to speak for everyone, but that is what we want, right?

Keep us informed, Tim!

Kelly

3. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    According to the "purchase tickets online" page, the 12:01 is in screen 1, the 12:02 is in Screen 14.

-Joe

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I looked that up, too, Kelly and Joe. I wonder if we could find us 51 complete, uninformed idiots to swap tickets with?

With the Dark Side, it could just be possible. :p

And we're still bringing lightsabers.

5. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Well...channel 5 wants to talk with us and I just got this from the Malco folks....

"Dear Sir:

Malco Theatres will be showing STAR WARS: EPISODE 3 REVENGE OF THE SITH in digital (on select screens) at the Paradiso, Cordova Towne Cinema and Rogers Towne Cinema (Rogers, Arkansas) beginning at 12:01am on Thursday, May 19, 2005 and apologize for any confusion.

We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you at the movies.

Sincerely,
    Karen Scott
    Sales & Marketing Coordinator"

So maybe all the griping has helped. Who wants to talk with the folks at Channel 5?? Tim...oh mighty leader...I think it should be you.

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Haven't heard anything from Tommy since Sunday night, but I'll give him a shout.

As far as the PG-13 and Lucas' business decisions, hey- he did ROTJ(especially the re-release!)pretty much for the kids! TESB and ANH have always been my favorites and I wouldn't want the birth of Vader being a feel-good movie!

"Oh no- he's killing younglings and fighting his best friend to the death- but wait, kids- there's Jar-Jar singing and dancing. Yea, Jar-Jar!" :)

I'm sure what money GL loses from the tikes not seeing it he will more than make up for with repeat visits from fans and DVD sales to those tikes' parents who will eventually let the kids see it.

Oh, and did you know there's a whole toy line based on this movie..?

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, I'll do it if I have to, Hollie. (Even though I look like the giant head from The Wizard of Oz when I'm on TV.

Ignore the geek behind the curtain!

I just emailed Brandon Favazza at Malco again:

Brandon,

I hate to keep bothering you about this, but I have 51 fan club members who have tickets to the 12:01 am showing of Episode III, and they are all asking the same question:

"Can we swap our 12:01 am tickets (set for auditorium #1) for the 12:02 am tickets (set for auditorium #14- the one in digital)?"

I noticed that your site states "All sales are final. Refunds for any reason will be at the discretion of the VENUE involved. If you are unable to use your tickets for reasons beyond your control, address your request for a credit DIRECTLY to the VENUE. " Since digital is so important to those of us in the fan club (for a very good reason), do you think there is any way you could find it in your heart (and shut us the hell up) to put us all in auditorium #14? (Or, swap out our tickets if we bring them up there by, say, this Friday?) I've noticed that the 12:02 showing is not yet sold out according to your ticket sales site. Do you think you could do anything to help us all out?

Thanks.

-Tim Brown
    President: Memphis Star Wars FanForce

It never hurts to ask, right?

8. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Ok....how about we get Lin to do it??? I could help out also, but since I am a newbie to ya'll I thought it would be better if the elder statesmen talked to the media. I am just a muse. (or is that amusing?)

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm about to give the lady at Channel 5 a call. With Malco finally seeming to come around, in may be a non-story by now! (Although, we do want to see the digital showing, so who knows... maybe it could still work to our advantage.)

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    As I said before, I'm in a similar situation as Rhonda for the day after the midnight showing, so planning something for that Friday/Saturday/Sunday at the Cordova digital would be cool.

I think I can safely speak for Tim when I say that we'll be at the midnight showing AND any/every other time we can arrange for someone to watch our kids. ;)

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Damn straight, baby!

12. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ok....how about we get Lin to do it???

I'll talk to anybody- unless I'm dressed as Silent Bob, and then all you'll get is a nod or a story about lost love.

But I'm a media whore, and how!

We really should let the puppets do all the talking...

13. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    well at least we know there's a digital screening at paradiso. now we've just got to "pimp the system" and get our tickets swappped for the 12:02 showing.

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
  15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Pimp the system, Dale?

DONE!

This just in from our new honorary member, Brandon Favazza of the Malco Paradiso:

Tim-

You can bring the tickets up during normal business hours and switch them out for the 12:02AM showing. Please do so as soon as possible to ensure you get them before the show sells out.

Brandon Favazza
    Malco Paradiso

Everyone get your butts down there and take care of business! And, if you see him, make sure you thank Brandon for all of his help!

I've got to fix our website now.

16. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm just going to stay up all night, I guess. Only for Star Wars...or Hayden.

17. gooshy

gooshy Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    So are we all switching to Screen 14 at 12:02AM?

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yep. (Unless you don't want to. It's whatever you choose, but the 12:02 on screen 14 will be in digital.)

19. DarthShaun

DarthShaun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2004
    Hi everybody,
    I am a newbie of this board but have been a huge Star Wars fan forever here in Memphis,TN. I really never knew about this Fanforce club but it sounds great. Anyway, I wanted to see this last Star Wars movie at midnight this year. This will be my first time. It would be great to see it digital. I purchased 6 tickets for me and friends at the Paradiso 12:01 AM showing as well but was very upset they were not showing it digital. Now I see they are for the 12:02 AM showing in Screen 14. Could I be able to exchange my tickets too or is this just for SMT members? I love how you all fought for the digital showing at Malco. If I knew about this, I would have been fightin' too.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    DarthShaun: Go on down and tell them you're with the local Star Wars Fan Club and you'd like to exchange your tickets. Considering all of us true fans that Malco screwed over with their mishandling of this whole affair, I have no problem telling anyone to use this perk, no matter if they've known us for three years or three minutes.

Just don't tell too many people! We all want to be able to make the digital showing!

21. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Looks like I'll be leaving work early today :)

22. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    But, really: Does ANYBODY really think a PG-13 rating will keep fans from showing this to their kids? What with all that the news shows nowadays anyhow?

http://boards.theforce.net/Arkansas/b10641/19405972/?7

23. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    hey guys,
    i write this from my iBook while sitting on the comfy couch paradiso has in their internet lobby. i picked up my tix and asked how many they have left. 143 is the number they have left for the digital showing. they said they will try to hold the 51 tim asked for, but they are going fast.
    so hurry!

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Everyone needs to get over there today or tomorrow!

25. DarthShaun

DarthShaun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2004
    Thanks a lot Qui-Gon Tim! :) I can't wait to see it digital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.