main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga More Rummaging Through Tool Kits~ Ahsana Horn (OC), 2010 Dear Diary Challenge Updated 21/04/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Title: More Rummaging Through Tool Kits
    Character: Ahsana Horn (OC)
    Genre: Humour/General
    Timeframe: ANH AU (follows from where Rummaging through Tool Kits left off)
    Summary: Ahsana's second year of service in the Rebellion is marked by her seventeenth birthday, more Jedi training, mechanic's duties, and as always, a good old fashioned prank war.

Disclaimer: I own nothing here.

Author's Note: For those of you not familiar with this character or AU, the following reading is suggested: Rummaging Through Tool Kits and I, Exile. Either one or the other, or even both will give you sufficient background to understand what is going on.

Entry # 1

I need to figure out a truly spectacular way to get back at Janson for his little prank. I can't really let that one go without letting him know that there will always be consequences for that sort of thing. And as I can't really kill him either, that means the only option that I have left to go with is pranking him back for this and other related stunts.

But if I really think about it, where does that leave me in the end? He pranks me, I get annoyed and prank him back with the hopes that he will stop it and let me get back to more important things. Like my work, which keeps him and his buddies flying. Then he gets it into his mind to prank me back and the cycle repeats itself until someone goes on missions for awhile. Then, it starts all over again. I mean, really, where does it end?

Thinking and musing while dealing with stubborn hyperdrives,

Ahsana, signing off.

[hr]

I figure I'll start the PM list over again, so if you read the last one and want to keep up with this one, just let me know. I'll make sure that you're on the list for next time.

2. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Hmm....any takers?

3. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Apologies. Will attempt to update tonight.

4. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Well, here we are with the much delayed second entry. And hopefully this will get anyone reading this laughing. Maybe.

PM list
    CommanderK23 (as requested from the reply to last post of Rummaging through Tool Kits)

Entry # 2

Well, it's been a busy few weeks. So much to do, so little time to do it in. But I can definitely tell you about the high points of the past little bit. One, finally got back Janson. Two, have a new side project that should keep me entertained for awhile.

On the get back at Janson front, I found a relatively creative way to hopefully end this stupid prank war once and for all. I gave him a little gift. I call it 'Fluffy', and it an oddly deceptive little pet. It looks harmless, but apparently, it's got a thing for snoring or making noises that would wake the dead. See how he likes that after what he did to me last time- no, still don't want to talk about that one or remember it. Think 'Fluffy' is up to the challenge?

As to the side project, I salvaged a droid from one of Hobbie's crashed fighters. Fighter was a total loss except for the few bits that we can turn into spare parts and the droid was nearly declared surplus to needs too. It was that badly messed up but I managed to scrape together a bit of credits to buy what was left over. Sparking motivator and all. I'm going to rebuild it- for what purpose, I haven't really made up my mind yet. We'll just have to see I guess.

Saying goodbye to 'Fluffy' and hello to 'Sparky',

Ahsana, signing off.

[hr]

5. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Yeah! It's continuing [face_dancing]

Loved the starting posts, MiralukaJedi =D=

Sorry for the delay in responding, DRL has been crazy lately [face_beatup] ;)

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Not a problem. Completely sympathetic to the feeling as having that problem myself. But thanks for reading as always!

Anyways, onward and upward!

PM list
    CommanderK23

Entry # 3

Janson is taken with his new pet. Fluffy did not annoy him as hoped for in the prank. Damn...and I put such long thought into that one!

On another note, have managed to get Sparky's damaged motivator to stop sparking and shocking me. Which means no more energy absorption when I'm working on him and having random things fly across the work room. That's always a good thing. Now to plan all the modification that I'm going to do on the droid.

Thinking, planning, and not getting shocked,

Ahsana, signing off.

[hr]

7. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Lol. Ok you have my intrest. I'll be happy to be on your Pm list!

8. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    [face_laugh] Not getting shocked is a good thing! Or having things randomly fly around the room! [face_laugh]

Loved the update, Miraluka =D=

9. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Okay, you've got it. Hope you continue to like what you see.

10. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Most definitely. Especially when you absorp energy- or so I gather. But thanks and here's more.

PM list
    CommanderK23
    Raphire

Entry # 4

Janson's back at it. Except not so creative this time. I find myself strangely disappointed this time. I usually expect more of him from this I guess. Funny how time and boredom, as well as routine tend to co-mingle in a war, isn't it?

As to the construction of Sparky, have managed to reconstruct the motivator but have found that the droid's personality core and data core are completely shot. Will need to see if I can find something around the spare parts or if I can improvise something on the fly. Could definitely make things interesting once I get to the point where I reinitialise it. Why am I not having visions of somehow ending up with a possibly gender-confused droid?

Tinkering and perplexed,

Ahsana signing off.
    [hr]

11. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Lol. I can't wait to see the finished Sparky. He/she should be fun! Also I think Ahsana is crushing.

12. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Yes, Sparky is definitely going to be unique. We'll just have to see whether 'Sana is able to make it through it or not. As to that, never thought of it that way...I've written with this OC in I, Exile and believe, it's not Janson she ends up with. But, maybe there's something there I never noticed before...it is possible. Now, more Sparky!

PM list
    Raphire
    CommanderK23

Entry # 5

Well, it's official. After weeks of neglecting this datapad in order to try to correct a faulty droid personalty unit, with no success, I officially have ended up with a gender confused astromech. I had originally planned on returning Sparky to Hobbie (he wrecked it in the first place when he crashed his fighter a few months back) but that kind of hit the shavit once he figured out that his old droid was now more than a little confused. Confused and with a bunch of modifications that, while way above spec and in my opinion, better, are really more useful to a mechanic's assistant droid than a pilot's astromech. But wouldn't that be helpful to someone alsways craching their fighter anyhow?

But it looks like I have a new assistant. One that I built myself from a formerly scrapped heap, programmed, and tried to gift to someone else. Given back to me and now I'm stuck with it. Have had another thought though about the possible effects of the confused programming could result in a massive systems conflict or failure or maybe even in Sparky well, blowing more than a gasget. Not good options, any of them.

Pondering more thoughts,

Ahsana, signing off.

[hr]

13. CommanderK23

May 4, 2004
    Hm, a gender confused droid? Wow, I can see where there might be a few problems! LoL

Great post, Miraluka!

Sorry or the lack of replies on my part, DRL is a rather villainous taskmaster at times.

14. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Intrresting. A gender confused droid that could be fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.