main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending June 30th

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Mod Squad Update for the week ending June 30th, 2002

Notes from FanForce
    As usual, Hama-Ryu Kinnebi, Bobafemme, and Minacia_Brightstar were kind enough to keep us JC mods updated on the major changes to FanForce this week. They include...
    1. NodNarbOen's promotion to the position of Singapore City Rep.

2. ObiWill's replacement of LadySith as the City Rep for New York City

3. The addition of an Abilene, TX board

4. The addition of The LaGrange, GA board

5. Bobafemme's resignation as GSA and RSA. We'd like to publically thank her for the countless hours she has put into FanForce. If you would like to post a public note of thanks to her, you may do so in this thread. She chose not to accept VIP status, but she is, of course, welcome to change her mind at any time. Thanks again, Bobafemme!

Internet_Drama Raises Hackles
    Lord Bane, feeling that Internet_Drama was spamming and totally worthless to the boards, since he almost always posts the same two words and doesn't contribute to discussion (under that name, at least ;) ), banned him and started a thread about it. A brief, but opionated discussion followed, showing that the rest of the mods disagreed with the action. LB saw that many users (mods and members alike) still enjoy I_D's contributions and since the banning was creating more trouble than it was worth, he reversed his decision and unbanned I_D.
    His complaints about the sock remain.

A Colorful Debate (heh heh)
    The Advisory Council, in their continuing efforts to help the forums, brought to our attention the issue of Mod/CR/VIP color schemes. At the start of the thread, VIPs had red lettering, former mods had green lettering, City Reps had blue coloring and Mods/Mngers/Admins/RSAs were veritable rainbows. Further discussion was given on whether or not to break down the VIP scheme, including separate colors for LFL folk, authors, former mods, FF VIPs, JC VIPs, etc. The decision was to keep the current scheme, with continuing discussion about former mods having the green lettering.
    VIPs - underlined bold red
    CRs - bold blue
    Admins/Managers/Mods - any color, but it has to have highlight

green_cross_code is back!
    After five months of inactivity, he's ready to resume moderating AOTC as well as 3SA. Welcome back, GCC! :)

Helpful members
    Gandolf the Grey pointed us to a particularly helpful member who has put a lot of time into improving the AOTC and 3SA forums. Members who PM online moderators with links to redundant threads and people who break the rules are an invaluable part of the JC, so we like to make sure that their contributions don't go unnoticed by our teammates.

Moderator Vacations
    The Gatherer, Oakessteve, Mar17swgirl, Mr. P, and Commander Antilles each announced that they'd be taking leave of the boards for varying amounts of time. Also, jp-30 got back from his leave-of-absence. We noted how fortunate it was that Hama, Vert, CA, and myself have all vacationed at slightly different points of time. We dread the thought of the chaos that could ensue if we went Administrator-less for a few days. :eek:
    Also, DarthAttorney made the following announcement:

[blockquote][i]ahem![/i]

I would like to announce that I will not be going away this weekend and will waste a sizeable chunk of it here at the JC and other various time wasting sites which are known to me a few of my top secret socks.

I just want to let people know that RPG, Misc and EUM do NOT need to be watched extra closely this weekend and that I will be around to pitch in on 3SA.....for a change.

Hope this isn't too much of a burden on everyone els

2. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Again, great job guys. Especially with the "situations" that happened this weekend. :)

Oh, happy Canada Day to all of the Canadian mods. Gotta love their patriotic colors. ;)

3. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Internet_Drama Raises Hackles
    Lord Bane, feeling that Internet_Drama was spamming and totally worthless to the boards, since he almost always posts the same two words and doesn't contribute to discussion (under that name, at least ), banned him and started a thread about it. A brief, but opionated discussion followed, showing that the rest of the mods disagreed with the action. LB saw that many users (mods and members alike) still enjoy I_D's contributions and since the banning was creating more trouble than it was worth, he reversed his decision and unbanned I_D.
    His complaints about the sock remain.

Lord BAN causes more trouble then I_D he needs serious help.

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Canada Day!!!! It's aboot time it got here, ay?

5. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    But where's the internet_drama?

I had a conversation with DarthAttorney about the situation regarding profanities at the JC as it doesn't seem that clear as to what is acceptable anymore as a lot of variations of words and various words are floating around. DarthAttorney was able to answer my questions but maybe there should be some sort of announcement clearly stating what will be tolerated so that there are no bans related to misunderstandings over this. New users may think it is acceptable to post **** while grizzled old ones may just have lost too many braincells to be able to remember.

Guess

6. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Yup Canada day rules.

Cant beat shooting roman candles off at your buddies.

7. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    I noticed GCC was back a few days ago...thats good stuff....just dont mention the World Cup...

Personally, I dont know if new VIP colour schemesare necessary....I mean, there are so many possibilities for different types of VIPs, you could run out of colours...its much easier to leave it be. Besides, it isnt like its important or anything. It isnt going to destroy the boards is a LFL employee has the same colours as an author or anything.

I cant believe mods have a life...how dare they enjoy the sunlight for a few days? I'm glad DA still enjoys getting a tan under his 60W light bulb...

8. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    Could this place get any more retarded?

Good lord. I have to much to say about the corruption that is the administration here to even begin.

Pathetic.

9. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    I don't think anyone has ever been banned for posting partially-blocked profanity. You may get an edit and a warning, but we're not that strict.

10. MushroomHead

May 28, 2002
    I like your attitude.

11. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    It's "eh," Sape. ;)

And I'm curious as to who this saint of a user in 3SA and AotC that Gandy mentioned was. Always nice to have a name to go with compliments. ;)

EDIT: And welcome back, GCC!

12. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Must be me! I am perfectly behaved in those 2 forums!

Wait! I dont go there

13. MushroomHead

May 28, 2002
    I didn't mean partially blocked I meant profanities in general, they aren't really needed, but some words are more offensive in certain countries. **** for example is used in europe without the same meaning as in britain or america. Crap is another, bugger is a word people may not know the meaning of so it might slip through from the rowdy british crowd and become a common term but to the almighty americans it doesn't mean prat to a lamp post.

You catch my drift?

EDIT: Yes, but you don't need to literally spell it out. ;)

14. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    KKK member banned at the JC

Wow you guys are just as bad as him.

Although this will derail the actual topic I will explain my sig.

Yes I am a member of the KKK.I believe the white race is the superior race.I do no hate other races because nobody has control over which race you will be.

I don't believe in equality.Be it racial or economical.I don't believe in it.

Why am I a member of the KKK? I'm pure caucasian.I want to keep the pure caucasians the way they are...pure.

Its not about Hate...its about LOVE

How that is ban worthy I dont know, Sure I dont love the KKK and think they are retarded but still banning someone for it?

There was nothing hateful in his post... he said nothing about killing all non white people but still gets banned cause he flaunts he is a member of the KKK.

He might of actualy learned something good from most people here instead you banned him.

15. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000

Must be me! I am perfectly behaved in those 2 forums!

[i]Wait! I dont go there [/i][hr][/blockquote]

Hence why you are well behaved in there AA. ;)

16. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    nice work, guys.

17. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Hence why you are well behaved in there AA.

Soon as my games banner is ready I will be good here too :p

18. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    It could have had to do with the signature more than the admitted affiliation with any hate group.

19. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    After reading through the relevant thread and other details, Gay-Len has it right, it was for the sig, which has been deleted.

20. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

thank you for the update...

21. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    green_cross_code is back!!! w00t!

22. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Bye Bobafemme. We'll miss you.

*coughNOTcough*

:D

Hmm.

Did you discuss ex post facto bannings?

23. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    That just breaks my heart OZK. :(

24. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Kick him in the nuts :)

25. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    She's not sadistic.

I hope...

Thread Status: