main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Maybe he could play a old in the final years of his life but still has some fight left in him Thrawn.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They should cast him in an ASOIAF prequel as Aegon the Conqueror or something.

Then he'd be a Dance with dragons.

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Sturm Antilles and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Charles Dance would make a cool Garm Bel Iblis.

JediBatman likes this.
  7. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Unrelated, but this was in a Nat Review article today, and I thought it was funny.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2019...y-elizabeth-warren-democratic-party-politics/

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Saw Alita: Battle Angel yesterday, it was a nice cyberpunk-ish action story with some creative use of cybernetics for everyday use.

Something very me I guess is that I'm a bit... disappointed I guess, over that most of the clothing and hair/mascara we see is very similar to street fashion we see nowadays and the lack of signs in other languages/writing systems than English and Spanish. But that don't stop me from wanting the "art of the movie" book

9. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I would've been happy with Charles Dance as Tarkin in R1.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can see that work

11. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Wayne Pygram was a good choice in Ep III, and played Scorpius. I'd keep him.

Dance looks a lot like Grand Admiral Grant I think.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Dance would have nailed Tarkin, but I would have liked to have seen more Pygram, too. I feel like he could have also done a fair job with Tarkin's voice in TCW.

Jedi Ben and Darth_Duck like this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Random question: I am about to (finally) get my hands on Battlefront 2 for Xbox One, and I was wondering if anyone knew if it is still possible to get TLJ Rey and Kylo, or were they pre-order only? It's not a deal breaker if I can't, but I was just curious.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They're not preorder bonuses, they're part of the Deluxe Edition. So if you get that edition, you'll have their skins.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    You guys.

Puns. Booze. Campy superheroes and supervillains. Sir Christopher Lee. Booze. Where has this song been my whole life? Answer: locked up in the vault of shame because the rest of The Return of Captain Invincible is atrocious. But still, "Name Your Poison" is amazing – in its own dated, (admittedly quite problematically) 80s way.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Awesome, thank you!

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You have not seen/heard it before today?

It has been posted in different threads in the forum from time to time

18. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Makes sense! I guess I haven’t been lurking long enough or broadly enough.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Gamiel likes this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think I know who Charles Dance could play...He'd make a good Valkorian (Vitiate, Tenembere, the Dragon of Zakul) huh....Huh? Anyone with me on this?

20. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    That would require people to care about SWTOR.

Which I don’t.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A crazy thought: in a cyberpunk-'verse do people think Disney would license 'The Real Snikt™' Wolverine™-Claws, ripper claws cybernetics?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recommend posting the video anytime somebody makes a "I don't drink vine" reference to Christopher Lee :p

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is a pretty epic fan trailer not gonna lie

23. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Topher Grace also did a fan edit of the entire prequel trilogy into a single 90 minute movie, back when the TPM 3D release came out. I think he also used audio clips from TCW in it, too. It's supposed to be really good... a shame it will never see the light of day. It is funny to think back to the late 90s/early 00s when fan edits were at their peak, especially for TPM. A lot of interesting work done on that movie by fans.

Anyway, the more I think about the ending of True Detective Season 3, the more satisfied I am with it, even if it wasn't the level of season 1. At the same time, I am very glad that "that" scene from the penultimate episode was just a misdirection.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've seen a few good Prequel Fan edits in my time...The Phantom Edit, being the most famous, I also saw another one were they replaced a bunch of the Nemodian and even Jar Jar dialouge with random Alien speak and added there own subtitlDialoguege

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That Han Solo switch partway through was completely unexpected. Or as they say in these parts, a surprise, to be sure, but a... etc...