main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Monthly Podcast

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Narf, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldLeader74

GoldLeader74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Was it me or did everybody other then Eric and Auston sound far away?

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yep it was kinda hard to hear most everybody , a laptop mic is only so big.

3. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    March Podcast is up.

4. casey_the_hutt

casey_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Sounds like someone needs to put their iPhone on Airplane Mode ;)

5. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Aye. I didn't think that the recorder would pick up my iPhone from where it was sitting, but lesson learned now. By far, though, I prefer using that little recorder. The microphone in it seems to be better at picking up sounds than either mic that I was using before. It just so happens to also be "better" at picking up cell phone interference. :)

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Tim
    Just in case you dint listen to the podcast, There is a lot of distortion through out.

7. casey_the_hutt

casey_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Yeah, I don't know if the iPhone typically sends out some kind of super signal or what, but my speakers at work can pick up that infamous sound from like 6 feet away. It's crazy!

8. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    I hadn't actually listened to it (all the way through) yet, but I'll definitely keep that it mind for next time. For myself, I can either switch my iPhone to airplane mode or I can try setting the recorder more towards the middle of the table.

T.

9. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Really? It sounded like the overall quality was quite a bit lower with that recorder than it has been in the past. Granted, there was a lot of interference in this podcast, but this recorder seems to take in an awful lot of ambiance.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Agreed.

11. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Well, what I meant really was that I had a microphone that was finally picking up the people who talk pretty softly and are really hard to pick up normally. That's always been my quandary: if I keep the microphone set so that the soft talkers get picked up, then I pick up a lot more ambiance and the people who talk at good volume sound loud, but if I set the microphone at a level that doesn't pick up ambiance we risk missing out on the soft talkers. And then of course, there are those of you out there (*cough*Cole*cough*) who will start talking at a volume that's just fine and then fade away to being too soft. :) But there have been several times in the past where when I was listening to the podcast to edit it, I had to crank the sound all the way up (with headphones on) to hear some of the people. I would love to set microphones in front of everybody (that's how the "professional" podcasters do it), but we simply have far too many people and it would be way too expensive.

Anywho, the mic was set to its highest sensitivity, so next time I'll try it on the lower setting. That should help with some of the ambiance problems.

12. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Podcast is now up. Opinions on quality are welcome. :)

T.

13. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    AQ was better then last month. Althought I thought the recorder needed to be in the middle of the tableto pick up Jeff and Joe a little better since they were on the far end. Also I need to remember to d=sit closer to the recorder since I do most of the talking. I was thinking that RC and i would make a great podcasting team to do the meeting's, maybee next month I will give him some of my notes to split the reading. RC..?

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I have asked RC to join me an a experiment . Starting in May , RC will be my co-host during the podcast.
    Wish us luck!

15. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Actually, if you remember I stopped using the recorder just a little ways in, so the recording that you are listening to was made using my laptop's internal mic, which unfortunately is harder to position (it's not omni-directional). In order to have it pointed at everybody I have to keep it in one corner, which of course makes it harder for the people farther away. Next time I'll bring my external mic and we'll see if that's better.

T.

16. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    May podcast is up, now with music!

LMK any opinions or thoughts,

Thanks,

T.

17. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Terrific job Tim. The music at the front and end sounded so professional. And the sound qlty over all sound fantastic.

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    June meeting is up.

19. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    July meeting is now up, with new opening/closing music and introduction/thank you.

LMK any thoughts.

20. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Freaking fantastic Tim!
    Where is that them from?
    Sara , you did a great job with the intro and ending. Thank you!

21. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    I'm not sure where it's from originally, but I took it from the music you forwarded to me a while back.

22. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

LITO-JEN_VELASHUU Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Nice job on the podcast all; had a good time listening to it, as always! Nice ending music...can't say I cared for the opening (something about electric guitars playing John Williams music just rubs me the wrong way). And good voiceover work, Sara!

Until next time...

23. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Episode III Commentary is now up.

24. urreckless

urreckless Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2008
    Casey is really hard to hear..guess he should've sat closer to the mic...

25. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    He was speaking from a chair far, far away... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.