main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Zayne Carrick! KotOR: War

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    More info here. Heck yes! (I'm hoping I'm not missing a previous announcement. Mods, close and redirect if I did.)

Edit: I see that the info is also in the NYCC thread, as well, but there's more info at JJM's site:

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Good to see Knight Errant will keep running too. That's a lot of work for our favorite author here.

Cool to see more adventures for Zayne...though I can't help but feel a bit sad that he didn't end up doing any the things he talked about doing at the end of KOTOR.

PS-I hope we get to see some Republic ground vehicles.

PSS-I am starting to see a pattern with how Dark Horse names their popular Star Wars revivals. I am already looking forward to Knight Errant: War! Or maybe more accurately Knight Errant: Even More War!

3. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
  4. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    From JJM's blog post, and quite on topic to your responses:
    So I think we'll get to see Zayne being Zayne in the ways we all expected. Just in a different setting than we expected, perhaps...

5. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    DH's announcement on Knights of the Old Republic: War:
    http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/672/dark-horse-announces-star-wars-knights-old-republi

...and my post:
    http://blog.farawaypress.com/2011/10/zayne-carrick-returns-in-knights-of-old.html

Zayne Carrick lives -- and so does his bad luck!

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    YEEEAAAHH!

What excellent news!

You know what's going to be odd?

Yup, this'll be a thread where the entirety of the Lit board is very happy indeed!

7. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Well, he's just 20. But let's see if he survives to 21!

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Thrilled doesn't begin to describe how I feel right now. :D

We're finally going to see Captain Goodvalor have to put his money where his mouth is and be involved in a real war zone. :p

9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, he's just 20. But let's see if he survives to 21!
    Well, the force wants him alive. Not happy, but alive.

Some quick questions:
    -Is Zayne being "drafted" back into the jedi order, or is he being drafted as a private citizen into the military? If the second, why does he keep his lightsaber? And what section of the military did he get drafted into?

-Will Gryph and Jareal be involved?

-Will Revan's face be shown now that SWTOR revealed it?

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sweet! Awesome! If Jarael is in it then it will indeed be interesting to see her and Zayne interact as an official couple. Also sounds like this will be less about Zayne's personal story and more about the Mandalorian Wars in general.

11. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    I'll leave some of those for the interviews coming up -- but we established in the KOTOR Campaign Guide that the Republic proper has no draft. So it's his homeworld militia -- but the Republic military is in this in a big way, too. A lot of the hows and whys you'll see as we go.

There are ties to the original series, yes, and longtime characters -- but not necessarily who you might expect... [face_whistling]

And yes, it is very much Zayne's personal journey through the war, as you'll see, but that also brings in a lot of big events. As you might expect... :)

12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Not who we'd expect...

Hmmm... Let's see, the returning character that would surprise me the most...

OMG zombie Corellian Strangler!

(Awesome news. I can't wait)

13. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Thanks for the answers!

Well, you established there so centralized Republic Army, but there is a centralized Navy..so mostly I was asking if he was in the Navy, the Coursicant militia, or the Phaeda militia. I'll take it as the later. Strange they can still draft him when he hasn't set foot on that planet for years, and actually getting him tot he rest of unit is going to be a pain.
    Plus, given the description of the planet, I am surprised it even has a militia.

Another thing crossed my mind: Zayne is somewhat famous, correct? I wonder if any of his squadmates will have heard of him.

14. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    Beautiful! It's great to see more of Zayne, and even better than JJM is still working on the series rather than handing it over to a new writer.

I personally hope Revan keeps the helmet on if he does appear. I like how he was handled in the original series; face never shown, never identified as being a specific gender, given a purple lightsaber to avoid being establish as being a Consular, Guardian or Sentinel. It was a good way for fans to imagine their own Revan as being the Revan shown in the comics. Besides, part of Revan's fame comes from the helmet. Showing his face simply because we now know what he officially looks like wouldn't be the same as seeing him with the iconic helmet.

15. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Zayne is back?!

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/TNPredsFan/Message%20Boards/tumblr_lsp5c00SjF1qb37xko1_400.gif]

16. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Guess I've got to reread the KOTOR comics. Too bad. :p

18. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    (Looks at date an realize it's not April 1st...)

[face_hypnotized]

This is great news!!! KotOR was my favorite comic and having it explore the war will be amazing!

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/eUIkW.gif]

20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wow. Thanks JJM. I can have both of my cakes, and devour them as well.

21. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I'm really happy for the return of my favourite Star Wars comic!

22. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    It will be cool to see the Mandalorian Wars more fleshed out. Hopefully Zayne will have an active role in some of the main battles. And now that the Exile and Revan have official faces, we can see them being used. Maybe we'll see Canderous! Though I'll be happy to see Zayne and company too of course! :p

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    JJM, this quote made my day. :D

Bring on the Republic Navy!

--Adm. Nick

24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    YES! More Zayne Carrick sounds awesome!!! Not to mention more Gryph of course. Ooh, Zayne's homeworld, wonder if that means we'll see the rest of Zayne's family. I think we've seen both of Zayne's parents at one point or another (his mother in flashback and his father in one arc), but I think Zayne mentioned sisters too. So happy to hear there'll be more KotOR Zayne stories, and to get to see more of the Mandalorian Wars. With TOR coming up I was afraid all the focus would be on that era. And, um, not to nitpick but has anyone said how long this KotOR: War series will be? Even if its just a mini-series I don't mind, it still sounds so excellent. Best Star Wars news I've heard in a while, Dark Horse is still my favorite Star Wars publisher.

25. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Not quite -- but regular readers will realize there's actually plenty of groundwork laid in the original series for what we see here. But again, new readers have nothing to fear; it's all there for them.

And we designed a new class of frigate.