main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Mirror of the Knowing Soul--DDC 2015--OC's, AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leiamoody, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Title: Mirror of the Knowing Soul
    Author: leiamoody
    Timeframe: Before (480 BBY), with framing narrative written during Saga (10 ABY)
    Characters: Nellith Kaido, Aduman Nical, Chevor Mikayzd, Meaithe Akam
    Genre: Diary Challenge
    Summary: A Shaman of the Whills writes about her final lifetime, including the challenges of teaching a Jedi master and padawan about the Afterlife.
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars universe is entirely owned by Lucasfilm and the Disney Corporation.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[The following document is an incomplete collection of musings composed by the Whills shaman, Nellith Kaido, beginning in 480 BBY. Notes within her papers indicate this document was ultimately intended to become an instructional tome called Mirror of the Knowing Soul. There is no indication why this document was never completed. A likely motivation would have involved the Whills' preference for oral teachings, although certain indications gathered from unique sources indicate Nellith chose to keep her teachings only for select pupils.

These entries are generally undated, since it was traditional for a Whills shaman to remain detached from linear time within the Living World. But I have determined that her first entry was recorded on parchment in 480 BBY, on the third day of the Vourosi month Kalima, shortly after the arrival of two Jedi, Master Aduman Nical and Padawan Chevor Mikayzd, who were on a quest to rediscover the lost art of Force immortality. I will provide approximate dates for each entry to provide a cohesive reading experience.

I have included Nellith Kaido's "diary" so future padawans in the New Jedi Order shall have an opportunity to study all things related to the Whills. Their teachings on the Afterlife were common knowledge among the very early Jedi, and needs to be remembered and disseminated among new students.

---Meaithe Akam, Archvist]

First Entry: Third day of Kalima, 480 BBY
    I have existed within many physical incarnations. My first lifetime was thousands of millennia ago, so far back in the mists of time that any memories from those years are transitory. One does not easily remember previous incarnations when trapped in the lowest of the lower realms. Only when I have departed from the cycle of life/death/rebirth shall I be able to fully access the memories of every single incarnation my soul belonged to across the eons.

This is my final body, the last incarnation. Once my physical body has dissolved and my essence has returned back to the Shining World, I will forever inhabit my true domain, fully aware of who I was and what I shall become. The destination of any soul must always be the plane that lies beyond the constrictions of the Living World. Reincarnation is a learning tool to be utilized across lifetimes solely for the advancement of knowledge. So much of the pain and joy that suffuses all corporeal existence sharpens and perfects the immaterial being. Once all facets of physical life have been contemplated and mastered, only then can a soul release itself from the imprisonment of the Living World and soar back into the Shining World. That is why Ascent is my goal, as it must be for every Shaman of the Whills.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating and very inventive. =D= I will be following this.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am going to love this. I am sure of it. So please put me on your update list!

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Lyrical and intriguing. I will be looking forward to this diary.

5. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
  6. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.