main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending June 23rd, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Vertical, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    I agree with the administration on this issue.

2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Stop sucking up GriffZ

:p

Well I suppose you're all dieing for my input:

Banned User Messages: assuming this does not apply with pm's to mod for a way to consider further discussion, i agree.
    Headings: Kadue is cool. He's an Aussie. You don't need anything else.
    Absences: mah gawd who's watching games!?
    self-regulation: i don't see enough to comment on
    AC Security: if he can hack AC, why do you think he can't hack ModSquad?
    titles: i agree, unless they're lucasarts/SW peeps when they'd be vips anyway
    promo: sounds good. when's my promo? ( [face_mischief] inside joke, sorry i had to)
    kimball: why'd you put this here? *shrug*
    problem users: ooooooook
    polls: the forums will die. seriously. :p
    VIP's: i defer you to the promo area
    shakespear: i never read this thing
    speeling: i ain't got it, and it's a luxory. so there.

:)

¤Night

3. wadda_u_know

wadda_u_know Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2000
    I would explain how Captain Luther commandeered my account and abused it, but I don't think I'll bother considering all the people in this forum that seem to despise me and shoot down whatever thoughts I have. Guess that's what happens when you're one of two people in the JCC without colors. [face_plain]

4. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I'm sorry, I didn't understand that, but I'd like to.

Care to clarify?

Vertical

5. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    I'm sorry, I don't know who that was aimed at, but I'd like to.

Care to clarify?

(nice parady huh :p)

vert do you mind i've been pretnending to be you in the JC chat? I figure anyone who thinks a person with an AIM name of "Night4554" could be someone else deserves it... but i do straighten them out later. man is it a riot!

¤Night

6. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Never been to it. Where is it? How do I find it?

Vertical

7. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    It's nice not to see any "drama".

:p

8. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    it's an AIM chat, if you have AOL IM, im me at Night4554 and I'll invite you in.

¤Night

9. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Dont do it Vert, that place...its scary...I went once when it was full...I had to back out, and havent been there since.

10. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    I've only been there once.

11. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    As long as Internet_Drama turned out safe in the end... :)

Rick McCallum loves you!

12. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Posting messages from banned users will no longer be allowed.

Sounds like a good decision. I read through parts of one of the threads where this happened. It got pretty nasty in there.

Poor Internet_Drama. He created some drama of his own 8-} Welcome Back, I_D.

13. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Thanks for the update.

14. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Absences: mah gawd who's watching games!?

Mods who shouldnt be :p

JP is back though... so out out out!

15. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Bah, I'm always in there, you just never see me. :p

16. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Not talkin about you... you actualy know how games works :)

17. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Um...

Once again, the mods didn't have the guts to say that I was the problem user.

//hands mods a "Be honest" sticker

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    How 'bout I ban you for impersonating an RSA? There, you happy now that you're an official FF problem child? If you want things to get done, you have to go around the bueracracy to the well oiled machine that is FanForce.

*starts thread about "Obi-Zahn Kenobi = Internet Problem User" in the Old Folks Home*

[face_devil] :p

19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Howabout you ban me for impersonating a mod about 300 million times...

Or impersonating Chjyren Djer Vjiking and Anakin1999 at the same time...

20. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I only care about FanForce, if you're a JC problem, then they'll have to deal with you directly. You're thread has already gone off topic during the first post, apparently you're not as big of a problem as I thought. Too bad really, I had high hopes for you and your cause.

21. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "They were discussed. For obvious reasons, the names and specifics shouldn't become public. If you've been keeping up, you know who they are, but we don't wish to give them any more attention than necessary, as that's apparently why some of the trolls keep coming back."

I thought of a question regarding this here piece of the update (and seemingly every update) and I thought I might ask my question, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a question. So here we go: What exactly is it that you guys and gals discuss about problem users? Yes, I know you can't go into specifics, but I am intrigued. Do you discuss potential banment/unbanment? Their current hairdos? I'm sorry I put the joke question there after only one real question but I just can't think of anything else you would discuss about them. I'm just generally curious as to how much discussion of problem users can actually go on.

Amazing.

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Well, it depends on the user we're discussing. With some its trying to get a consensus on how long the punishment should be. Sometimes it isn't a vut and dry "48 Hours!" of "Perm!" so we discuss what we think the punishment should be and then everyone can give input and not just the mod who banned the user.

Another thing we discuss with some of them is how to spot them. This is for the Serial Trolls who like to come back under aliases (Aliai?). We go through different methods we have of spotting them, methods which I probably shouldn't share here, because then they become harder to spot.

And there are some (Like Obi-Zahn Kinobi ;) ) who we discuss just as heads up to other mods as people to watch, or keep an eye on. Those are actually the minorty of the members we discuss. Mostly its Paragraphs 1 and 2.

But that's the main gist of the "Problem User" discussion.

23. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Here?s an example. I?m not going to give many specifics, but it?ll hopefully show the general process of the problem user threads.

A thread was created in the Mod Squad called ?The troll came back, the very next day? by GriffZ. A troll that we had banned was coming back with socks. GriffZ created the thread to warn us all that the troll was coming back, and to complain about how ridiculous the troll was being. Liz Skywalker and Darth Ludicrous sympathized with GriffZ, basically just saying that we have to keep banning those pesky socks. I asked for an Admin to use one of their more potent identity checking tools. GriffZ said that no Admins were online, so he just banned the socks. Vertical logged in and confirmed the identity of the troll. Missninfan complained about Drama. We looked at a few more suspicious users and decided that they were not socks.

Pretty routine, all in all.

24. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    You guys and ladies are very efficient.

25. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    It was agreed that this was best left up to the discretion of the current Advisory Council members. You can read all about this in their update, if they provide one.

Is this my legacy?! Is this the tarnish to be thrown upon the rebuttal of my very maligned and haughty recourses? But is the informant not the one with the recourse, shouldn't such a position be taken with glory and not viewed defunct?!

//heavily broods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.