main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mistakes made by the Council

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by HowardFilms, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    OK, if the Council had any sense, they may have:

1) Noticed that a Sith Lord ran the Senate (yeah, yeah they couldn't sense himbull he was sitting RIGHT THERE!

2) Could the Jedi have not arranged for the freedom of Shmi. "No, you are now a Jedi, and even though this may result in you killing us all, we will let your Mom rot as a slave." Nice.

3) Could Obi-Wan not have saved Anakin in ROTS. WHen he bent down to check Padme's vitals, what if he had said, "Anakin, she is alive, but hurt, we need to get her to a medical facility." Maybe that would have been a better option then. "I will do what I must as I am blatently being the aggressor by lighting my saber alredy while claiming both that you are the evil one, and I wish to save you." Right.

Any others?

2. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    4) Notice the obvious connection between Count Dooku, Jango Fett and the Clone Army.

3. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    5) Been smarter than to have a bunch of soldiers guarding you when you know a Sith Lord controls the senate.

4. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    A jedi has no attachments.
    What sort of genuis would free his mom when he isn't supposed to have any attachments at all?

It's his attachment to his wife that gets them all killed, so freeing his mom would have just made it worse.

5. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    No, it was the fear of loss of those attatchments. Anakin was still attatched to his mother anyway, but no greed over losing her, if she were saved.

6. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    "What sort of genuis would free his mom when he isn't supposed to have any attachments at all?"

It isn't about attachments. No one said Shmi should have moved into the Jedi Temple. It's about compassion, which is suppose to be the Jedi way (key words "suppose to").

EDIT: Ok, so italics no longer functions.

7. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005

That's cruel! Stay back, Sith!

8. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    6) "Very dangerous putting the two of them together. I don't think the boy can handle it. I don't trust him." Hmmm, so, uh, why did you give him this assignment, then, Mace?

9. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I don't think so.
    The Jedi have Anakin, which is all they want. They couldn't care less about the families they steal their recruits from.

Palpatine was right, the Jedi suck.

10. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Dude, the Jedi are freakin evil! They always light their sabers first, and they have NO KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER ABOUT A FAIR FIGHT!!!! I mean, come one, we either have to do two on one, or tag team, what is their problem???

11. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    jedi has no attachments. What sort of genuis would free his mom when he isn't supposed to have any attachments at all?
    It's his attachment to his wife that gets them all killed, so freeing his mom would have just made it worse.

Furthermore, Shimi was freed and married her emancipator.

Why isn't the above italicizing?

12. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    7) Allow Obi-Wan, a newly promoted Jedi Knight, to train the oldest boy to ever be accepted in the program instead of giving him to a more experience master.

13. Darthnidan

Darthnidan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    I think that a huge mistake that council make was letting Anikin live. I think they all knew how dengerous the kid was, they should have been like " yhea... let's give him a test" kill him and them just say "well, i guess he didn't make it."

14. MasterThor

MasterThor Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    Biggest mestake. Training Anakin to be a Jedi. They should have listened to Mace Windu. The kid was to attached to his mother, and was hitting on Padme the entire time. The counsel was so desperate to train the "One who will bring balance," they forgot all about the jedi code.

15. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    mistake: darth maul isnt real. no sith.

16. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    I think their worst mistake was never explaining to Anakin what was going on. I mean come on, from Anakin's view, the Jedi were trying to kill Palpatine. He never knew Palpatine was behind the war, or any of that stuff. Gee, maybe if Obi-Wan had taken 5 minutes and told him that on Mustufar, things would have ended differently...

Would you all like to know what the Council lacked, the one thing Luke and had and they didn't? It was FAITH. They were so sure that once Anakin fell, he was doomed forever, that he could never be turned. They were so set in their attitude that Anakin was gone, that Darth Vader had destroyed him, when really Anakin was there, ready to be saved. The lack of faith was their major flaw.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Howard, I disagree.

Everyone and their Grandma was warning Anakin about Palpatine, and trying to explain to him what we really going on. He blew them off all off. Not their fault.

18. Kae-Din

Kae-Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005

Just some thoughts on why these things DO make sense:

1) Palpatine is the most powerful Sith EVER. The Jedi have no idea what they are dealing with. He's that good (bad) :)
    2) Did Anakin ever ask them?
    3) Obi-Wan is a powerful Jedi. He can feel that Anakin is gone, and has seen it also with Vader choking his wife. Yoda has already told him that Anakin is lost. He has meditated on the ship-ride and is ready to destroy the Sith, if that is his destiny. Anakin is clearly turned entirely by this point; Palpatine has re-wired his mind.

19. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    The Jedi are pretty bad at not caring where they get the apprentices. *Cringes before I bring up the EU*

Like in Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter an accountant for the Jedi has a Force sensitive son and they basically take the kid then tell the father he cannot see him anymore and fire him forcing the father to live in the slums of Coruscant.

-The Scummy-

20. Gungan_Sith

Gungan_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    Yeah, I got one. Why didn't the Jedi Council send some more Jedi to accompany Amidala back to Naboo if they knew Darth Maul was after the queen? I mean, even two Jedi are going to have a rough time with a Sith.

21. Box_Of_Sharp_Objects

Box_Of_Sharp_Objects Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    especially one with two/doubladed lightsaber!:p

22. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    They never told Nakain Palpatine was behind the war. Remember, he thought he was going to Mutufar to end the war by killing the Seperatists. He had no idea that Palpatine started the whole thing. Obi-Wan says "He was decieved by a lie, we all were." What's the difference betweeen Obi-Wan and Anakin. Well, Obi-Wan got the full story, and Anakin never did.

23. padawan_Timmins

padawan_Timmins Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    One of the biggest problems with the PT is the foolishness of the Jedi. Honestly, I think it was more jedi's stupidity rather than Palpatine's brillance that cost them the galaxy.

An example: ok maybe the jedi can't sense the dark side in Palpatine but consider that scene in AToC where palp, his blue horned lackey, jar-jar, and some jedi are talking in Palpatine's office. Palpatine and blue-guy (sorry can't remember his name) have this amazingly obvious and staged bit of dialouge about voting the chancellor emergency powers (Palpatine: "Gee, it's too bad Padme isn't here, she would have given me unlimited legal power, eh Jar-jar?" *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*) and then Jar-jar looks "thoughtful" and the scene end. Why didn't the jedi say anything? They were still there. Did they fall asleep? Padme was the leader of the anti-army faction; she'd rather kiss a wookie then give the chancellor emergence powers. Come on, guys! You don't need the Force to see what Palpatine is up to. Clouseau could have figured it out. Heck, I'm surprised Jar-jar fell for it.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    There was nothing Anakin needed to be told, Howard, he was an eyewitness to every piece of evidence the Jedi gathered. Look:

1. In AOTC, he was hit by Sith lightning used by Count Dooku, leader of the Separatists. He knew from this experience that Dooku was, indeed, a Sith. Thus, he knows 1 of the 2 Sith in the Galaxy is leading the CIS war effort.

2. He knows Palpatine is Chancellor of the Republic. It is well known that the Chancellor is leading the Republic's war effort.

3. Palpatine admits to Anakin that he is the second and final Sith lord in the Galaxy.

4. Therefore, Anakin knows that the Sith as an organization are leading both sides of the war. He knows this all from first-han experience. The only possible conclusion is that the war is staged.

Sorry, but this criticism of the Jedi just doesn't stand.

25. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2005
    I think the biggest mistake the Jedi Council made was, not reading the part of the script where it says they were all killed by clones! Luckily, yoda always reads the endings first, something about backwards talking, foward reading, the way of the dark side, it is...[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.