main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal MONTREAL COMIC CON 2012

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth-Dogfish-Head, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Hi, I am thinking of making the trip to Montreal Comic Con from Boston, Mass this year. Anyone here planning on attending? I visit Montreal every year, but would appreciate any tips people could offer. Hope to meet some of you there.

2. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Hi DDH, I will be there all weekend working at the 501st Legion booth. I don't really have tips to offer except buy your ticket and reserve your hotel room as early as possible if you need one. Hope you have fun at the con!

Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  3. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Thank you for the tip, I really appreciate it! Hope to see you there!

4. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah get your tickets soon, don't wait day off, Cheap Hotel next to Palais des Congrès is the Holiday Inn Select in Chinatown, it's close and the cheapest, after that you have your choice of the Westin, the Intercontinental.... but seeing as they're all downtown they become expensive.

If you don't mind riding the metro (subway) you can get a room at Hotel Espresso, 1005 Guy (corner René-Lévesque) it's a bit further down, but an easy Subway ride. (Lucien-Lallier on the Orange line, same as Palais des Congrès, is just 5 minutes away).

I hope this helps, looking forward to see you at the show, come by the main stage some time, I'm the Head Stage Manager of the show, come say Hi!

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Hey Uilmuteiz, thank you for the information! This is a big help, I hope to make it there. I missed the deadline for the press pass by 3 hours, I forget to apply before I left for Celebration.