main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Mini-Games Challenge (Now Open For NEW 2024 Challenges!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 15, 2020.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, that is some extensive and impressive use of the buff stop, there! :D

So, @Pandora , as you may know, baroque music is both a major interest and professional specialty of mine in real life. So, even though goodness knows I have too many WIPs already (at least by my own standards), I am very keen to give this a go.

But if it’s all right, I have a question first, out of professional (I guess) curiosity: are all the pieces you’ve chosen purely instrumental, or do some of them have sung words?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  2. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    @Findswoman : All the pieces in the challenge are instrumental. (I was going to note that in my write-up, but then I forgot: blame that on the heat wave that is presently rotting the wits straight out of my brain.)

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    All good, and thanks for the clarification! Of course, you probably knew I’d be in no matter what your answer was, and I am. So, since we know each other, I’d like to let you pick a piece for me that you feel is well suited to me and the kinds of things I write! I know it will be lovely, whatever it is. :D

4. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @Findswoman : All good, and thanks for the clarification! Of course, you probably knew I’d be in no matter what your answer was, and I am. So, since we know each other, I’d like to let you pick a piece for me that you feel is well suited to me and the kinds of things I write! I know it will be lovely, whatever it is. :D

You're welcome. And yes, I did indeed have a feeling you would be in for this one.

As for your song, I knew straight away which one to give you. I do hope I have chosen well. You have received #3, "Adagio for Strings and Organ in G Minor" by Tomaso Albinoni:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  5. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    @Pandora Oh yes! Such a lovely piece—I definitely accept. Thanks tons! Now to think about what to write about... :)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  7. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @earlybird-obi-wan : You certainly may! You have received "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" by J.S. Bach.

First, the orchestral version:

Solo organ:

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yaaaaaas, @Pandora! I was also looking forward to another musical roulette from you! [face_dancing] The selections so far have been fantastic, and I bet #4 is, too, if you would be so kind! [face_batting]

9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Off the Beaten Path: SW Planets Challenge

The GFFA is a big place with countless planets, but we've been to Tatooine and Coruscant and Naboo a few times already. Let's go somewhere new!

I have five planets whose names will hopefully be familiar to some degree, though we haven't explored them thoroughly in the movies. Stories set in any era with any characters are welcome, but at least part of the story must take place on the assigned planet. No orbital fly-bys-- the character(s) must be on the ground.

1. @earlybird-obi-wan - Ord Mantell - "Rescue on Ord Mantell"
    2. @Raissa Baiard - Dantooine
    3. @Pandora - Malastare
    4. @Seldes_Katne - Nal Hutta
    5. @ViariSkywalker - Sullust

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  10. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
  11. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I tried to resist but when it comes to music, and discovering new music, I am weak. :p So, with the caveat that probably nothing will ever get written from it (and if you'd rather keep it open in case someone else who might actually write something comes along I'm perfectly fine with that), could I please have #2 @Pandora?

12. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    @ViariSkywalker , #5 is Sullust, mentioned in ROTJ. It's got an interesting environment-- looking forward to seeing what you can do with it! :)

13. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I can definitely work with that. [face_mischief]

14. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @Mira_Jade : Yes, indeed! And for #4, you have received "Concerto Grosso in B Minor, Op. 6" by George Handel:

--------------

@amidalachick : Yes, you may certainly have #2. (Though it may not be entirely new to you--I have heard it gets a fair bit of play in ads and soundtracks and such, which had no impact whatsoever on my decision to include it.) You have received "Winter" from the Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi.

15. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    OMG I love Xena. 4 please! @Kit'

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
  17. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    @Raissa Baiard , #2 is our favorite bluff-to-Tarkin planet, Dantooine. Good luck!

18. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    @Thumper09 : No guarantees that I'll come up with an idea before 2030, but I'm going to give this a try. #3?

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    [mention]vader_incarnate [/mention] number 4 it is!! This is a double quote from Xena and Gabrielle

Gabrielle: You’re waiting for the right moment to say I told you so, aren’t you?
    Xena: Nope. I’m waiting for you to say it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  20. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    @Pandora , no problem. #3 is Malastare, home to very fast and very dangerous pod-racing, among other things. I hope it's able to spark an idea for you! :)

21. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I haven't had a lot of time to think about writing (summer library programming is in full swing and various other things are going on in real life right now), but this challenge might give me a story idea in the future.

Number 4, please. :)

22. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    @Seldes_Katne , #4 is the only one of the group that AFAIK hasn't been mentioned in one of the movies, though it's popped up in TCW. You get the swampy world of Nal Hutta in all its glory. :) Best of luck with your summer activities!

23. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Thank you!

24. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006