main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Mike 'Dorkman' Scott Injured, Needs Our Help

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 2, 2014.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    FB update:

Michael will be at Comic-Con this Saturday. If you will be there keep an eye out for him.

If you're going and you see him let us know here!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    It warms my heart to see the progress has come this far and appears to continue. Ongoing best wishes to Michael!

Jedi_Goulden_25 and Darkslayer like this.
  3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Just read this thread. Very heartwarming. God bless sir and continued recovery.

dolphin and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've been updating the thread here when I see new postings on the FB account. There haven't been any in almost a year so I'm hoping that means he's recovered from his injuries.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I hope so too!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I think some parts of his recovery are still ongoing. But it seems that he's made a LOT of progress and has been working again as a VFX artist according to his twitter.

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's good to hear. The FB page hasn't been updated since last year.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, I hadn't read about this before. Glad to read that he's had a strong recovery over the years. Thanks for reposting those updates over the years, LAJ- I wouldn't have seen them otherwise.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No probs. I think they've stopped updating the Facebook page - there hasn't been anything new in awhile.

10. JohnWick

JohnWick Jedi Knight

Jun 11, 2019
    The physical therapist decided that Michael was ready for sitting at the edge of the bed with assistance for the first time today. It will help him with developing core strength and trunk control. This is one of the steps on the road to standing and then walking again, so we are all very excited for him.

dolphin likes this.
  11. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    tell him get well soon

dolphin likes this.
  12. huntheforce

huntheforce Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2020
    Hope the best will come to him. I am still waiting for you to update more information.

padawon goulden likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I regularly check the Facebook page that's linked a few posts into this thread but it hasn't been updated in awhile. If it does get updated then the information will be posted here as well.

14. irunthedeathstar

irunthedeathstar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 12, 2013
    just seen this story i pray this heroic force user is well, anything that i can do to help please let me know

15. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I just saw this thread now after this whole time. I'll be praying for his recovery

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Any updates on this

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not recently. I still check the FB page though.

18. Clone Boi Crash

Clone Boi Crash Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2022
    DC and VA have one too, same result. They don't enforce it.

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I live in Northern VA. They do enforce it, but they cant pull you over unless you are violating another traffic violation.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They've tightened the rules here in the UK - you cannot have a phone in your hand if you are driving. There was a loophole that allowed their use if you were filming or playing a game (while driving? Seriously? I guess if you were stopped in traffic..).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60869941

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Bazinga'd likes this.
  21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I like the UK's heightened rules. I see people driving and texting all the time. I wish they had that Texas rule where I could sue them and get a bounty.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Hey LAJ, do you know if he ever made a full recovery? Was rooting and praying hard for him.

Sarge likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure. His FB donation page hasn't been updated in awhile. (Link is on first page).

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I heard from him a few years ago, but I couldn't tell you any more about his condition then than what's been said openly online. And I haven't heard anything since then.

Darkslayer likes this.