main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Moff Gideon (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 27, 2019.

1. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I think The Mandalorian takes place before Palps returned in the flesh, he's probably still a disembodied spirit somewhere. Gideon almost certainly has a boss though.

2. Kowakian Kebab

Kowakian Kebab Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 5, 2020
    Never know, Gideon himself might have undergone some M-Count infusion in his younger days and is trying to find a way to replicate it. If he is indeed just a remnant and not part of Palpatine's web he wouldn't have access to the original experiments and that's why he keeps getting failures.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    M-Count is the new T-Virus.

Lulu Mars and Sauron_18 like this.
  4. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    According to the TROS novel Palps jumped bodies mid-fall in ROTJ, so he's already in the flesh on Exegol by this point.

5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    yeah, he's burning through clone bodies similar to Dark Empire.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Does Gideon’s lightsaber look more cartoonish than the lightsabers in the movies? I’m being literal here. The special effects for it make it look like it’s a cel animated cartoon.

Also Gideon’s costume looks like he was invited to a Star Wars themed costume party at the last minute and he didn’t quite have all the right materials to pull off a Vader costume but he said “screw it I’m still going as Vader!”

B3 likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The dark saber is more unique so maybe that’s why

Django Fett likes this.
  8. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    For me, for what we saw at the end of the latest Chapter, Moff Gideon, like Snoke and Palpatine, is pure evil personified.

Like Snoke and Palpatine, he appeared to take sadistic pleasure in beings suffering. Firstly Grogu's desperation in trying to get rid of the Stormtroopers and even the Stormtroopers themselves. He stopped the other Stormtroopers by his side from rendering help and couldnt care less if the ones that Grogu was battering died. And then his mannerisms towards Grogu after he was spent using the Force held no compassion or emotion whatsoever, just satisfaction with his level of power that he hopes to extract from Gideon.

For me, this is evil in its purest form - those that take sadistic pleasure from the suffering from others. No conflict in emotion, no empathy, no compassion and so on. Just pure sadistic evilness.

Awushi Awere, B3 and Krueger like this.
  9. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I wish Gideon had been watching the whole battle from a view screen on his ship, explaining the tactical capabilities of mortars, e-webs, and giant boulders, ordering the Stormtrooper platoon like a game of Command and Conquer. "Aha, my Dark Troopers have just finished their construction queue. Check mate."

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Gideon panicked after losing his Death Troopers, and contacted Hammer to make some Dark Trooper drones,lol.

11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I´m still hoping for more about Gideon. At this point, he is a little "evil for the sake of it", and I´m not sure why he would command any kind of loyalty, seeing how he is constantly wasting his troops like he still has unlimited resources. I mean, from Bo Katan´s episode we know he is feared, but like Tarkin´s pragmatism and Krennic´s ambition, I´m still very interested in getting to see more about what motivates this man, how he sees the galaxy, and in which ways he hopes to reshape it.

Haha, don't want to get my hopes high on getting Rom Mohc!

12. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’m still hoping Gideon turns out to be a disgusted ex-Mandalorian subject who holds their “dignity” and “honor” in disdain, simply sees them as glorified and arrogant killers, and wants to show he could do better at that and with less hypocrisy than they could as an Imperial.

Really, that interview where Esposito teased having the character make an offer of alliance with Din pretty much has to require some kind of brutally honest and deconstructive takedown of Mandalorian Culture in a way that would hurt Din.

For some odd reason, the idea of Gideon disarming Din with the darksaber, then trying to break his will by, say, revealing Death Watch intentionally used his childhood village as a battleground, knowing they would take surviving children as foundlings whether the parents were dead or not, feels like it could work...

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The many similarities that The Mandalorian shares with the movie Willow in story and character traits/types(even composited), I more lean towards Gideon being a General Kael type. Heck, even Queen Bavmorda's throne looked like Emperor Palpatine's on Exegol.

14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I certainly hope we get the Gideon goods next week. I was really expecting to see more of him throughout this season.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Fav and Fil are playing the long game with this show. While I imagine Gideon will have some solid screentime next episode, I bet they're also planning on stretching his story over a couple of seasons.

16. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I think that Gideon does have some kind of desire for Force powers, or at least a deep admiration of them. He's clearly a Vader wannabe, with the rhyming imagery of Vader's suit and the need to wield the dark saber.

This guy definitely has his own aspirations and isn't merely someone else's pawn. So if Pershing was able to make the Force transfusion workable, I'm sure Gideon would sign up.

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Gideon attempting to inject Grogu's Force powers into his own body which would then mutate him into some sort of crazed huge/strong hideous monster sounds kinda terrible to me but it also sounds like the kind of thing that would totally happen.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’m actually thinking that just injecting yourself with midis ends up just regular mutating you, where it doesn’t give you special powers, but just starts changing your physiology in creepy ways and killing you; it would be a way to play with the whole science-magic aspect they have if Force powers simply can’t be replicated that way.

...A theory for it might be that the midichlorians seek out the Force, not generate it, and thus depriving them of their source leads them to turn on *you*.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s what’s so great about the darksaber, IMO. It looks like a tear in the fabric of reality. Like dark matter or something. So yeah. It does look like cel animation. Unreal, essentially. And that makes it more unsettling in my view.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  20. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Midichlorians don't create the Force, they just allow living things to "communicate" with the Force.

The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

Bor Mullet, Snafu55 and bstnsx704 like this.
  21. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I was onboard with Moff Gideon being the big baddie until he tried to off himself.
    Just another minion.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    That was some great acting by Espisito though. Pure fear.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Bor Mullet and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Speculation is that Thrawn is Gideon's boss but I just don't see Gideon succumbing the power he's gained to play patsy to someone that's only another of Palpatine's minnions, Vader I could see but not Thrawn. Could there be a 2nd Sith apprentice, just as Palps had a contingency plan for being beaten by Anakin and Luke, did he have a contingency for another apprentice?

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think he reported to Palpatine in exile. His mission was to find a strong force sensitive and extract their high midichlorian count blood for use in the creation of Snoke after Palpatine's clone son turned out to be a force dud.

25. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That's right, no way can Thrawn be anything but an equal.