main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Ahsoka Mon Mothma

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 26, 2022.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t know. Her having no clue that it’s a crime family feels off to me, and I don’t know if that’s how they’ll play it. This show’s plot points have been very convincing so far, and this would feel a touch unconvincing to me. We shall see!

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I've touched on this before but I think it would be a source of great drama if Mon found out that Vel was involved in the Aldhani heist. Vel's actions in a way have put Mon in the bind that she's in which has made her feel like she needs to marry off her daughter to a thug. Thanks cousin Vel!

3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What the Vel!!!???

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  4. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Oh Vel nah!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    Spoiler alert at the end.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Big spoiler! Not that surprising, but still!

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Huge spoiler. As careful as they've been with info I can't believe they told us Mon Mothma will end up in hiding, leading the Rebel Alliance.

Amakul, whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Now that the season is over, I want to once again state my opinion that the Mon Mothma storyline has been my favorite of the show. She's such an interesting character, and getting to explore her on a much deeper level has been the best thing about Andor.

And she lives on Coruscant. I will never tire of seeing Coruscant.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Told you Mon would do it

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    She's easily been one of my favorite characters in this series, and has really become one of the great female characters in Star Wars. While much of this season was demonstrating her being caught between a rock and hard place, I can't wait to see her go through the arc of breaking away from the Senate and spearheading the Rebellion.

11. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    While it was obvious before I think we now know that when Mon goes on the run and is revealed to be a rebel Leida and Perrin won't be joining her. Sacrificing her family for the rebellion is some pretty wild stuff!

Will Perrin eventually realize that he's being used by his wife? Will we see Leida much at all in season two? I"m guessing only a little bit.

Most importantly will we get some Mon Mothma scenes that take place anywhere else but her apartment, her car, and Luthen's shop? I hope so!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope we see Leida's journey until up to Rogue One. First hating her mother then being proud of her rebel mom. And one final scene between her and her mom in season 2 after she is a rebel leader.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    Generational Fan and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Gilroy has said that season 2 leads directly into the moments just before Rogue One. So by then, Cassian will have been working directly with Mon Mothma for quite some time. So yeah. Mothma will be leaving her apartment and we’ll see her on Yavin and possibly (hopefully) Dantooine!

14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    she's got some great outfits too (but where's the Chandrila Lace?)

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The outfits on Coruscant, especially the Chandrilan ones, were phenomenal.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  16. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    She was at the Senate once or twice too! ;)

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And a pony tail hanging down!

Bor Mullet and gezvader28 like this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    If each season two mini arc represents one year I wonder if that means we won't see Mon as an out and out rebel leader until the last three episodes of the series?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Last six episodes.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Do we know when exactly she flees the Senate and becomes a fugitive? I seem to think this was covered in Rebels, but I can’t remember.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Rebels yes and it happens 2 years before Rogue One, so episode 6 of Andor we will see her flee Corucant.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thank you, Sir.

23. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    Mon's character arc here, with all the politic and money talk, kinda brings to my mind the possibility of past complaints about TPM with all of it's focus on trade talk, tariffs, blockades and such, you know boring stuff instead of blaster fire fights.

But insurrections and rebellions don't start overnight and need funding & resources so I found all of her scenes enthralling. Leia gets all the limelight (naturally) but after seeing these last few episodes, seeing the mounting personal cost that Mon is forced to pay in order to keep the money flowing only serves to strengthen her character for me, a person, whom to me, was only a minor character in the OT.

The fractures in her marriage and family were apparently already there and her decision to aid in the nascent rebellion is only widening them. Great drama mixed with sadness and finalty and perhaps even regret, fascinating to watch.

Riv_Shiel, Krueger and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well known to people in the know, so to speak. Maybe to the general public he hides behind the guise of a businessman. I also assume Mothma's daughter probably lives a fairly sheltered life. And, although I may be wrong, we don't actually know she was born on Chandrila. If she was, ignore that last point. :p

Yes. I found her stuff a lot more compelling, for the most part.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  25. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Even though her relationships with her daughter and husband were strained, it's still pretty devastating to think about how Mon's arc this season led to essentially compromising both family members for the sake of keeping the Rebellion funded.