main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Monthly Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Rob, if this winds up being a duo. We'll meet in Allentown. Let me know what you want to do by Thursday.

2. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner. School's been crazy this week, and someone very close to my family passed away over the weekend.

Unfortunately, I cannot meet this Saturday, as I'm singing a concert on Saturday night. Sorry. :( I was really hoping it would have worked out.

There's always next time, I suppose...

~Marcelle

3. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    No worries. I live in those 'crazy weeks' 8-} I'm not sure I know what a normal one looks like.. [face_thinking]

I would still like to get everyone together at least online, at one time, a few times anyway, just to talk, get to know each other, as well as determine the direction of the Group, meeting places, distances from each other, etc... Instead of planning out Live Meets at the moment, lets get a couple Online Meets under our belts, and then go from there.

How about:

Friday, October 9th, 11:00 PM
    Online Chat via AIM

Be there or be square.. :-B

Rob

4. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Also, if there are any other potential members out there lurking around the Boards, this will be a great chance to get to know us and decided if this is something you would like to do. [face_dancing]

5. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    At this point my interest is pretty much limited to live meetings. Whether it's going down to Philly for one of the lightsaber groups(which I plan on doing in the next couple weeks, so let me know if you want to come along), or a movie, or even just getting a cup of coffee, but we can't even seem to get that level of commitment. So for me, my interest at this point is live meetings.
    After all, you're only talking once a month.

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    I'm totally game for a live meet. I think it will really help to build some more enthusiasm with our group. My only trouble is finding a say that I don't have something going on. *sigh*

This Saturday I'm going to help a family from our church who just lost their mother (the family has 8 kids, ages 6-21). Then next week my little sister has her first piano recital, so I can't miss that, and then I've got yet another concert. The first weekend in November, I travelling to Fla. for a concert as well.

So really it's not that I don't want to commit, it's just that I'm so busy this semester that I can't. I promise if any of my weekends free up, I'll let y'all know.

~Celeste

7. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not angry, and I'm not pointing an accusing finger in anyone's direction. If I came off like that. I apologize. It was a poor choice of words. What I should have said was "level of activity".
    As I said in a previous post, we all have lives, and jobs, and school.
    I was just hoping we could find an activity, some activity, ANY activity to do......lol

8. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Have you considered planning a meeting in advance and advertising it? I know it's tough with personal schedules, but even if a few people can attend, it's a step forward. Many local papers in my area let you announce meetings for free and there is always free web announcements through television stations & cable access, comic shops are a good source of fans, and you can post for free on Craigslist.

I'm sure once word gets out in your area, more fans will come. Sometimes people just need to be informed and you'll get their interest.

Go bowling together and ask the facilities to announce a high score to the "Star Wars Roll Off" or something like that. You never know who may be listening.

I can tell people really want to get together and have the drive and ambition to make it happen.

9. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I'm going to Philly, Friday the 16th. If anyone is interested in going with me, following me , or just meeting me there. Let me know. You don't need any money. I'll bring the practice "lightsabers" . Just let me know if you're interested. Jaina, I spoke with Brenna, and she said next week would be better, they have a con this weekend. Do you think you can make next weeks class ? If anyone wants to keep updated with-out having to wait for info from me. Google, PAJedi or Philly Jedi.

10. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'll jump on tonight in case anyone wants to jump on and chat. [face_dancing]

Unfortunately, Fridays is not good for me right now. At the moment I have too much stuff going on to meet on a day during the week. [face_frustrated] But, that doesn't mean you guys shouldn't meet up without me.

With regards to live meets, here are my 2 cents.. [face_thinking]

My thoughts are this.. I understand its hard meeting up. We all live pretty spread out and have hectic lives. But, if we really want to get this Group going and make something of it, even if it is just having a group where friends get together just to hang out, we need to compromise at times, myself included [face_thinking]

So, what I will try to do is jump online at least twice a month to get a chat going. From there & in conjunction, we should be trying to meet up in person. If you can, do. If not, try to make the next one. We should try to meet up in person at least every other month, but if something comes up where you want to invite people, like Stacy mentioned, put it up.. If you can, do, if not.., lets not get upset, worried, etc, etc, etc.. The most important thing at this time is the interest.. Working out when to meet & how, will happen, if the interest stays.. :cool:

Eventually, I would like us to meet up at cons and such.. I know the next Celebration is supposed to be on the East Coast.. I plan on going [face_dancing]

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    "Hello.." (listens to echo...) [face_worried]

If anyone is on.. I am here.. Will stay on for about a half before I call it a night..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.