main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Modsquad Update For The Week Ending September 15, 2002.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lobot_Omy, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    *bops jediguy and DarthTunick on the head for their insolence.* :p ;)

I agree - I'd like to see what was submitted by J-M-T after having been involved in the input process. :)

Nice update though. :D

LittleJedi

2. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Yep, I think it will take us roughly a week (maybe few days more/less depending on the general consenus) before the JCC Reform is made public.

:)

3. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks! Looking forward to it! :D :cool: It should be interesting.... ;)

LittleJedi

4. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Thanks for the update. :)

Tayschrenn

5. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    There is a serious lack of "Aye"s. :p

Go Irish

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Someone asked about jedi-mind-trick's proposals as well as the recommendations and comments from the members of the YJCC. This is a very active topic in Mod Squad. j-m-t wrote up an incredible summary of what's been going on. As a matter of fact, I just got finished responding to each of her points. I would imagine that once everyone has had a chance to respond and come to some sort of agreement on each of the topics, an update will be forthcoming.

One of the main reasons more information wasn't available for this update was that her summary came in late last night after the update was published. Even if we're not done by next week, I'd like to think you'll see an update. These are too important of issues for the YJCC and we don't want to rush through it and make sweeping changes without input from many groups. I hope this helps clear things up a little bit. :)

7. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    you might want to edit it to say that the voting for the banner has closed

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I pulled some lyrics from the Seb-X Archives in place of the missing Shakespeare/Beatles Quote and edited them into the top. I've got a few more in the archives that I can use as a pinch hitter if necessary.

9. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    And just wondering, but will an outline of JMT's ideas be available once she's expressed them to the mod squad or will we have to wait in the dark until the mod squad votes on it?

Well Carosel, honestly, you are not in the dark, as you all have pretty much seen it. If you read the thread, you will have a pretty good idea of what the proposal consists of. There are no major surprises in there.

But just to calm everyone down, I would like you to know that my proposal calls for some moderate changes, as that is what the majority of users wanted. Furthermore, half of the proposal covers elements to be added to the JCC (like more games), rather than restricted from.

So don't panic folks....it is nothing drastic. We aren't going to burn the place, just give it a tweak here and there. ;)

Subulba - your misquote rocks! :D

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    We aren't going to burn the place, just give it a tweak here and there.

jedi-mind-trick, bring me the hydrospanners.

11. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    [lando]They told me they fixed it!!!![/lando]

people's comments after the JCC proposals are put in place

12. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    i wish the moderators would contribute their thoughts on the effectiveness of the AC in the AC, it might just make it more effective.

Humble, and anyone else wondering, all that's happened is that some people have expressed concerns over whether the AC is being as effective as it should be, and also on the effect is has on the perception of mods. Many of us have said that before anything happens, the AC and the members of the board need to be involved in discussions about what we all want from the AC, and what it's role should be, compared to what it's perceived to be.

We aren't going to burn the place, just give it a tweak here and there.

puts away the flamethrower :(

;)

13. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "Yep, I think it will take us roughly a week (maybe few days more/less depending on the general consenus) before the JCC Reform is made public."

Is the reform going to be final, or will it be sent to the AC at all? Or will it be given a trial period?

Amazing.

14. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Ah, alright, J-Trick...
    I had thought that the reform thread was only part of your proposal.

15. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
  16. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful Update Lobot_Omy :)

17. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Thanks again, and thanks to the other moderators who contributed.

18. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    so you aren't gonna go with the fashions I suggested! :eek:

maybe I should take my suggestions to the AC for debate ?[face_plain] :p

19. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Good update, but haven't we already had enough Mod Squad DRAMA! about inside jokes in updates?

Lord Bane has temporarily returned to discuss moderator self-policing in the 'squad. This occasion was celebrated with a bad "Bane" pun contest; the winning pun was posted by DarthSapient.

So would it be a breech of Mod Squad security to tell us the pun, or are only the mods allowed to read funny posts? Because if you aren't going to tell us what the pun is, what was the point in dangling the fact that there was one over our heads?

20. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002

Fate, hey! I have an idea! Let's make issues out of nothing! Yea! Yea! It'll be fun! Wait...it seems you started without me :(

Isn't it possible it just slipped their mind +/or they just didn't think it mattered? :)

21. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Citizen-tom, you are always on my back. Can you please cool it? At least I know how to use proper grammar.

EDIT: That's what I'm trying to tell him KW. I'm ending it.

22. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Give it a rest, please. Take it to PM if you'd like, but don't clutter this thread up with it.

23. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    Always on your back? Can I have an example or two?

Adam Bertocci Loves You!

edit--Sorry KW

and fate, I was just trying to say that it was really making an issue out of what I believe to be nothing. You may see it different, I don't know...

24. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    "I pulled some lyrics from the Seb-X Archives in place of the missing Shakespeare/Beatles Quote and edited them into the top. I've got a few more in the archives that I can use as a pinch hitter if necessary."

:(

Why?

It was so clean...so simple without it.

25. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    jediguy, you should know by now that nothing involving the mods is "clean." :p

Fate, I was rather surprised he didn't include Sapient's pun as well, but I guess he just wanted to save you guys the bane of reading it. :p

Quote:

[blockquote]"That guy is a bane in my ass." --[b]DarthSapient[/b]'s winning entry[/blockquote][hr]

:O Flaming in the Mod Squad. Call [b]Spike_Spiegel[/b]'s tabloid publisher!

[i]Quote:[/i]
    [hr][blockquote]"The Bane in Spain falls mainly on the spank button." --[b]DarthAttorney[/b]'s groan-inducing entry[/blockquote][hr]

There! There's nothing more dramatic than bad Mod Squad puns, right? :p

On a more serious note, I am about to give [b]jp-30[/b] and [b]Gandolf the Grey[/b] Manager status so they can help manage the forums more effectively.

EDIT: Fixing markups and adding a note that I'm holding off on the above-mentioned repromotions in favor of the restructurization discussions we've been having.

[color=purple]Fixed the spelling of my name. :p[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.