main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Mod Squad Update for the week ending June 16th

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MON CAL WARRIOR

MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 1998
    Wow, um this is a really useless thread feature. It's like a self promotion for the "special" people.

It's like a , "look at me!!!" thread. Do we really need it?

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    probably not

3. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] @ MON CAL WARRIOR

4. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    We started it after all you people were yelling about how we were keeping secrets and never telling anyone what happened in the Mod Squad. Now you're complaining that we're telling you what's going on?

Please, make up your mind.

5. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We finally have some drama. :p

6. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    I have never complained about that, please don't lump me into a category I don't belong in.

Also I don't remember us asking for ego-massaging topics created by teenagers that really have nothing better to do that make themselves look like something really "special" on a Star Wars Internet bulletin board, only because that's the most consequential things they can do with their lives.

But then again, I'm not trying to start anything. Just pointing out that the thread seem so smell of something rotten.

7. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Oh good lord.

How owuld have us do this then? Send out personal e-mails? Make phone calls? How else can we do an update without posting a topic on the boards? Hey maybe we could post it on TF.N's front page! Or maybe we oculd just post parts of it randomly throughout the boards in other threads.

The populace of the boards, which may not include you, but was the vast majority of the people here, asked us to do something like this. They asked us not to be so private in the Mod Squad and to give updates about discussions that were going on. So we did, and we have been. If you don't like it, fine, don't read it. You are obviously enlightened, and don't require these things. But other people have asked for them.

If you have anthoer way of posting it without starting a topic, I would be more then happy to hear it.

8. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Since when has the admins really cared what the others thought?

When DL made Pb and paradox admins people complained didn't seem like they cared then.

All of a sudden they seem to care? So now we're at the part where they can post about how cool they were, when they banned someone, or when they had to edit a thread name cause it was inappropriate?

9. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    How owuld have us do this then? Send out personal e-mails? Make phone calls? How else can we do an update without posting a topic on the boards? Hey maybe we could post it on TF.N's front page! Or maybe we oculd just post parts of it randomly throughout the boards in other threads.

I would like an email and a phone call. :p

Seriously though, why aren't these posted in the announcement forum?

10. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    You're whining because we care about trying make this place more peaceful????? Damn. I guess all the mods should just go back to complete indifference, that will make everyone happy. Damn us all for listening to what people said. We're evil, we did what the people asked. How dare we?

And you still haven't answerd my question. How shoudl we post an update without posting an actual topic? Maybe you can teach us telepathy?

11. MON CAL WARRIOR

Dec 4, 1998
    Why do you need an update? When did the administartion start caring?

It seems like, some over eager people love showing around the new found ability to edit thread titles, and ban people. Not "inform" the regular members of the ongoing things.

12. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    :eek: @ DDH

Thanks for the clarification CBJedi.

13. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Why do you need an update?

Because people were complaing and creating DRAMA over how secretive things were. They wanted more info. We went over this.

When did the administartion start caring?

I love how you make it sound like a bad thing.

It seems like, some over eager people love showing around the new found ability to edit thread titles, and ban people. Not "inform" the regular members of the ongoing things.

Where are you seeing this? Read thorugh the updates. I don't think there's anything about how fun banning people is in this one. Nor about how fun it is to edit titles. (A pure gas, if you've never done it. You haven't experienced life until you've used the awesome power of the edit button.)

This week talked about abscences, the fact that we've found out a way to make forum headings better and easier to use, a problem we had at Dark Horse, and that we have some problem users. Where are we not talking about the ongoing discussions? Those are the discussions. I'm sorry if they're not up to your high standards. But this week we discussed problem users. We had a problem with a Dark Horse employee. There isn't anything else we talk about. We would post about the thread that talks about how were all getting parts in epIII simply because we're mods, but guess what, it didn't happen.

14. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    cbjedi, you are a very disturbed person. :p

15. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    How dare you tell us what is going on. For shame [face_plain]

Sorry, I feel that my power of thought has just ebbed away. :)

Seriously, people will have a go at anything if it involves them in charge

16. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i liked it better when disaffected moderators, i won'tnamenames sent the entire weeks posting from themod squad to random users

17. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Pardon?

UKS

18. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    See, Kyle? With MON CAL around, we don't need a banned games user :D
    _jOBO

19. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    What's better than sticky threads? I hear you say,
    well very sticky threads for a start.

As for drama, someone could always locate kadues little test colony and we could mount an invasion and ****, pillage and burn (or is that troll, spam and flame?).

How does one get banned? It sounds like quite a priveledge, not that I fancy it myself but I do fancy seeing an archive of slow motion replays of popular bans.
    Just a thought.

20. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    There's a DVD in the making of the most popular and hilarious bans, they're rushing production on it so it will hit stores in time for Arbor Day.

If you're patient enough, I'd wait for the Special Dramatic Edition with banning commentaries, April Fools outtakes, storyboard comparisons, the whole works. That should be ready by next St. George's Day. Mark you calendars. ;)

21. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Woohoo yeah,
    slow motion bannings
    locking a thread (it may have been my own but that is beside the point)
    all we need to do now is cause chaos and mayhem in kadues colony and then...I'm still thinking about that one, but one thing I do know is that

"I'VE GOT TEH POWER"

22. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Thanks for the update!

You want drama? Try watching the new Addams Family:

[image=http://www.dfwfanforce.net/images/photos/adamsfamily.jpg]

Where have all the good trolls gone? :_|

23. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Hmmm, I'd say the drama-meter just jumped from an awful 1 to a pathetic 2. Can someone post a new graphic showing the change.

24. SPECTOR

SPECTOR Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Finally!

Drama? Yes please.

25. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    If Dan's names have any sense of regularity it should be...

[image=http://www.boomspeed.com/canoli42/drama_meter_2.jpg]

Edit: yup, there you go :p

¤Night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.