main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania | Discussion & Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jul 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    Ummm...hi, and happy Monday. Apologies for letting this go so long, but here is our next challenge:

MMM Challenge #10: I Promise
    [​IMG]
    Write a story that features a promise—made, kept or broken.

The due date is in six weeks on Monday, July 6.

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, what a lovely prompt! This has all sorts of wonderful mushy potential! [face_love] [face_dancing]

I just set a few alerts for myself - this MMM is not slipping past me this time, not if I can help it! And, I think I already have an idea forming, at that. [face_thinking] [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    And MEGA SQUEEAGE! We already have a superb precedent where author(s) combine challenges in one story. :cool:

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't written anything for months, and I have no ideas, but I have four weeks to come up with something.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  5. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Hey, there.....so it's been a while since we've had a challenge and since the last challenge got no response, I thought I'd ask if anyone is still interested either in re-running the last challenge or staring a new one. Is this just one challenge too many with the other recurring challenges that we have going? I'd like to hear any thoughts you might have.

6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I do enjoy the Monday Mush Challenge. It gives me a chance to write mushy and fluffy things or what passes as mush and fluff with me. [:D]

I'd be willing to try to write something for the last challenge or to write something for a new challenge.

I do enjoy these challenges and appreciate having it running:D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I too love MMM! Of course sometimes the prompt might not bite my muse, and 2020 was one heck of a year for my poor muse. But it's always fun to have one of these 'easier' challenges going to see if it sparks something.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, me three! I would love to see this thread and its challenges continue, and I would be perfectly fine with rerunning the last challenge. Even though I won’t always be able to take part, I am glad this thread is here—the more challenges, the merrier, I say! :)

devilinthedetails likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! I would adore re-running the "Promise" challenge.

And as for continuing MMM, even if I don't write something, I adore reading what others post. [face_dancing] And maybe make a solid rule if it isn't already stated that we can always go "back" and write for any of the challenges in this thread as longas we post the fic on a Monday; or write something that combines prompts from 2 of the MMM challenges. :cool:

10. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Hey, I've been outta writing practice and off the boards for a while. Now I'm getting back into writing again, I would like to try some writing challenges to keep my mind and writing habit fresh. I adore mush so this thread seems a perfect place to start. :D I've enjoyed reading previous MMM challenge responses and I'm interested in taking part if it continues. I like the latest "I Promise" challenge prompt, okay to post my challenge entry this Monday coming?

11. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Hello and welcome! Always glad to have fellow mush lovers here! If you have a story for the "I Promise" prompt ready, please feel free to post it on Monday.

And since there has been interest in keeping the mush going, for anyone else who would like to join, here's
    MMM Challenge #10.5: I Promise (Take 2)
    [​IMG]
    Write a story that features a promise—made, kept or broken.

The official due date will be in six weeks on Monday, March 15. (though if you are super-inspired, you may also post Monday :D)
    As an alternative, if you would like to do a story based on any of our previous prompts, you can do that too, and I will index them under the appropriate entry.

Thanks, and happy mushing@};-@};-@};-

12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Yay, so happy to see this Mush thread revived[face_love]

And I will definitely do my best to have something mushy up for The Promise Take Two!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  14. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    My first mush challenge entry is up for Challenge 10.5 (I Promise): One Broken, One Made
    Basic info: Jaina is let down, Jaina is picked up. :p

15. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Happy Tuesday! We had two great stories submitted yesterday for the "I Promise" challenge:
    For others who may be interested in the challenge, don't worry, you still have a chance to contribute; the official due date is Monday, March 15. You may also contribute a story based on any of the previous MMM challenge prompts.

16. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Happy Monday! :D
    I hope you don't mind but I used MMM Challenge #1's prompt (a character plans something special for another character) as inspiration for my latest drabble on The Infinite Drabbles Collection. If interested see info below:

Drabble 12 Title: All Good Sense
    Basics summary: Mara can’t cook but Luke knows that. Anniversary. Mush. [face_batting]

devilinthedetails likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SCRUMPTIOUS ... Luke with his boyish dimples, Mara with her irresistible appeal LOL

18. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Aww thanks! [face_blush] I just couldn't resist a bit of L/M mush. [face_love]

19. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    As part of the ongoing effort to revive this wonderful thread, I've posted a story about young Luke growing up on Tatooine for the "I Promise" Prompt #10.

Krayt Dragon in the Closet

So awesome to see all the renewed interest in this thread!:D

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    YOUNG!Luke :* [face_love]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  21. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Just a reminder that Monday, March 15th is the due date for the "I Promise" challenge; you are also welcome to contribute a story from any of the previous prompts that sparks you interest, too. We've already had three great stories (plus one for Challenge #1) and I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    So I started a Spoonfuls of Mush thread with Elzar Mann/Avar Kriss drabbles. The first set is posted here:

Adrift in an Ocean of Love

I plan to post more drabbles inspired by the Spoonfuls of Mush sets on Mondays.

All part of the revival of this magnificent thread and the excitement of this new High Republic Era that has won me over with its awesome cast of Jedi.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    for the "I promise" challenge my story Shields with chapter 4

24. Monday_Mush_Mania

Jun 9, 2007
    Happy Mushy Monday!
    Today is the due date for our “I Promise” challenge (or any other MMM stories you may have). We already have some contributions; looking forward to seeing more mushy goodness [face_love]

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019