main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Monologues - Your Tips & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by admiral__piett, Jan 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admiral__piett

admiral__piett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    I have to write two monologues for a project I'm working on. I'm not the greatest at writing speech, so I'm asking for some suggestions. If it helps any, here's the context for each:

The first monologue is given by an alien. He, along with his commerades, has taken over a highly-populated planet's moon and are using it as a base of operations for planning an overtake of the planet. After repeated attack attempts, the inhabitants of the planet are able to get one person into the base. The agent meets up with the mastermind of the attack. The agent, for whatever reason, is unable to respond in any way to the alien. So, the alien gives a speech to the agent about his sad history and his reasons for taking over the planet, successfully getting the agent, and the audience, to feel sorry for his cause. This speech should be 4-5 minutes long, so it must keep the veiwers' attention.

How can I go about making this hideous, evil alien make the agent, and the audience, feel sorry for him? Your help would be very much appreciated.

2. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    well, any real, smart villain wouldn't even bother with the speech. after all, during the time it takes to make a speech, the hero can find ways of escapting. the villain would just shoot him and talk to the corpse.

if you want the alien to seem real bad, that's what I suggest you do. the alien can get real teary over the body and say how he didn't want to have to kill people but his past dictated it and his training demanded that he kill dissenters, but he really didn't want to. the audience would probably go for that.

one question: is this for a play? b/c for a fic, you can have internal monolouges without a word being spoken.

3. admiral__piett

admiral__piett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    I should have explained more: the hero has something that the villian needs, and the hero is the only one who can give it to him.

Thanks for your suggestions.

4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    that's easy. torture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.