main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most Hated Characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by -RebelScum-, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Threepio annoys me. I wish he really had been melted into who knows what. :p

Yoda! Irritating muppet.

Callista, Admiral Daala, Isolder, ugh those people got on my nerves. [face_laugh] And yet I still read those books. [face_blush]

Padme was cool in TPM, but I don't know about AOTC and ROTS. JA Qui-Gon I want to hit a few times (sorry Diane and Leona :D ).

As for the Holiday Special, Bea Arthur's character didn't grate on me nearly as much as Lumpy did. :p And Itchy was pretty...sketchy.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I liked Daala. A strong, evil, female character who didn't use sex to get what she wanted? (Ok, yeah she slept with Tarkin, but he was long dead by the time she came on the scene in the books, so *shrugs*) That was refreshing to me.

Jar Jar gets on my nerves a bit.

EDITED to include the word Evil :-D

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LOL, hey, Leia didn't use sex to pass policies. Well, not that we know of... :eek:

edit: Jar Jar is good in small doses, because he does have good intentions. But once the small dose become a big dose, he gets very irritating.

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    As for the Holiday Special, Bea Arthur's character didn't grate on me nearly as much as Lumpy did.

Yeah, but Bea was the only one who never answered my Golden Girls fan letters. [face_plain]

As far as just annoying characters go, Salacious Crumb's laugh was bothersome. :p

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I can't think of a single Star Wars character, Films or EU, that I hate. Because, for the love of the Force, they're fictional!

Now, I know this is about a humor fic, but I've been around long enough to know where threads like this go. If we can keep if humorous, it?ll be a miracle. Do we not have enough dissention in FF Resource already?

True, Trace and LP. Coming from Lit. and Movies it's a fine line, and I have seen rivers of flame. We grow attached to these characters, and it's easy to get defensive, but I'm sure we're all above that. They are fictional! :D I have faith in us! :)

That said, I loathed Obi Wan Kenobi in AOTC....the nag from hell. No wonder Anakin went to the dark side. And the duel in ANH is very satifying. Especially being spoiled. I really hate that they make him look like a 7th grade geometry teacher in ROTS also. :( Ewan is much more attractive than that. :(
    I also despise Mace Windu and Yoda, talk about clueless. :eek:

6. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    *raises hand* Oooh, oohh. I hate Padme, too.

In fact I firmly believe that she is an assistant Sith Lord to Sids. (Sidious from Naboo, Padme from Naboo...coincidence? I think not!)

The evidence is there, people just refuse to see it.

1) She is NOT 14 in TPM. No 14 year old girl (I don't care if she was queen or not) leaves the hot guy behind to follow the old guy and the frog into a desert. Therefore Padme is ancient (unless she digs old guys in which case I would have to alter my theory to Padme is really Kynstar :p)

2) She's seriously messing with poor Anakin's head all through AOTC. She kisses him, then pushes him away. She tells the poor guy that they can't be togethter while sporting a dominatrix outfit. What gives?

Once he kills some Tusken kiddies, however, she'a acts like she's all hot for him. I think maybe she pulled a Palpy and manipulated the poor guy into it. In fact, it must be in the AOTC cut scenes somewhere.

I'd give further evidence, but I have to keep this spoiler free. :p

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL, Opal. You are so funny! [face_laugh]

8. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Aww, obi_ew, what is it that you hate about the JA Qui-Gon? Then again, I've read so many JA fanfics that I can't even remember what the actual Qui-Gon from the series is like...:p and Healer Leona, ha!

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    roo: That said, I loathed Obi Wan Kenobi in AOTC....the nag from hell. No wonder Anakin went to the dark side.

Granted. You have point there. [face_laugh]

10. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I smell a challenge somewhere in here... Perhaps we could take the characters we dislike and make them redeeming... Or take characters we like and make them loathesome. [face_devil]

Of course I could never suggest that in the Obi thread... I think they'd kick me out. [face_laugh]

11. Tengumaster89

Tengumaster89 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Although this one is yet to come up I think, I really dislike chewbacca. Oh man, do I dislike wookies in general. I would love to be a droideka in the middle of kashyyk.

12. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    TMJ, back in 2002, there was a challenge that was just like that. I remember one of my responses had Tarkin caught picking his nose. Y'know, I do need a new challenge for my thread. [face_thinking]

I disliked Jar Jar until I heard him sing. What a voice!

I just rewatched TPM for the first time in years yesterday, and knowing what happens in AotC makes a lot of the lines and looks Padmé has in her scenes with Anakin really creepy.

13. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I actually ran one like that a great time ago... I used to be quite the challenger in my day. ;) Of course, now I'm just a slave to the college scene. :( Ah well. Here's the link if anyone's interested in seeing what it produced before: A Short Story Challenge

14. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Most hated characters:

Hutts
    Danni
    Nas Choka
    Danni
    slavers
    Diversity Alliance
    Aleema
    And others

15. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    TMJ, that's precisely the challenge thread to which I was referring. I had forgotten it was you who'd made it.

For a disliked character, how about Evazan, that ugly guy who tries to provoke that fight with Luke?

16. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    How come 90% of the J/TK'ers hate Danni? I must be, like, the only J/TK 'shipper on the site who doesn't hate Danni. She'd better stay the hell away from Jacen in a romantic capacity, I don't mind her otherwise. Ditto for Jaina's pack of suitors, although I tend to 'ship J/J or J/Z, I don't have a problem with Kyp. The only characters I hate are those who consistently act like huttslime.

17. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I used to hate Jacen, until I decided to write him, now he's my favorite Solo kid. :) (Mely helped me see a new aspect to him ;))

Most hated characters...hmmm....

Anakin Skywalker (but I love Darth Vader)

Akanah (Must kill her...)

Callista (Must Kill her...)

Jaina

Zekk

Tenel Ka

Danni

Edit:

Why do I hate Danni? Weeelll she...bugs me. She strikes me as weak, I guess, and just this pretty little thing that Jacen has to protect and treat carefully. And at the risk of being stoned, I've alwys found things to be more romantic if the man is older than the woman. *shrugs*

Mostly girls...what can I say, I like the men better... ;)

But that's just me.

However, I have read ONE fic where I liked her, and even her with Jacen. I think it was by Abby. :)

18. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I kina like Danni.

19. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I forgot about JA Qui-Gon and Tahl.

And Borsk

20. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Haha, Musical Jedi! We Obi fans can be loyal (and rabid) folks. But that sounds like a fun idea. Obi-Wan, the puppy-kicking jerk. Hmm, you're right, I don't know if that would float on the threads :p

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I don't know. The Obi group had one challenge where we had to make him evil. Lots of great stories, too. So I could see having a challenge where you have to write the character you dislike and make them likable.

22. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I love Dark Obi fics because I love his character so much it's fun to read someone mess with him.

I must admit that I'm not overly fond of Padme. "No, we can't do that, but let me show you this tight leather corset and see how much I can make you beg!"

She should have been the one to either make sure it was all out in the open no matter the consequences or not let it happen.

But maybe that's just me. :p

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Are you guys kidding? Obi fans loyal? Have you ever ran across we (always rabid) Anakin fans?

We get yellow eyes[face_hypnotized]. And then if you diss his boy Luke, we start looking for reactor shafts. [face_laugh][face_laugh] I love the Skywalkers so much though, you have to play with them... like Dark Luke or a Luke/Vader or Luke/Anakin combo..easy on the eyes and heart. [face_love] And with Vader, he's a writer's dream... Writing him warm and fuzzy, or all mush... - a good challenge Musical! :D

Hmmm...out of character. I guess I could write an Obidala. THAT would be a stretch for me. It would be waaaay out of my comfort zone. I'd have trouble keeping her from leering at Anakin while Obi wasn't looking. :p Or I could write Luke/Callista. [face_worried]

I forgot to mention Ferus Olin. Gary Stu from Hades. I can't wait until Vader runs up on HIM in the EU. [face_devil] I had a LOT of trouble with Corran Horn, too. [face_plain]

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I guess I could write an Obidala. THAT would be a stretch for me. Or I could write Luke/Callista.

There could be a 'ship swap challenge. Pair authors up with 'ships they don't like and/or have never written before and see if they can write a romance vig. [face_mischief]

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    You'd have to get me real liquored up first, Trace.... [face_laugh] Wait, that might not be a good idea... ;)[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.