main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Midnight Showing of Episode III Planning Thread - Line forms at 5pm per Malco

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oobi-doobi-kenoobi

oobi-doobi-kenoobi Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Hey guys. I am so excited about tonight. You guys are still bringing your lightsabers, aren't you?
    Anyway, I teach 3rd grade, and my students are just as excited as I am. I have drilled Star Wars in their heads for the past couple of weeks. They all want to go with me tonight. I'm even showing Episode 2 in class today to go along with our Science Fiction studies.
    I can't wait too see you all in line. I'll get there around 8:30 or 9. I'm so excited, I feel like my head's gonna explode. :)
    Just 10 hours to go!
    Kellye

2. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    just wanted to say that i throughly enjoyed seeing EP3 twice tonite!
    wow, i must have posed for 98 photos, interviewed three times, killed on camera twice and featured in a documentary. oh yeah, was dubbed the Sith Pimp for a photo ops with a bunch of fan girls.

and yes, if my flight wasnt moved up i would totally go again at 9:30 with ya'll to see Sith 3 times in less that 15 hours
    well, i need sleep. it was a blast everyone!

3. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Twice in 1 night was awesome! April got a bit tired though. Too bad I didn't get to hang out with you guys much tonight. I would've stayed at the theater a little bit after the midnight showing but April was dead and getting very grumpy. Plus she's got to go to work tomorrow. The movie was freakin' fantastic. By the end of the movie I felt like I'd found the lost scenes from episode 4. It started out completely PT like and ended about as dark and with the tone of the OT as it could get. Really amazing job they did on this one. So when are we seeing it again. I'm going with my cousin tomorrow night at the 7:30 showing. Anybody wanna tag along?

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Whoa!
    Thanks again, Tim, for those 7:30 passes.
    That was great.
    I sure hope someone got all of those TV appearances on tape. (And I'm glad I successfully avoided all of the cameras.)

Phillip, it was great to finally meet you and your girlfriend (I don't think I caught her name) and Walker. Hope your flight is good.

Sorry we had to bug out after the film so quickly, but you guys had to get back in line, and we had to get somethign to eat. We were a hit a Huey's though. :D

Later,

-Joe

5. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ah, man- Huey's..?! Now I'm hungry!

Had a great time hanging out with everyone.

Saw Jon on the cover of the CA today!

6. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    HOLY CRAP!! Is this the time to discuss the movie? Spoilers might follow otherwise:

That was awesome! I'm there to see a great movie with all my great friends, and it was too much fun.

We need a tally of how many people cried during the film now. I got teary eyed when Yoda says, "Failed I have." My heart also felt heavy at the end of the film realizing this was the last one ever.

Also, how come C3PO doesn't make the connection of the Skywalker name from Anakin (and Padme) to Luke?

How come Yoda and Ben both know that Palpatine is the Emporer, and call him such, without ever having been in the Senate Chambers to hear him claim the Galactic Empire? Was it the Force that let them know to call him "Emporer"?

Did that bird dog Ben rode on during the fight with Gen Greivous irritate you, too? I almost would rather have had a scene with Jar-Jar saying, "Me's a-stoopid!"

7. martheus

martheus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    It was cool getting to hang out with everyone last night.
    Now that I have my costume together, hopefully the wife and I can start to hang a lot more.

The saddest part to me is the fact that Anakin did not know that he had made a huge mistake until the end. The fear in his eyes as the mask fell down on his face was harsh.

Antone
    "Darth MAW"

8. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    I felt that, too, Antone. All the emotions which led him to the Dark Side were evidenced in that one shot as they all came through his expression: Fear, anger...it was all there. What a terrific scene now that you made me think about it!

BTW, folks, if you aren't wise to it yet, Martheus is the genius behind Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa, on sale now. www.toshigawa.com

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That was a shameless plug alert!

Yeah, I got a bit misty for the last scene on Naboo. That was shot beautifully.

The 'Frankenstein' scenes were pretty cool, but I really wish he'd lost it a bit more and/or fallen to his knees at the end. Just all out uncontrolled fury, anger, and remorse would have been amazing to see unleashed. I'd just seen it in my head and in the comics as more destructive- kinda like Christopher Reeve in Superman. I still get chills when hs screams "NOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!"

Threepio doesn't make the connection because of a certain line Bail says to Capt. Antilles(sp?). IT explains some of Threepio's lines to Luke in ANH and some of his arguments and confusion with Artoo.

The bird-lizard bugged me a bit- especially it's call. I was like, "Why don't you just strap a siren and some flashing lights to it to if you're going to announce you're coming?!"

And yes, it has been revealed, Artoo IS the chosen one!

10. blackdogotaku

blackdogotaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    thats right, bail did say "wipe the protocal droid" and 3P0 was all "wtf?"

i wasnt bugged as much by whatever obi-wan was riding, just that fact that obi-wan can handle flying, yet on this thing he was fine. i woulda been totally freaked

and obi-wan and yoda are able to call palpy the emperor b/c, y'know the movie doesnt show everything. usually when an emperor is announced there's lots of media and stuff. they prolly heard in on the republic newswire, or bail told them.
    use ur imagination and fill in the gaps

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm guessing an inner-office jedi memo or mass inter-galactic email!

Or maybe the tabloids..?

12. martheus

martheus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I felt the same way as you guys about the end as Darth Vader.
    I wanted him to fall to his knees. Things exploded. Dogs and Cats living together. But, it worked. I did like Hayden in this movie.

The jedi (until the end) seemed very secretive and scheming while Sideus appeared open and receptive to Ani. Everyone was pulling Anakin to one side or another. Even Padime asked him to do something in secret. Palpatine was the only one that did not (seem) to have anything to hide or to gain from Anakin.

Makes you wonder what side you would take if in the same situation.

Martheus
    "Darth MAW"

13. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    I'd choose the direction my friends were taking..and then we'd whoop somebody!

Ya'll are right, too. There was something missing about the film to me, and I think its better discussed at the other thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/Memphis,_TN/b10077/19783587/?1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.