main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Milwaukee Brewers fan club.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by darth_gersh, Mar 7, 2008.

1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Yes, it was nice to see the Brewers comeback and win a tuff game. Braun is on Fire man Fire!

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Heard an interesting question on the radio. If the Brewers could only keep 1, who would it be, Fielder or Braun? I say Braun.

3. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Wow, thats a tuff one. Braun will be cheaper in the long run and Fielder probably bring more in a trade. Both have great bats and are young. I would say Braun, but it would probably come back to bite me on the butt.

Edit: Looks like they just signed Braun to a 7 year deal around 45 mil. Funny how that works.

4. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Yep, there's our answer. [face_laugh]

Braunie's a better player all the way around. I'm sure Prince is going to ask for at least double that, so he probably won't be here too long.

Sheets got lit up in the 7th inning today, giving up 3 homers. Ouch.

5. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I see a .500 record at the end of September guys. I see a severly pissed off fanbase at years end too. I think we're all tired of the excuses and "tough breaks".

Brewers, Brewers, keep turnin' up the heat!

The worst part is I wasn't even alive in 1982.

6. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    That was a pathetic weekend of baseball. Braun did his job. Yost most certainly did not have his team ready to play the champs. Pitching is horrible.

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    You can't be too hard on the Brewers for getting swept. They were on the road against a more talented team that had 2 days off in a row (due to the rain out) and were able to throw their #1 & #2 pitchers out there. Plus the Red Sox were just clicking on all cylinders this weekend offensively.

For me it was nice to see the Brewers come in. We don't get to see too much of them with this being an AL only city. They remind me a bit of the Rays. A lot of young talent that is starting to pull it together.

8. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Yay we won a game last night. Manny Parra looked good. Gagme gave up another 2 runs in the 9th.

9. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Brewers on a little 3 game mini streak. Need to keep it up to stay with in reach of Cubs. We have played 11/17 series on the road and have played more above .500 teams than anyone else in the league. Hopefully we will turn it up and make the mini streak into a 10 game streak.

10. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Well, we've now won 5 of 6, and things look like they may be starting to turn around. Back over .500, the offense is looking better, the pitching staff has been unbelievable. Good sweep of Houston.

11. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Playing better. Going for the sweep vs the D-backs today. Fielder's bat starting to wake up. Bush actually with a couple of wins. Just need to keep it up while the cubs keep up their tear vs week teams. Its OK because Cubs have to play in Milwaukee a couple of times at the end of the year. You know that time of year when they always fall apart.

12. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Two straight sweeps, 6 straight, nine out of ten, 12-4 since the sweep at Boston. Corey Hart with a three run inside the park home run. The team is playing damn good ball right now.

13. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Much needed win vs the Astros last night. Corey Hart with 2 dingers and Brewers with 5 overall. It would be nice to get a win today to win the series.

14. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Winning a series on the road is just what this team needed.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The Twins are one up on the cheese heads!:D Go-Go-Gomez power........!

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Damn you Mudd Duck. The Twinkies shall lose today.

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Yuck. Bad night. Not related to the game, but I was listening to the post game show and some guy who was at the game called in saying some Twins fans were chanting "flood insurance". That's not funny. Very classless. I have friends and family affected by the floods.

If you want concrete proof that MLB needs instant replay, look at Prince's shot in extra innings. Or if you want concrete proof that Prince Fielder needs to start eating burgers again, look at his shot in extra innings. That would've been gone by a mile last year.

It was pathetic watching the Brewers swing for the fences in extra innings. Good God, just get some base hits. Even Craig Counsell was trying to launch one and that ain't happening.

I'll be there tomorrow, and this team can't get swept at home. Unless it means that Yost is toast after.

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Thats really sad actualy considering how many people in Minnesota have also had their lives turned upside down by the same floods, and massive flooding last year. I suspect those types of people are not limited to Twins fans though, likely one or two drunk idiots ruining things for other people.

And I live in Manitoba, Canada. No Mudd Ducks up here.:p

Oh yeah, Twins going for the sweep tomorrow!:D

19. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    I am officially no longer a Ned Yost supporter in any way. Not after this game. There was no reason to bring Tavarez back out for the 12th, not after he loaded the bases in the 11th. And no reason in hell to leave him out there once a batter or two gets on base. That was bad bullpen management. You wait until the bases are loaded to even get someone throwing? And then wait till he gives up a 2 RBI hit before you pull him? You can say what you want about the Fielder call and them swinging for the fences, but Yost lost that game. In my mind, it rests squarely on his shoulders, and this was the last straw for me. Fire him, and do it soon please.

20. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Come see what's Brewin.
    Come see where the good times are.
    Come see what the Brewers are doing
    Come on and see a superstar.

21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Well two out of three aint bad for the Twins. Brewers pitched well today and Torres got both Mauer and Morneau in the ninth. Can't wait for the next meeting with the Brew Crew!

22. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    The Twins just always seem to have the Brewers #.

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Man, I still remember how Greg Vaughn used to always beat up on Rick Aguilera. Have of Rick's career blown saves were probably against the Brewers.:p

24. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Chance to sweep the Jays today. Bush is pitching so it will be tuff. Then we move on to playing Baltimore who is surprising teams this year.

25. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    What a great outing by Bush. No hits in 7 innings. =D=

Yet, they almost blow it at the end. This would've been the worst loss of the season, no doubt about it.