main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mos-Erriot (the Courtyard Marriot) gang... Who's checkin' in there?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    if we do this, going to a restaurant in our hotel makes the most sense for those of us who want to run upstairs to our room and change into our costume before the Celebration at Celebration party that starts at 7pm. So I think I can stand TGI-Fridays. besides, in this case, it will be the company not the food that is the focus of the afternoon.

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    sounds like that's a good plan then. Now just to get the word out to everyone. I still want to wait and have some input from some other people at the hotel before setting this thing in stone. Also, depending on how many people who say they're actually interested, it may be a good idea to warn TGI Friday's the thurs or friday ahead of time. I don't want it to be a pain in the arse for them to cater to 20-40 people at one table on the fly.

according to the master hotel list, there are 50 people registered from these boards who will be at the hotel. Depending on interest, this could be a large group. I'm going to start pming people I think after Mary Franklin posts the complete official schedule online (supposed to happen later this week)

3. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Sounds like a plan to me, if I can get my room-mate to agree. (I do not think that will be a problem.)

Switching subjects, or really bringing up one we discussed months ago...

Is anyone interested in sharing cabs from the airport if we are coming in on the same flights or around the same time? Would be a shame to waste cash on separate cab fare if we are going to the same place.

4. Experiment626

Experiment626 Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2005
    Sounds good to me too! :)

Lufta, that's a great idea about the cab as well. We're arriving Thursday morning at 8:45am Indy time. Anyone else close to then?

5. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    according to the master hotel list, there are 50 people registered from these boards who will be at the hotel. Depending on interest, this could be a large group. I'm going to start pming people I think after Mary Franklin posts the complete official schedule online (supposed to happen later this week)<<

There would actually be more, for those not posting on the boards and for those, like me, who has a husband and two roommates sharing with us. Like i said, wait and see. Trying to pray my husband won't have to work Saturday so we can do things at con together after the 501st photo shoot and before the Celebration party. I'll kep tabs here and on time and if can let you know on hubby and me. Though suppose to be food at Celebration too, if I remember right.
    JMD

6. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Ok folks, the pm's have been sent out to all 50 people on that list. You are correct about the fact that there will be more people who will show up who are friends/family and people who don't post here. Right now the most important thing is at least getting a rough estimate of how many people could potentially be there so the resturant can be alerted roughly a week ahead of time that __ amount of people will be showing up around 4:00 that saturday. If it is a large number, they're going to need to set up tables and have extra staff on duty accordingly.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Righty, my dance ticket's getting pretty full here but Sat 4pm at TGIF's... sounds good.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I would suggest that a reservation be made to include everyone on the list. If they don't show it's not a big deal. This way we can be accommodated no matter what.

9. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    whats this Master List? how'd it know i was gonna be at that hotel just by my username?! lol sorry just curious....

will post back in a few days with a yay or nay.

10. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I have roughly 8 people with a yay so far.

11. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Sounds good!

12. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    up to roughly 13 people! :D

13. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm going to RSVP with a strong maybe - like, 79% sure I can be there.

14. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    breezy : YOUR DANCE TICKETS ???

15. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    my husband and i will definitely try to make it. so, 2 definite maybes here. ;)

16. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm looking at a number right now of roughly between 17-24 people who would show up. I'm going to wait until next Friday and see how many people have gotten back to me and then I'll call the resturant with a rough number the following monday. I will probably give them a number a little higher than what I calculate just to make sure that others not associated with this forum who may hear about this dinner through word of mouth etc would have the opportunity to show up. Thanks to all who have gotten back to me so promptly! :)

17. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Just a numbers update.....we're looking at 23-30 people so far. I'll be calling the resturant a week from today with the rough figure so they can prepare.

18. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'm on the same page as carmenite... a definite "maybe." It just depends on my C3 scheduling.

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Do we have a list?

20. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I want to go, but if you guys said 4:00, then I may still be inside C3. Depends on what's going on in there. I haven't looked at the schedule recently.

21. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    yes, it will all depend on what is going on during that time slot. Obviously if there is a big event going on at that time (George Lucas appearance) some people won't come. I don't have the name of the specific users who got back to me compiled but I will do that for everyone tomorrow. :)

22. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm talking to my mom (PadawanPadme) and seeing if we can go. All depends on what time I volunteer for things such as 501st/RL, FF, and the Ohio Star Wars Collector's Club.

23. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    OK, here's the list of people I have compiled.

Plan on being there:

Captain_Typho
    Captain_Typho's dad :p
    PrincessLeah
    Experiment626
    Experiment626's husband
    RebelMom
    Lufta Shif
    Lufta Shif's room-mate
    BroodMcEto
    FateNaberrie
    BobaFett-MP
    BobaFett-MP's friend
    BobaFett-MP's friend
    BobaFett-MP's friend
    rgjedi01
    VadersLaMent
    Cliodna_ben_Lhee
    Cliodna_ben_Lhee's daughter
    DarthBreezy
    Kir Kanos

May be there depending on scheduling:

Darth_Glymmer
    JediMistressDragon
    JediMistressDragon's husband
    spooky-kid along with 3 other members of his FF
    carmenite42
    audiogirl21
    audiogirl21's husband
    Pooja
    MrSkinnee
    JarJarJedi
    PadawanPadme

Again, keep in mind that none of this is set in stone yet. Obviouslly if George Lucas is making his appearance at 4 PM sat afternoon, there's a high liklihood this whole thing may get canned. I'm going to actually wait until this weekend to call and notify the resturant of a rough number to expect. This way, Gen Con and Mary Franklin will have an extra week to post updates to the schedule etc before we make a reservation. This should go off well though. :)

24. Darth_Crow

Darth_Crow Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    My uncle and I will be checking in here. We are staying here wednesday - monday.

25. darthvaderny

darthvaderny Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    I'll be there Wed thru Sunday with my son, MiniVaderNY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.