main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Most Evil Star Wars Character

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Buzz, Jul 24, 2019.

?

Who is the most evil character in Star Wars?

1. Palpatine

73 vote(s)
    81.1%
  2. Darth Vader

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Kylo Ren

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Count Dooku

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Snoke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Darth Maul

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Tarkin

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. General Hux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If you're referring to the droid upside down that something was going on with its feet, I didn't think he was being tortured, but rather receiving some sort of adjustment or fixing something-albeit in a less "humane" way.

If you're talking about the droid that was being pulled apart, that droid was being decommissioned, rather than tortured-EV-99 pointed to that droid when she said the last droid was "disintegrated."

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The novelizations (both Legends and Newcanon) were explicit that one of the roles of that room was "torture chamber" - with those things being applied to the feet being "brands" or "red-hot irons".

Sarge and Darth__Lobot like this.
  3. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    Palpatine is obviously the very essence of evil manifest, but Tarkin is more casually, calculating, and opportunistically evil and somehow that feels worse. Maybe because The Emperor is a cartoon character and while history is all too full of men like Tarkin.

I wouldn't put Tarkin and Hux in the same tier. Hux was psychologically indoctrinated and physically abused since he was old enough to walk; he may have been a monster but it was a manufactured monster.

I thought they were moderating this kind of stuff.

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would say all are evil villains, since they are they are the villains and made to be that by their creators in typical literally and cinematic tropes and archetypes. I would add though those that lived and died without any form of redemption or forgiveness angles or attributes in the storyline would be the "most evil" villains . Old Plapy would be number one obviously, he'd kill anyone, including family members and his own clone/son and and his clone/son's daughter, he held not value on anything other than himself. Although Clone Palpatine did genuinely seem to care about the Sith Order and Sith Eternal and was protective of them to some degree but this could be interpreted as selfishness too since it was in his own best interests. But I don't think these characters thought of themselves as evil, despite if many of them were Dark Siders and powerful in the Force. To them it would've been a point of view held by others. The Sith by their nature are very Machiavellian an Nietzschean in philosophy.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  5. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Nobody has brought him up, so I feel like mentioning someone who is in my opinion one of the most despicable beings in all of Star Wars: Dezono Qua from Dark Horse's Dark Times.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  6. Ash_Skywalker

Ash_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 7, 2021
    I voted for PALPATINE. He is the strongest Dark Lord I’ve seen. His Midi – Chlorians count is 19000 !

7. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Palpatine is a no-brainer. He doesn't display any remorse, concern for others or any sympathetic traits at all. Maul and Anakin cared about family and had tragic origin stories. Dooku (once) had an admirable political vision. Palpatineis just purely selfish.

Sarge and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  8. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Toss up between Maul and Palpatine. These are the two original Sith, who were never Jedi before, and I don't count Snoke since it's an experimental creature of the Sith, not really an individual.

Did he? Or was he using them for his own purposes?

Isn't that strange that both Savage Opress and Talzin are very powerful individuals that could help Maul in his plans?

Imagine if they were weak, and not usable for his plans, would Maul care about them? That's up to question.

9. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I suspect that Palpatine believed that his vision of what the galaxy should be also played a role in his actions. For a brief moment, he seemed pretty disgusted with both the Senate and the Republic's corruption, while discussing it with Padme in "TPM".

10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It was an act to display sympathy and integrity, and thus gain trust in his prey. He was corrupt and plotting himself the whole time.

Duke Vadewalker and Sarge like this.
  11. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I hadn't actually thought about that. I suppose by the time of Rebels, Maul did genuinely hate the Sith and seemed to resent Palpatine for taking him from his family.

"The Sith took everything from me. Ripped me from my mother’s arms, murdered my brother, used me as a weapon, and then cast me aside. Abandoned me. Once, I had power — now I have nothing."
    ―Maul

Although it's hard to say if he loved them the same way Anakin loved his family.

Didn't the Sith help spread such corruption under the Rule of Two? I thought the goal was to subvert and undermine the Republic in order to advance their political ambition. After Palpatine did enact his revenge, his Empire was rife with cronyism and ultimately wanted to do away with democracy. Its entire ethos was might makes right.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  12. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Well, he was actually trying to manipulate Ezra in there, wasn't he? Wouldn't be the same as Palpatine was acting like a father figure to Anakin since he came to Coruscant?

13. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    As others have mentioned, Palpatine feels like the obvious answer, just because unlike a lot of the other Star Wars villains, there’s no backstory for us to sympathize with, or at the very least understand, his actions, and no remorse shown for ANYTHING that he’s done. When you think about it, most of the villains in Star Wars are villains because of him. (Not to say some of them would not have turned evil under the influence of someone else, but Palpatine is largely responsible for manipulating most of the major franchise villains into turning to the dark side.)

Duke Vadewalker, themoth and Sarge like this.