main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Monsters love their babies, too", graphic SW children book (Krennic & OC child)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Sweet.

"Daddy's busy blowing up planets, dear, but never too busy to tuck you in at night." Sorry, just couldn't resist. :p

I sure hope you guys feel better soon.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    But that´s what Orson exactly is, @Vek Talis. A father and a villain. Plus a very busy scientist, architect and manipulator. Ask Galen Erso about it!

Being been a great fan of the "Once upon a time" series (well, @DarthUncle is not really into it, but then again I also don´t go cheerful about motor sports unless I am taken to an e-car race at Berlin-Templehof that is) this did put me in the right spirit writing Orson the way I did.

Plus my crush on Ben Mendelsohn. (Sorry, dear husband. :*)

Kahara and Vek Talis like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Page 13:

Cassandra lifts her Vader plush, smiling wickedly. "Are we talking about the Naboo veermok or its much smaller and inferior cousin from Eriadu?"

Daddy laughs. "I am not talking about Tarkin´s family here."

"Well then, the Naboo vermook is a large primate native to the swamps and woodlands. A single specimen has the strength of ten humans. They are solitary creatures, unless they are busy mating."

"Sounds like me."

"You have more than three fingers and are less hairy, Daddy."

"Are you sure that is all you know about the veermok?"

"Why?"

He lowers his voice to a whisper. "I happen to have an information for you that is almost top-secret. Almost."

Page 14:

[​IMG]

(To be continued, @DarthUncle, @Kahara, @earlybird-obi-wan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @Vek Talis, @Nehru_Amidala, @GregMcP, @gizkaspice, @Sith-I-5, @teamhansolo, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 & @Hopefulwriter !)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  4. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    "I am not talking about Tarkin´s family here."

That just about made me fall out of the chair laughing!! Wonderful. =D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun and a nice picture

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Cassandra knows quite a bit about vermook =D= And yes, Orson definitely doesn't look anything like. [face_rofl]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Vek Talis: I hope to make you laugh more during the next pages.

@earlybird-obi-wan: Still need to draw the next illustration.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Orson may not look like a vermook. But he certainly can have a bad hair day like any SW monster. ;)

8. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I am way behind in this story, but it is still so charming and Cassandra is so cute and witty :D

9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Yep, here too. I wasn't certain I really liked the Tarkin book even though it contained a lot of interesting new canon, but I know I really like what you did with this @AzureAngel2 Great, and cute, painting.

10. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Edit: to add to my last post; yeah, I can imagine a monster like Krennic enjoying some time with his little girl, his own Nagina that he stole from the Empire, and managed to raise while stepping over his own shadow. Not a powerful project to show his might, but someone he actually loves and who he can be proud of putting in his best efforts to raise her well. And who returns his affection too.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    gizkaspice likes this.
  12. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Strange, @Kurisan. The paintings show on my computer screen. And they also appear when @DarthUncle looks in.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh dear, this thread also has been dormant since December 2018. I guess I was too busy with work and too nervous about the upcoming kidney transplant of my dear husband, @DarthUncle.

Luckily, I have cleaned my desk and the area around it. So I also sorted through my art materials. Therefore I might even be able to nicely round this fan fic up before the May weekend even. I am neither going to the Harz Mountains for Walpurgis/ Beltane due to the Corvid-19 crisis nor to my mom.

Besides there is a country wide alert in Germany for possible forest fires. From the average of 5 trees there are 4 sick trees. The situation looks very bleak. The climate change is there. But a slow and secret process, but to be witnessed in the Nationalpark Harz Mountains that I love so dearly.

So, to continue this story will cheer me up. And possible readers, too, who believe this thread to be dead and forgotten.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Page 15:

There is a crackling tension, but all of a sudden Cassandra breaks it by laughing loud and heartily. “Let me guess, veermooks love their off-spring, too. They just can’t help it.”

Daddy rises an eye brow. “How come you possess such classified data?” he inquires. “This is outrageous! Are you, by any chance, a spy?”

Before she can provide him with a suitable answer, he tickles her thoroughly. There is no mercy.

“Please!” Cassandra manages to wheeze after a while.

“You may live!” Daddy grins.

Full of love they gaze at one another.

Page 16:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Kahara, gizkaspice and DarthUncle like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
  18. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, a good start is to re-add the art, and add a new page which has been dormant offline for a long time!
    Glad to see it start up again, Threepio telling stories is great, but the special Krennic chemistry is something else :)

Kahara, gizkaspice and AzureAngel2 like this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Best SW day ever, @DarthUncle, because you spoiled me senseless with your feedback towards several fanfics of mine.

Due to my (birth) family, not yours (the one I have married into) I have this strong urge for feedback. Which is even greater since I am working with a young college who keeps ignoring me and tries to get me out of my job position. (A drama that already goes on since a year.)

Thanks for making me feel wanted, important & skilled as a storyteller. @};-

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle, @Kahara, @Darth_Furio, @Kurisan, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @gizkaspice, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, @earlybird-obi-wan & @Nehru_Amidala, this story continuous:

Page 17:

When Daddy finally puts Cassandra down on the bed again, her happy smile vanishes. "I have to be honest with you," she says.

"Oh?!?"

She starts fumbling around with the ribbon of her green night dress. "Since we are back here on Coruscant, I... I have those dreams."

"Really?" He sits down next to her, getting hold of one of her knees. "What about?"

Her voice gets very hushed and trembly. "There is this very old man. His face looks like one of gramp´s wax candles. After he used them for quite a while. His eyes are yellow and his mouth is like a black hole."

"Like the ones out in space?"

She nods eagerly. "He tries to suck in the light. All light in the galaxy. Every ounce of happiness."

Page 18:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =d= Oh that is one scary dream, and definitely a very true description of a Sithy sucking up all the light :eek:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Kahara, Nehru_Amidala and AzureAngel2 like this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    The all encompassing Darth Sidious! I’d have nightmares about that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Amazing art Azure. We all try to keep our kids dreams in check so they don't become nightmares.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Nehru_Amidala: Re-watching "The Rise of Skywalker" gave me some ideas. And reading the book finally, as an e-book version, might result that I round up this story soon.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Sith do that. And those creatures from the Harry Potter stories. The Dementors. But I fear you cannot fight old Palpatine with chocolate.

@Darth_Furio: Even a kindergarten teacher during sleep watch at the creché. ;)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Page 19:

For a moment, Daddy seems to explode. His hair seems to have lost all its lovely brown colour. And he looks old and grim.

"What if I would find a way to protect you? Not only from old, creepy man. From any possible danger?"

Cassandra suggests, "What about a hug first?"

Mollified, he grants her his wish, but she can tell that he cannot stop making plans for her well-being. She hopes that this has nothing to do with the blue prints that he is working on tirelessly. Or with that lazy and half loony man, Galen Erso.

Page 20:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020