main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Midwest Regional Meeting Planning thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Sorry, Mirax, can't help you out there. :(

Got Friday off, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all too!!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Ah, I feel your pain on that one.

I'm getting pumped too, we're almost there!! If anyone driving in wants my cell number in case something happens, send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

3. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Holy buckets BatMan - I leave in a week!

:eek:

8-}

[face_dancing]

4. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Hey, Kansas City folks, when/from where are you planning on leaving? Are you taking a caravan? I was planning on leaving Des moines Friday morning around 7ish, which would put me in KC by 10. I'm presuming a 5 hour trip from KC-StL, which would put me in StL before rush hour. (Can't check in til 3 anyway.) Maybe I could meet up with you and join your caravan if the times work out ok for you.
    I have a pickup with a tonto cover, so I can fit 1 more comfortably, and I can haul lots more gear in the back to make room for others in other vehicles if you wish.

5. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    We (me and the mrs.) are taking the train, as are about 4 or 5 other folks who are going. We do have 2 or 3 driving though, I'll post this on our boards and see if we can get them over here to maybe hook up with you.

6. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Thanks, gandalf.

7. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    Do you want me to try to bring my couple of lightsabers with?

I've got an MR one, and then another metal hilt & blade that I got at GenCon a few years back. I can easily use my MR box to put them in.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If you can sure. They will be cool and popular with the kiddies. Also bring your cheapy plastic ones to play in the park. If you're early maybe some of us can do a Target run to buy a couple if you need.

9. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I am bringing my ROTJ Luke and my RLSA custom. Can't have a Star Wars get together with out those. :D

10. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    No, we can't!! Yay!

11. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Hi everyone!

I wanted to clear up a matter that has come to light: The signing on Saturday is a event that lasts from 1 to 4:30pm. We agreed to do this in return for Mr. Allston giving our group a private talk on Friday night. That being said, no one is *required* to participate. If you feel that you do not want to do this, please let us know.

Thank you and if you have any questions please let us know!

We can't wait to meet all of you this coming weekend!!
    jedi_runya (Christina)

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ahh good, more dueling partners [face_devil]

13. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    I don't want to 'work' at the book signing. Also, our train is leaving at 3pm on sunday which means we can't do anymore fun stuff after 2:30pm. :(
    Will the tours be over before then or will some people be going to do 'other' stuff (like tours) on Saturday since the BBQ got pushed back until 6pm? What about the zoo? A Cardinals game? Six-Flags? Hang out at the hotel pool?

...just wondering...

14. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    WORK? Holy crap, I am driving six hours to "work"? Well I hope its as much "work" :p as we had to do at the opening of ROTS and Ronnies theater. :D That was a blast and I am sure this will be too. Woohoo can't wait!!

15. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    This is why I would like to do the Brewery on Saturday for those of us who aren't bringing a costume to go to the Hospital and who don't want to spend 5 hours at the book signing...

16. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Yeah, I think most of us coming back to KC on the train Sunday leave at 2:30 (thanks to Amtrak moving the departure time up an hour from what it was originally), so we need to be done by 1 or so I'd guess, depending on how long it takes to get to the train station, etc.

17. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I had hoped to make it to this when it was first announced, but it's just not going to work out financially. Lily Wan and I will just have to play the new Champions of the Force set here in Chicago this weekend. Sorry. :(

Phil

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The signing is 3 hours, tops.

19. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I'm excited for this weekend! MRM, CotF coming out, meeting Aaron Allston! I'm currently almost 200 pages into Betrayal. Need to finish it in 2 more days...

20. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005

Finished Betrayal! Yay! I didn't sleep for two days, but finished it. LOL! We can discuss this weekend. Yay! [face_dancing]

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Wow! Somebody want to do a synopsis for me??? :p I have no time to read before this weekend... :(

22. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm just hoping to pick up a copy at the store (since I haven't gotten one yet).

Going offline tonight - see peeps this weekend!!!! [face_dancing]

23. gandalfbmg

May 16, 2002
    Hi to everyone who's here in St. Louis and everyone who's not!

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/MRM/GroupwithAllston.jpg]

25. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey Bart....Just rub it in why dontcha...:p

Thanks for posting that Pic Dajuan. Any chance you might be willing to put a roster for who is in the picture? At least for the left side anyway....I think I can figure out everyone on the right side of the photo [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.