main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks More trooper mods

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by christoff88, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Well since I retired the Sandtrooper a few months ago I decided to try my shot at Clone Trooper, I went with a mix of the ARC Trooper Commander in the Animated Series and a Red Clone Captain from EP2 and here's what the end result is:

[image=http://thesanantoniofanforce.homestead.com/ARC7012resize.jpg]

I have done some changes since this pic was taken, the biceps needed some modification and some other adjustments were made but TD7012 is now TC7012 . . .

Take Care Friends

Juan

2. BASSOFeeSH

BASSOFeeSH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    Weathering Info

In case anyone is looking to get dirty, maybe this will come in handy.

3. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    Hello~

I don't know if this is the right thread or not, but I am interested in making the green Swamp Trooper Armor from Episode 3. How would y'all suggest starting?

~FB

4. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    http://clonetroopers.net/

I'm guessing if anyone would have an idea, they'd be at those forums.

5. Kynaeus

Kynaeus Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know the name of the two side-arm weapons the red Clone Commander in the Animated Clone Wars uses? I really like his costume and weapons and I'm thinking I would like to make that for myself, but first I'd like to get my hands on his weapons! :D

Any places I could get this locally in Ontario would be awesome as well, thanks!

6. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    Thanks, BASSOFeeSH! I'll check that site out asap.

~FB

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Hello there I have just bought and voice amp/changer with static burst effect from trix toys inc along with a couple of fans for my trooper outfit have anyone at all got anything from trix toys??just wondered if they are ok

8. user_of_the_force

user_of_the_force Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    WOW! THAT IS AWSOM HOW U DO THAT?

9. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    By turning off his Caps Lock

10. Montorok

Montorok Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    I have a question: Are there places or persons I should avoid when shopping for Storm Trooper Armor kits?

Besides possible ebay scams I mean. As a new buyer is there a general known place to not venture to when trying to get armor? I found a place that, for the most part seems reputable, and was recommended to me by someone and who's name was mentioned in a convention report for having great kits.

But then I got to wondering if there were places that I should avoid. I mean shady places where even the Dark Side of the force thinks something is just wrong.

Or are most of the places "good" and it just depends on the time it takes for them to serve their customers and craftsmanship of the kits?

11. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    Any place that a 501st member suggests should be good.

12. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Anyone in here that can help me at all I need some help with my bucket what it is when I got my kit it was quite hard for me to work out what depth to have the adjustable stap inside I mean if you have it too far in then I would not be able to see and the actual clips that came with it I could not bend at all for them to be stuck inside so I was wondering if anyone has actually put foam in their bucket instead and also by any chance.

13. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    I taped the clips in place to figure out where to put them.

14. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Customs are a pain I got armor when I was in the states and my friend who got me it shipped it back to the uk for me I got charged $200 nearly by customs opened the box and the sealable bag with the tin of abs glue and the fine scratch remover was filled up with abs glue looked at my back plate and it has a few trickles of glue on the inside of which I am now filing and doing a good job of it so far. Was able to prise the bag open and had a look at the can and basically looks as if customs had opened it whilst dangled over the box and spilt some of it all over the inside of the bag and over the back plate. I had insurance of $600 on it but even though I can file it down and make it look how it should be should I still claim??

15. BASSOFeeSH

Nov 10, 2000
    Sell the damaged pieces to someone who's going dirty(Sandtrooper) & have them give you cash for a pristine set. At least that's what I would do since I'd make enough mistakes on my own without their help. :)

16. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Just filed it all down took me a fair while to do it and I thought to myself this is not going to look good but I did it and luckily it looks fine you cannot notice it at all from the outside and also its where the belt comes across anyway so you will not see it at all. Wanted to get it done due to the face I am on a long week at work and cannot get to any stores but I want to get as much as I can done before saturday when I can get to the store and buy some things.

17. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I am just getting started with my armor. I currently have a helmet that I am working on and have it mostly completed but was wondering if anyone has any tips on the best way to figure out the placement of the hard hat liner. My helmet is one of the old GF 2 piece helmets and I wondered if the best way to work on the placement would be to take it appart and try to go from there. I have destroyed a hard hat in the process of all of this trial and error by using my dremmel to cut out the clips that the hard hat clips into so that I can glue the clips in place once I have the placement that I like. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks! - Zac

18. theGreatSot

Jul 31, 2005
    Just curious as to what kind of voice amp/mic/speaker set up you guys and girls use for your armor... I am looking to buy either a hyperdine or a romfx kit... If any of you guys have any recomendations as to what you use for your armor I would appreciate some input. Thanks! - Zac

19. anifan

anifan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    DUDE HOW DID U MAKE THE DC-15?
    Go to my thread http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21324164&start=21324164&search=DC%2D15
    and tell us how THANX :)
    Oh yeah GREAT ARC COSTUME

20. theGreatSot

Jul 31, 2005
    I am still looking for voice amp suggestions... Please let me know what you guys think or take a look at my other post: Stormtrooper Voice Amps?

21. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Zac, It would good talking to ya through PM, I hope that whichever voice amp you go with, that you'll enjoy it.

AniFan, the CT Blaster was casted out of resin, so it was not created by me.

It looks like I may be going full circle, started a Dirty Trooper, went on an ARC trooper phase for awhile and I think I am coming back to being a Dirty Trooper.

Will have more details, and Oh yeah, It's Awesome still seeing people use this thread for reference and questions, please keep posting those pics, doesn't matter to me what Trooper armor you got, it should looked upon and respected that you took time and effort on your behalf to put it together.

Take Care Friends

John Laurel

22. theGreatSot

Jul 31, 2005
    Thanks John for your advice on the Trooper Voice Amps. I decided to go with the one from Hyperdyne and I just recieved it today. I recieved it within 4 days of ordering it, and I am so happy with it that I could cry. :D I ended up ordering a new amp and speaker setup from Skullworx.com so that the fan/amp mike setup is less cluttered. Here's hoping that it gets here before Halloween. I already have movie acurate aerators and mini speakers that fit inside them that I bought from TrikToys.com so now all I need is the amp and fans from Skullworx to finish off the helmet. My only problem with the helmet is that the lenses seem to fog up. Hopefully the addition of the fans will help with that, but if it doesn't I don't know what I am going to do because I go to school in a VERY small town(main street is a block long, there are only 2 bars and the nearest WallyWorld is a 20 minute drive). If I can't get anti-fog spray, I guess that I will just have to walk around with foggy lenses. Life could be worse. I just sent a check for my movie acurate ANH armor that has been in the making since the beginning of the summer, so hopefully it will arrive in the next week/week and a half so that I will have time to put it all together... Unfortunately it is going to be VERY time consuming because all of the pieces are coming to me untrimmed and fresh from the molds. Gonna be lots of cutting... YAY!! [face_hypnotized]

23. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hello all,

This is a great topic!! I'm glad I found it.

I would like to know a couple things...

First off, I already have a Darth Vader costume that I wear trooping. But I have been getting the craving to do another one. I was thinking about doing the TIE Pilot. But then I watched ANH, again, and I REALLY like the Sandtrooper.
    But here is my concern...I am 6'4, and weight around 270. I have the built perfect for Darth Vader.....Tall, fit the costume just right! So I am worried that if I go out and but a Sandtrooper costume, that it will not fit, and the calf and ab plates will burst right off of me :eek:
    Would this be a good costume to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! And keep on troopin'!

By the way, where is a good place to get a great Sandtrooper costume? if anyone knows, please PM me! Thanks!

Elijah - SL 1922

24. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Hey everyone! My FX stormtrooper kit is going to be arriving tomarrow, and I'll have just a week to get it all assembled in time for Halloween. I ordered a voice system and gloves from TrikToys, a dance unitard from an online dance catologue, and my boots from CAboots. Everythin is schedualed to get here tomarrow, and I'm very anxious to get started. This thread is going to be a GREAT help :)

I'll be sure to post progress of it while I go along :D

25. Cantina_Owner

Cantina_Owner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2003
    I ordered stuff from TrikToys.
    Was very happy with the service and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.