main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Mock Comms] Fun and Games Forum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bacon164, Feb 24, 2021.

1. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Vietcong,

I totally understand what you’re saying, but change was needed. Perhaps if you listened to other people over the sound of your own spam, you’d see that. Can’t you see why your posts are making everyone here want to leave? Don’t you think you’re part of the problem here?

Let’s put it like this - if the boards were a symphony, you are the annoying kazoo. We cannot get away from your constant buzzing, no matter how much we wish we could. You could pick up a viola, and we might still dislike you for that choice but you would be being cooperative. For these forums to work, everyone has to try to understand where the even absolute worst posters are coming from.

-Chandrila

2. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I would just like to point out that “Spam” (which, as a proper noun, ought to be capitalized) is a brand name owned by the Hormel Foods Corporation, and is not a type of internet post. Using the term “spam” (lowercase) to refer to an excessive and/or unwelcome posting style is incorrect and nonsensical, much like the use of the word “literally” to mean “figuratively.” The more specific phrase: “an excessive and/or unwelcome posting style” is to be preferred.

Also, I believe I speak for the majority of users when I say that people who say “literally” when they clearly mean “figuratively” should be publicly flayed and their bodies hung in chains before the city gates, as a warning. And I mean that literally, not figuratively.

You are technically correct ... the best kind of correct.
    SeeThreePedant

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Welcome to another round of MOCK COMMS. This is akin to a 'mock trial,' in which participants assume the role of various players in an officious setting. But instead of a trial, it is Comms. For the next 14 days, the topic will be: banning Marvel topics in the JCC. Why does this topic suck out the life of every thread? Does Martin Scorsese hate Star Wars? Maybe Marvel deserves its own Community forum? We will find out in Mock Comms.

A player will be chosen at random to determine who begins the thread. A number of players will also be chosen at random to play moderators.

Character responses will be designated by a flip. If you get a heads, you extremely disagree with the poster above you. If you get a tails, you extremely agree with the poster above you.

Below, you can choose your character. On the left, you will designate your username. On the right, you should list the username of the fictional Comms character you are playing. Once compiled, it will tell us who is playing which character. You can add to the list.

When we are playing, please end each post with a manual signature that at least includes your fictional username. This will allow players to keep track of which players are playing as they play.

1. Bacon164 = Ruth’s_Blue_Milk

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    1. Bacon164 = Ruth’s_Blue_Milk
    2. Point Given - The MAGAlorian

Bacon164 likes this.
  5. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Wait, after a year it's brought up?

6. Point Given