main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN More Toy Finds.... Again

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by GMSepiroth, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mynocknotyours

mynocknotyours Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    All 3 new 12" at Kmart Nolensville Rd. today. Dooku is sweet...Zam needs to eat a cookie or something.
    Hey look at that, 100 posts for this thread. I say Michael should give me a Toy Fair Vader or something. Toys Rule!!!

2. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I got my 1st 3 Star Tours figs today. DL-X2 is still on backorder. They were in good shape concidering Toymaster's horror story. The box was about a 1/4 inch too short but big enough to lean the figs. But still 1 was bowed a little and one was bowed alot. But not creased so hopefully some time in a star case will fix that. Interestingly I was charged the same $10+ as Michael but my figs arrived via UPS not priority.

3. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Toy Fair Vader? Right...How about a Dash Rendar? ;)

Anyhoo, just when you though the 12" line couldn't get any worse...

[image=http://209.197.117.27/databases/news/starwars/31/502.jpg]

Click on the image to see it correctly. She looks like a freakin' bobble head!!!

UPDATE 9/18/02: I don't know why this image is not showing up. You can check it out at http://209.197.117.27/databases/news/starwars/31/502.jpg if it doesn't show up here.

4. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Qui-Gonn_Jeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    ...Or the Eye-Patch Chewbacca with the high-top fade.
    Anywho, the Zam Wessel 12" figure...yeah, right. What kind of dope were the guys at Hasbro smokin' when they approved this for mass production? I guess the same stuff they were smokin' when they released the 12" TRU Mace Windu.
    On the upswing though, the Count Dooku 12" figure is impressive...most impressive. Finally a figure that can hold his light saber. I hope they continue to use the G.I. Joe style hands and joints for future figures.

5. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Mar 15, 2002
    Watson Glenn K-Mart in Franklin had 1 Arena playset. From what I can tell on the box, a pretty descent toy for $39.99 + tax. Figures not included, so you don't have to get it if your a completist on the figures. Personally, I don't do the playsets because of limited space. The shelf was also labeled for the Republic Gunship but no sign of it.
    K-Mart did have the best deal on 12"ers though. A surpising $19.99 compared to everywhere else being $21.99 to $24.99. And they all of the first wave in descent boxes.
    Also, someone has made a major collection dump at the Great Escape-Broadway location. POTF Millenium Falcon, KB exclusive X-Wing, SotE Slave One (w/a vintage Boba Fett in the cockpit), a few expanded universe mini ships w/ figures in the cockpits, an A-Wing w/figure, a Darth Vader Tie fighter and the T-16 Skyhopper. Note that ALL were or had been opened. All but the mini ships and Vader Tie were put back into their boxes and resealed. )I snuck a peek at the Slave One)
    The Great Escape had a really good price for each ship, if you don't mind pre-owned/opened.

6. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Michael, any luck finding Padme Pilot? And have you asked the Hasbro Rep about when the R2 TRU give-away promo is happening? I'm holding off getting a few things until that happens, as I hear you are able to get the figure only if you purchase Star Wars merchandise. I wonder how many people are gonna buy stuff and then return it several times in order to get multiples...although I hear that there should be plenty to go around. Funny, I remember hearing the same thing about a certain Celebration II figure...

7. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I remember reading that you had to buy $50 worth of goods at TRU to get the silver R2. It is supposed to be available for the holidays. Right now, if you look on ebay, you'll see them being auctioned in Belgium, Australia, France etc..., but I have yet to see any being auctioned in the states yet. When TRU gets their shipments in, I'm sure there will be quite a few TRU employees scalping them. TRU will probably not even fire them, because it's the holiday season and they are usually short-handed anyway. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't a lot of these on the secondary market immediately before their "scheduled" release date.

Please keep us posted on what you hear about them. Even though I'm not collecting anymore, I sure wouldn't mind making falling off the wagon for this one.

8. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    There was a post on yakface.com last week that said you would have to spend only $20 on Hasbro items to get Silver R2.

Sounds kinda low to me. That makes me think that R2 is a "sacrifical lamb" to all those who could not get the (truly) ultra rare Silver Vader. The product run has got to be big. There are shipping to a thousand different stores across the country. Unlike a one-time vendor in Indy (And lets be fair about C2. It was suposed to be only for those there. And there would have been enough for those there IF everyone would have walked away with 2... instead of 2 cases).

9. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I read that it would be $20 also, and I think these are hitting sometime in November. They will probably run an ad promoting it in the Sunday paper, which means it wouldn't be a bad idea to get there when the doors open on Sunday. Don't know how easily it will be for the employees to get these figures though. When I was working for TRU, even the free stuff had to be scanned in for inventory purposes. I'm wondering if you have to buy $20 worth of Hasbro stuff or will anything work. I'm thinkin' this would be a good time to pick up that new Game Cube game if it's out then.

No sign of the Padme pilot yet. The latest 2 figures I found were the Sith training Maul and the Tatooine Attack Anakin. The new Tusken Raider and clean-shaven Endor Soldier are also supposed to be out, but no sign of them either. I think a lot of stores have so much stuff on the shelves right now that they don't have room for any new stuff. Might be time for a sale...

10. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Toymaster. I haven't found any new basic figures since I got Teemto and Ki Adi Mundi in July...and that was the first and last time I saw those! Obviously since many stores have scaled back the SW display areas, newer stuff is gonna sit in stockrooms a little longer.

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    BTW, have you guys heard if that Padme Unleashed has been discontinued & recalled. I've heard unconfirmed rumors that it had by Hasbro due to complaints that it was too sexy for STAR WARs.

12. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    The $20 will have to be Hasbro items but at least that doesnt mean SW items. Myself I will be buying openers and that 15" R2-D2.

As for new figs. Around here, I know that all the WalMarts in my range have whole slates of old stock. I am up to knees in Jangos and Maces. Plus the christmas displays are up and SW has even displays with LOTR and Harry Potter. Both have new moives this fall. It doesnt look good for us SW collectors.

Scott- Dont believe the "scalper hype". Padme likely will be resculpted but the product that is out, is out. It will be the same thing they did with the "commando" Amidala and Stephanie McMan.

13. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Mar 15, 2002
    I received my KB Toys exclusive Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi-Wan Kenobi pilot. This item is SWEET. Love the multi-window display style box. It was shipped safe and sound. Completely new sculp of Obi-Wan; starfighter is the same.

14. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    All 3 12" spotted at CS WM this morning, and I'm happy to say these boxes are in great shape(for now). Nothing else new.
    They did have a few Acklays though. I checked the box and it is the corrected version. Checked mine last night and I have the missing claw version!! Pretty cool as far as variations go, at least IMO.

15. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Mar 15, 2002
    I've only seen one of the Amidala Unleashed figures (must have been cold in the arena) and she didn't stay on the shelf long. I've also heard the recall rumor. I can't buy into it though, heck, you can still find the "commando" Stephenie McMahon figure on clearence at KB Toys. I think someone starts those rumors to get merchandise to move quicker. It's the reason Hasbro makes variants on the regular figures. Just ask Toymaster how Saga variants will break a piggy bank.

16. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    While running some errands I saw the Electronic Jango & Obi Wan this morning at Kmart off of HWY 96 in Franklin (one exit south of Cool Springs Blvd.) They look pretty cool. Jango has sound effects, dialogue & exhaust flames from his jet pack light up. Obi Wan has dialogue & battle sound effects. Both figures when moved really fast side to side make combat sound effects. Both were 29.99 plus tax. They had about 4 Jangos & 2 Obi Wans. They also had two packs of figures, which are nothing more than the normal carded figures sealed in an outer plastic case. There was Anakin Hanger Duel w/ Anakin Tatooine & Jango Kamino escape w/ Obi Wan Coruscant. I still occasionally go over and check out the STAR WARS stuff, but I'm not collecting anymore, so they are all yours! I'll let y'all know when I see anything else. Happy hunting.

P.S. I also saw the C-3PO Masterpiece Edition on the sale books isle right across from the counter at Barnes & Noble in Cool Springs. I didn't look to see what the price is, but if it's on the sale shelf, it's probably pretty inexpensive. :)

17. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Scott thanks for continuing to post your finds! I've cut way back on what I get now but like you, I can't resist looking anyway. I've decided that I will return a bunch of my extra figs for the Gunship when I find it. I have a rediculous amount of Saga figs, I have as many as 5 each of some characters! What was I thinking. But now they will come in handy, I suppose. I'll probably do the same for the Arena. The only other thing I just gotta have is the interactive R2. After all, somebody's gotta bring me my soda while I'm watching Ep II on DVD!!! ;)

18. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I just left the Gallatin Walmart and they had a republic gunship!i knew you guys were looking for it so i wanted to let you know.It was in a cart of stuff they were putting out.I didnt see but 1 so they may be scarce for awhile.hope this helps someone.

skip

19. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Mar 15, 2002
    The new voice command R2-D2 arrives October 1! Confirmed this with TRU Hickory Hollow this weekend. Also, the TRU exclusive silver R2-D2 on black card will be a give-away with $20.00 worth of Hasbro Star Wars merchandise. According to TRU manager (strictly speculated by this manager), this figure will be available the day after Thanksgiving. Again, strictly the manager's speculation.
    Also, anytime your at K-Mart buying Star Wars - PRICE MATCH - at the checkout, you will save bundles. Standard Saga figures will now price match as low as $1.99.

20. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I saw a big R2 at target the other day, it was 99.99... is that the one you are talking about? Not a lego..

21. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes, that's the one...which Target? Just curious, as I won't get this until TRU has it, so I can get the free R2.

22. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Mar 15, 2002
    Anyone looking for a 12" Count Dooku should check the Charlotte Pike Wal-Mart. I spotted FIVE, yes, count 'em, 5 Count Dooku 12"ers at that store this morning at 6:00 am at a cost of $19.84 each, all in good boxes. Of the 12"ers to date, I'm most impressed with this one.
    Also, a great selection of all regular figure assortments and PLENTY of the Wal-Mart exclusive cantina figures.
    I'm still lookin' for the deluxe Yoda.

23. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    The Gunship has landed! Picked up the one and only Republic Gunship tonight at Wal Mart Cool Springs. Other than some Cantina sets, nothing else new. I've been carrying around 2 bags of extra figs to turn in for credit so I could get this thing without shelling out $40! Patience has paid off, finally. :D

24. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    It was at the Target on Lebanon road out this way, twords Hermitige....cool, but I do not have the $$$ to spare! The box is one that allows you to see inside, with a flap like the Jango had. I still wish i had gotton a Jango!

25. neoalderaan

neoalderaan Jedi Master

May 9, 2002
    Spotted the Gunship at Walmart Nolensville yesterday they had three in stock. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.