main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I love how uncomfortable the Detective Pikachu and Sonic renders make people feel. Those don't bother me, but porgs creep me out.

Also I just finished watching National Treasure for the first time and [​IMG]

Kylun likes this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    If you're not terrified of Mr Mime, I'm terrified of you.

Dante1120 and Senpezeco like this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I love that both Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Shazam are the same year.

Kylun and Vthuil like this.
  4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
  5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yes, that is the first role everyone thinks about when Dave Bautista's name comes up. He might have been in other films, but we can't be sure. I heard he mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still, that he becomes invisible.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The most terrifying thing in that trailer was Jigglypuff, to be honest.

7. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    • I've gone to several escape rooms and I've tried to convince my dad that it would be fun, but he is steadfastly opposed to the idea of paying a stranger to lock you in a room. A horror movie based on an escape room is not doing me any favors.
    • I went to the comments of the Ugly Dolls movie looking for comments asking why the "ugly" dolls were cute. Was not disapointed.
    • Is it just me or does it seem like the MIB trailer is really downplaying the comedy and making it seem like a generic action flick?
    • Of course I'm going to see Ep 9, Avengers 4, and Far From Home. (Admittedly although I liked Homecoming, I thought it made Spiderman a bit too buffoonish. But for the sequel, I'm glad Mysterio is getting some love).
    • The Toy Story 4 trailer raises some questions: does anything a kid consider a toy (even an arts and crafts project made from a plastic spoon) also come to life?
    • Detective Pikachu: Could be a masterpiece, could be garbage, either way I'm gonna see it.
    • Artemis Fowl . . . now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. :obiwan: I loved those books in middle school. Neat mix of technology and magic. I question how faithful the movie will be. Artemis starts off as an anti-hero. The trailer makes it seem like young Harry Potter being introduced to a hidden world of magic, but Artemis Fowl is like if Harry Potter was an evil genius who figured out that magic was real by himself, and immediately decided to exploit this underground magical society.

8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    And Stellan Skarsgard is now Baron Harkonnen.

I was wondering who Chani would be, but apparently the movie is going the It route and splitting the book in two, so I'm assuming the Harkonnen coup would be the logical division point for that.

spicer likes this.
  9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm more interested in Feyd Rautha. Back in the day they went with Sting. Who'd be today's equivalent? Ed Sheeran cause of the hair...?

10. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    So... like http://www.hpmor.com/ ? :p

11. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Second thing in a few minutes to be brought up in Lit that I would have been quite happy to have never heard mentioned ever again for the rest of my life and beyond.

12. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Ow, that's cursed content. HPMOR is, ah, bad.

Vthuil likes this.
  13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  14. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    A few Star Wars related entries on Kindle daily deal today. Nnedi Okorafor's Binti trilogy, and Blood, Sweat and Pixels whose last chapter is the best overview of 1313 I think there is. Also Kim Stanley Robinson's New York 2140, which I would highly recommend. I'd love to see him do a Star Wars story. Maybe they can get him for the ESB 40th anthology.

Amon_Amarth and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Not sure if this warrants it's own thread, so I decided to post it hear . . . while browsing Wookieepedia I've discovered a bit of a mystery . . . So there's a reference book called Star Wars: The Dark Side (with a pretty cool Darth Maul cover). Apparently it was released Dec 6 2018, but only in French and Spanish. Does anyone else have anymore info?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Dark_Side

DarthJaceus likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's Tricia's new book, right? I saw some people tweeting about it. There was some new lore about Nightsisters or something.

DarthJaceus and JediBatman like this.
  18. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I've been keeping my eyes open for an English version since Jedi Bibliothek posted about it, but no luck so far.

DarthJaceus and JediBatman like this.
  19. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000

Apparently, this was supposed to be the original Call of Cthulhu game that was commissioned before the licensees switched publications. I'm looking forward to this even if all the gameplay indicates it's more or less "Dishonored without any of the cool powers."

Still, I love me some Lovecraft.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

We got a new Spider-Man trailer

JediBatman, Vthuil, Kylun and 2 others like this.
  21. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    So I came across this brief mention of a canceled Star Wars game from the late 90s:

Interesting that we have Threepio as a New Republic spy long before TFA. Also, it would have been a shame if this wasn't actually a video game adaptation of the Kessendra scene from Glove of Darth Vader. Which actually come to think of it, did have Threepio being sent as a spy....

22. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Ughhhh, I want it. I want live-action ham-and-cheese Trioculus and Hissa cutscenes.

Lit - TRIOCULUS IS RIGHTFUL HEIR, False Kadann Approved -- The Lit Forum GoDV/Jedi Prince Fancast Thread

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I want to be The New Emperor :(

Sinrebirth and MercenaryAce like this.
  24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Empires are bad, Jello.

Ghost likes this.
  25. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    So I thought the fact that kriffing Hydro-Man would be appearing in an actual blockbuster superhero movie would be the weirdest thing I saw today...

...until I read the very next post. I cannot believe that there was even for a single second actually going to be a GODV video game, and yet it sounds... at least possible that's what this could have been? Mind-blowing.