main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Monsters love their babies, too", graphic SW children book (Krennic & OC child)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: "Monsters love their babies, too", a graphic SW children book (Director Orson Callan Krennic and his OC daughter Cassandra)

Author
    :
    @AzureAngel2

Muse:
    @DarthUncle

Editor:
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Time frame:
    The story happens in 10 BBY.

Summary:
    After a long hard day in the office a father witnesses the heartbreaking insomnia of his child. He is single and only has a nanny droid to help out, plus a fellow Imperial officer.

Material for the water colour paintings:
    Done with a pencil, aquarel crayons and a black pen on a white sheet of paper (A4)

Length: x double pages (= one text page and another page with one acrylic painting matched to it), including the last page saying: THE END

Sources: Inspirations are my daily work, some parents who do love their kids, Anna from "Frozen" (2015), my SW "Rogue One" Disney comic by Igor Chimisso, Matteo Piana, Stefano Simeone, Davide Turotti, Kawauu Creative Studios and others (2018), the children book "Tell me one thing, dad" by Tom Pow and illustrated by Ian Andrew (2004) plus the "Galactic Atlas" done by Tim McDonagh (2017).

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

Page 1:

Daddy has given his best since he came home from the office. He has activated the Corellian flame miniatures. He has not only sung one lullaby, but two. He has opened the blindfolds to let the illuminated Coruscant night inside the bedroom. Now he is about to give Cassandra her favourite plush: a Vader doll that Uncle Alex made for her.

Page 2:

[​IMG]

Page 3:

Cassandra whispers a thanks and takes the mini-Vader from him, but still looks miserable.

"Do you want me to look for monsters in your wardrobe?" Daddy offers.

Before Cassandra can prevent him, he rushes forward, his white cape wallowing behind him like an Imperial flag.

"Perhaps a rancor hides in there," he muses.

"Daddy, there is no way that a rancor can fit in there," Cassandra protests.

Page 4:

[​IMG]

(To be continued!)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Kahara, Vek Talis, gizkaspice and 2 others like this.
  2. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Jay [face_dancing][face_party] I really liked your previous graphic novels; very happy to see a new one; that 2nd pic, aww. Looking forward to more.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Oh, this is absolutely adorable. Fluffy and sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] =D= Wonderful, Azure! Your writing talent is only matched by your painting skills! @};-

Kahara, DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Wonderful paintings and texts to enhance them

6. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Very nice and love the paintings. Lynda V.

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    That second one is definitely the most intricate painting that I have seen from you.

8. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I love the idea of daddy Krennic. [face_love] The part where he checks in the closet, is especially cute.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    This is quite pretty.
    A hard man, with a soft spot.

10. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    An illustrated fic?! How very cool! And with such talent, I wish this was a real book you can get at a store! Villains with kids--always an interesting combination IMO. Looking forward to more! :D

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: And I like to work hard for the man who hoovers our flat on this beautiful sunny morning. Thanks for letting my foot with the capsular rapture rest. [face_love]

@Nehru_Amidala: I hope that I can continue this way.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Blush, blush, blush. You saying this comes at the right time for I feel a little useless with my injury at present.

@earlybird-obi-wan: I learned from one of the best. [:D]

@Hopefulwriter: I hope you are okay with the upcoming update, too.

@Sith-I-5: I wonder what you will think about the next row of paintings that were inspired by a certain atlas.

@teamhansolo: Thanks for saying so!

@GregMcP: My parents were both at kindergarten age during WW2. To flee from the Russians traumatized both of them in different ways. This is why I am always trying to understand others and seek soft spots underneath a hard shell. This is even perhaps why I chose my profession as a kindergarten teacher.

@gizkaspice: Having met a lot of Disney approved SW artists the past 10 years at several cons, I would say that I am way below their amazing skills. But several of my art pieces have been published here in Germany.

Page 5:

There is the ghost of a smile on Daddy´s thin lips. "What do you know about one of the most dangerous predators of this galaxy?" he asks.

"They tend to have an average hight of five meters." Cassandra giggles. "Way too big for my wardrobe."

He nods to that. "Well spotted." For a while he considers his options. Then he says, "What else do you happen to know about that carnivorous raptomammal, little detective?"

Page 6:

[​IMG]

Page 7:

Cassandra shrieks with delight. Then she says much calmer, "Well, old legends say that they originate from the planet of Dathomir. The local Force witches, called Nightsisters, lived in symbiosis with their loyal mounts."

"All right." Daddy regards her with a blank face until another smile surfaces. "And what about more reliable channels like the data banks of the Coruscant main library?"

"The proper term of venery for rancors in Galactic Basic is a crash of rancors," she proudly replies.

He remains silent before he points out, "You have forgotten something very essential."

Cassandra is shocked. There is something she does not know?

"Something that the people tend to forget about those hideous beats."

Page 8:

[​IMG]

(To be continued!)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Kahara, Vek Talis, gizkaspice and 4 others like this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Cassie is well educated, knowing all about rancors

Kahara, ThisIsMe1138 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Hmm, I think this is a nice illustration to match the theme of the title and the allegory it is for Krennic (I think?).
    Great stuff.

14. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    We have a little rancor expert! Very cute entry :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @earlybird-obi-wan: Not everything, but actually a lot. Mister Krennic will tell us the most essential thingy next weekend. :D

@DarthUncle: There are more monsters to show up any time soon! But I will not spoil you yet! ;)

@gizkaspice: Thanks a million! [:D]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool recent entries! The Rancors and the entire Dathomiri culture are enough to captivate Cassie and the readers' imagination.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's a bit like Big Daddy teaching Hit Girl...

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: I still need to draw and colour a rancor with it´s two babies still, hugging. Very difficult that!

@GregMcP: Nice example. Really made me very smiley! Thanks!

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Page 9:

Daddy puts on his sabacc face. "I happen to know that rancors love bouncing around with their off-spring. Uphill, downhill. Doesn´t matter."

Now Cassandra begins to blush, feeling as light as a Chandrilan grass seed. "Are you glad that I don´t have a twin? For rancor babies sometimes come in sets of two."

"You are indeed a handful, but I would not like to share you with anyone else."

"Is this why Uncle Alex and you are at each other´s throat at times?"

He just winks at her, making a sound that reminds her very much of a hungry rancor seeing a juicy bone.

Page 10:

[​IMG]

20. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Ooh, nicely done. The painting is adorable, and the text a perfect match.

21. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Very well done. The pictures were especially evoking. =D=

That seemed like a natural end, but could there be more of this, someday?

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There will be more once I am better, but right now I suffer severely from the side effects from a mean infect that I got around the end of September. I am too sick to be online most of the time, but my husband did not go online for me for he was not well either.

23. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Feel better soon! :)

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Vek Talis: Well, now that my husband got the same infect, which will make our life a lot more complicated for a while and spooked out one of his dialysis nurses, I better do this update.

@DarthUncle, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, @Nehru_Amidala, @Kahara & @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha another page.

Page 11:

"Enough about Uncle Alex. He is a lost case anyway." Mischief glows in Daddy´s blue eyes. "Let us rather check out your profound knowledge on the Veermok race."

Cassandra grasps, but not with fright. "You want to talk about them?"

He nods.

"At this time of day?" She blinks in astonishment. "Why?"

"Night is always the best part of my day, because I can spend it with you under this roof. No boring conferences with army members, self-inflated scientists and other folk that..." He stops himself. "I simply love sitting here at the edge of our bed and talk to you. That is my treat of the day."

A rosy blush shows up on Cassandra´s cheeks, because Daddy is full of sweet stuff tonight. She longs to run her fingers through his hair, but that would not be right. Because he is still not in his civvies.

Page 12:

[​IMG]

(To be continued!)

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aww! Cassandra is definitely an uplift after a long, grueling day with scientific/political types. :p =D=

Kahara, Vek Talis and AzureAngel2 like this.