main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

JCC [Mock Comms] Fun and Games Forum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bacon164, Feb 24, 2021.

1. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2017
    Vietcong,

I totally understand what you’re saying, but change was needed. Perhaps if you listened to other people over the sound of your own spam, you’d see that. Can’t you see why your posts are making everyone here want to leave? Don’t you think you’re part of the problem here?

Let’s put it like this - if the boards were a symphony, you are the annoying kazoo. We cannot get away from your constant buzzing, no matter how much we wish we could. You could pick up a viola, and we might still dislike you for that choice but you would be being cooperative. For these forums to work, everyone has to try to understand where the even absolute worst posters are coming from.

-Chandrila

2. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I would just like to point out that “Spam” (which, as a proper noun, ought to be capitalized) is a brand name owned by the Hormel Foods Corporation, and is not a type of internet post. Using the term “spam” (lowercase) to refer to an excessive and/or unwelcome posting style is incorrect and nonsensical, much like the use of the word “literally” to mean “figuratively.” The more specific phrase: “an excessive and/or unwelcome posting style” is to be preferred.

Also, I believe I speak for the majority of users when I say that people who say “literally” when they clearly mean “figuratively” should be publicly flayed and their bodies hung in chains before the city gates, as a warning. And I mean that literally, not figuratively.

You are technically correct ... the best kind of correct.
    SeeThreePedant

SuperWatto , Ramza, Coruscant and 3 others like this.