main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN More Toy Finds.... Again

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by GMSepiroth, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjks

jjks Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2004
    Found one set of the new cups at the Antioch Target at lunch. Cups wouldn't ring up when I scanned out, so after they spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out the price, I ended up getting them for $4.79 each! Way better than the $12.99 retail they're supposed to be going for.

Still no sign of the Tarkin wave anywhere for me, and I just read on another forum that 48-50 are already showing up at California Wal-Marts. Feel like I'm falling behind!

2. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Saw the New deluxe wave (Clone 3 pack, crab droid, Cannon droid and the Jedi Chick on the Speeder that has about 2 seconds srceen time before she is blasted) They also had the Tarkin wave with no Tarkins only the two alien Senators) This was in the Clarksville Walmart.

3. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Jedi Chick! I have an action figure! I must have it!

4. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Thats Jedi Chick...not Jedi Chic;)

5. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    mere mispelling on the part of Hasbro...

6. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Maybe its not such a great thing to have your own figure, Shannon. Just think, right now somewhere out there Rick Maranis is doing naughty things with you and a Dark Helmet figure.

7. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    I'm working on a 12" (figure) of me.

8. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I completed my set of 31 Burger King toys yesterday, paying $1.19 for each of the last 5 at the Burger King near the Charlotte exit downtown. Total amount spent at Burger King is around $60, which also includes a lot of food, not to mention the free food I won in the "Choose Your Destiny" game. I also have extras of Vader and the Jawa (whose eyes light up when you squeeze it).

9. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    The manager at the exit 4 BK just gave me the last set of toys...he said "Here take them, I'm so sick of these things..the faster they are gone the better." And last week another manager refused to sell them to me unless I paid for Happy meals. Go figure

10. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Apparently the Target action figure cases have been retooled--WBR has a ton of 'em. They also had 5 packs of the Clone Trooper army builders, only this time the one on the left has red markings.

11. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    I know this report wont help but I have to share cause I am excited about my new finds. Plus it was kinda funny.

I was finnaly rewarded for frequenting my WM night after night when tonight I walked up to a slate full of Collection 2 Wave 4. That is the Tarkin wave. I craked it open and started to stock the figs in the case I wasnt going to take when a guy started asking my where stuff was in the store. I directed him to where he needed and I thought this is just like C3 all over again. Just then the section manager walled up to me and said "can I help YOU" So I told him I was gonna take what was left in the case and wanted the box too. But he got me a cart and asked me to put break down the box. I guess so I couldnt hide anything in the box. Whatever. As I walked away I notice on another slate of boxes with more cases. This time Collection 1 Wave 5. That is the Anakin on Mustafar wave. Well I took a lap around the store then made my way back to crack open a case. I was able to get what I wanted but was run off again by the same guy. So now I am a "marked man". Good thing Anakin was the last one I wanted. I will probably get a Turbo tank driver too but I wont be worried about him like Anakin.

12. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Not really noteworty, but Target wouldn't sell the re-tooled cases. They were still in the system as recalls. Since they didn't have new glasses in the system either, we can hope that gets corrected and they will actually sell them to people soon.

I picked up the Anakin Mustafar at AdCon for $10 from a 501st member (or at least someone in the Con suite). I might just have to open this one.

13. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Made a trip to Nashville to take care of some things and I looked around for some junk. Not much of anything at most all locations...But I did find the newest wave with tons of Commander Baccara, Mufastar Anakin and R2-D2 with sound effects..they must of had 20-30 of each..this was at the Gallatin WalMart.

14. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Hickory Hollow Target had 2 Mustafar playsets today...

15. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    CS Toys R Us should also have had 2 Mustafar playsets yesterday. I was there just before closing Tuesday and they had a box to put out. It said do not open before May 5, so you would think more would be out. I finally saw the AT-TE Gunner there as well.

16. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Hasbro.com has put up pics of the new Battle Pack. It is called "Jedi vs Sith" and has a Yoda, OB1 in armor, Anakin, Asajj Ventress, and a Greivious. So there are NO Sith in the Jedi vs Sith.

Jedi vs Sith

I really hope they release these on single cards. I would hate to have to buy the set just to get an OB1 in armor.

17. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Especially since Obi-Wan changed his robes when he put on the armor.

So who is in the upcoming Jedi vs. Separatists battle pack? Mace, Durge, Dooku (an actual Sith)? You can order the Evolution figures (padawan Anakin, jedi knight Anakin, and ROTJ Vader with Removeable helmet) and clone/stromtroopers at toysrus.com/amazon.com

18. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    For those of you who ordered the 500th Vader from ShopStarWars.Com expect a package soon. I did and my card has finally been charged for it.

19. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Wookiee and Clone trooper Force Battlers have appeared at my Wal-Mart today

20. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    The WBr Target had more of the Clone Trooper 3-packs yesterday. This time they are all white. I found one last week at Wal-Mart, too. There are supposedly three other variations: all colored, one with one blue, one with one green. There were two left. While these are the same body mold as the previous Clone Wars release, they do have different helmets and the colored troopers have different patterns of color.

They also had several of the new Grievous Energy Beam blaster that shoots silly string. They also had several refills. The one I got had cans with Yoda and a Clone Trooper on them. There are also cans with Grievous or a Super Battle Droid. They also had a ton of new playschool stuff: Yoda, Mace, Luke, and maybe Vader figures.

The Charlotte Pk WMt had the new force battlers as well.

21. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Clarksville Walmarts have all the new Mpire 2 packs of M&M Star Wars characters...they are so cute..had to get the Boba/Han set.

22. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I picked up four sets at Bellevue Toys R Us, but no Boba/Han. They had Clone Trooper & Darth Vader, Chewbacca & Mace Windu, Emperor Palpatine & Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi & General Grievous.

23. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    The Antioch WMT had only the Trooper & Darth Vader M&M pack. Think someone returned it, cause it was in only good/very good condition and they didn't have a place for it. I picked it up anyways. The only M&M stuff I've seen so far. Haven't seen the 500th Vader out there yet either.

24. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
  25. TamboFett

Jul 8, 2003
    Those really are not up to the par for the stuff they have been putting out, they are nothing more then slightly retooled and repainted repeats. The Han Solo Stormtrooper is the Same mold as the regular stormtrooper with a new Han head and trashcompacter stand, The Clone is the same mold as the Episode 2 clone, with a new helmet paint job and lava stand (looks better then the old...I'll have to get this one) The Chewbacca is the same mold as the first one, slightly moved arms with new weapons. I guess Hasbro needed some new product fast and did not have time to spend on this new wave. I guess re-tooled is better then the same stuff with new packages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.