main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

More Zayne Carrick! KotOR: War

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Speaking of ties, what was it like to see some of your Mandalorian Wars stuff translated to motion drawings in the Timeline videos? I was surprised they almost copied the fleet shot from KOTOR #8 in the Timeline 9 video. :)

2. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Haven't seen that. Sounds interesting!

I realize it's out of print and pricey now, but the Campaign Guide really does integrate well with this series. I wrote the Republic military and Mandalorian chapters, and it informs much of what we see.

3. Darth_Piejs

Darth_Piejs Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    JJM is it gonna be a regular serie like the original KotOR, or a periodic like KE?

4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Sounds like this is going to be interesting on both a personal and larger level. Me like!

Timeline's up on Youtube if you feel like watching it! Lance Henriksen narrating... :)

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    My heart can't take much more excitement. :p

RE: KOTOR Campaign Guide, the Republic military section is probably one of the most informative and best written sources I have seen in the EU regarding the setup/organization of a military. I am absolutely thrilled to see that you tied stuff from that guide into your new series. :D

--Adm. Nick

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Cool. Any new tanks, walkers, and/or gunships?

7. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    So Zayne is still in danger of becoming Darth Nihilus.

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    New frigate? Yay! I always liked the KotOR Republic Navy, it seemed to hit the right balance between homage and coming up with its own designs, and the Inexpugnable-class is still one of my favorite Star Wars classes. Heck, with the Mandalorian Wars ongoing, wonder if there's any room in there for an Interdictor or Centurion cameo (maybe not in battle, but under construction or something). I just hope Zayne and Jarael are still a couple in this series. No offense to the author, but I liked KotOR's happy ending, and in most series when there is something else after the happy ending usually a stable romantic relationship isn't enough drama!, but I have faith in John Jackson Miller's writing skills so it should turn out fine.

9. Darth_Piejs

Mar 25, 2009
    It just awesome!
    But I hope this time we'll get more of the big picture!
    In KotOR Zayne and Jarael were the stars et the War the background, I hope here the War, Revan, the Mandalorians, Malak... We'll be more presents.

10. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I have a feeling this will alternate with Knight Errant, but that remains to be foreseen.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It sounds as a mini, but I'd love it if it became a series of minis like Dark Times. :) The KOTOR comics were, without any doubt, the best Star Wars comics to be published in the last ten years; and, considering the overall quality of the DHC material, that's saying!

12. Sock2008

Sock2008 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 15, 2008
    As long as he stays out of Malachor, he should be safe, right?

13. Darth_Piejs

Mar 25, 2009
    Just quit KE for establishing KotOR War as a regular serie JJM, KE is good but lame comparing too KotOR[face_love]

14. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I tried buying kotor comics from amazon.com, and mail it to my place, 6 issues cost 40 dollars, but the shipping is 20? WTK?

15. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000

Now, did I tell anyone that I had originally intended to "announce" KOTOR: Legacy as this year's april's fools prank?

Can't make this stuff up. Apparently.

QFT

I'll now return to my state of joyful shock. Gohomeandrethinkyourlife if you got 'em.

Becca! "The Twelve Days of KOTOR" marathon, ending January 11th?

16. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Zayne Carrick Republic mil-sci-fi comic series?

Day. Made. :D

So...characters we've already seen...hmmm...

"Admiral Morvis, this is one of our newest crewers, Zayne Carrick..."

I can see it now. :p

17. ThisIsMadness91

ThisIsMadness91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 19, 2009
    I'm not so sure of that. I figured the destroyer of worlds seen in the Covenant's (ultimately self-fulfilled) prophecy was Darth Malak.

18. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Zayne goes to War?! With his luck?! I feel so sorry, but I don't know for whom - the Jedi, the Republic, or the Mandalorians.

19. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    It's possible that each of those issues comes from a different Amazon vendor, so you're paying shipping from several vendors. For individual issues, TFAW tends to work better as a one-stop shop.

As someone mentioned, Zayne's fame -- or notoriety -- after the events of KOTOR was an interesting topic to handle. Those who have opinions about him are likely to have different ones, depending on whether he touched their lives. Forget Taris -- there are all those people who lost money on him in the Tandem Open!

20. BC_SW_fan

BC_SW_fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2008
    Fantastic news! KOTOR was my favourite Star Wars comic ever since Marvel's old Ewoks and Droids comics came to an end. I hope Jarael will be part of the series!

21. Websinger2

Websinger2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2010
    :D This sounds awesome. Very, very good news.

22. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    This is absolutely awesome. The end of Knights of the Old Republic and later Legacy really shook my faith in Dark Horse, and with bits like this: they're slowly winning it back. Glad to see Zayne back.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Knight Errant: War Harder!

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Or maybe: Knight Errant: Peace!

An aging Kerra Holt tries to adjust to life without stabbing Sith in the face.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is the best news since they announced the resurrection of the Plagueis book!

And good grief they're coming out at the same time!!!