main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most Hated Characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by -RebelScum-, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Some very strong and surpising opinions here.

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    EU: Jaina Solo is at the top. Didn't like the way the authors wrote her at all. She was, to me, more selfish and spoiled than I thought any teenager should be. (just my opinion mind you)

Movies: I didn't care much for young adult Anakin Skywalker. It was the actor that turned me off. He wasn't right for that part. That whole crying scene after his mother died was so badly done. And I really didn't see him and Natalie Portman as a couple, maybe a crush but not romance. Even in the book Attack of the Clones I didn't feel it.

Hopefully at midnight I might like him again when I see Episode III. We'll see.

3. SapphireBloom

SapphireBloom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    Hey look at me I'm a newbie posting on all sorts of threads now! *bounces around*

Hmm, let's see... I would have to agree with those above who strongly dislike Padme. She was pretty strong in TPM, but then she did a complete 180 in AotC. And what was up with the bottom of her shirt completely ripping off? I think in most instances it would've been shredded and hanging by a thin strip of material not completely gone. (My husband loves that part by the way). [face_shame_on_you]

Oh yeah, and Jar Jar. Just want to slap him. [face_whistling]

4. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    And what was up with the bottom of her shirt completely ripping off?

I found absolutely nothing wrong with that. At all. :p

5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Won't say a word about Padme and Anakin in ROTS, you'll just have to see for yourself. But... I want to say something so badly! Okay, I will say this because it doesn't spoil anything. In ROTS they seemed MUCH more natural together. MUCH more. It really brought home that they are/were in love. :)

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    And what was up with the bottom of her shirt completely ripping off?

Not realistic. If she was going to have things ripped off her torso, the areas where it would be most torn would be the breasts, not underneath with that oh-so-artistic tear. Or the whole shirt might have gotten torn off (and I'm sure the guys would have loved it).

7. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I honestly can't say there's any characters I truly hate. To begin with, I can't really say anything about those 'Beyond the Saga' since it's just not my cuppa and I have skimmed through the books to know.

While I do find Jar-Jar and the Gungans along with the Ewoks annoying, it's just that, annoying.

8. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    General Grievous - he totally ruins Episode III. Why kill off Dooku a human character and replace him with a stupid droid that seems to have lung cancer? Plus, how can he even weild a lightsaber when as a droid, he his not alive and so therefore being Force sensiative would be impossible (unless you buy that stupid skippy the Jedi droid comic, which I don't.)

9. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    General Grievous - he totally ruins Episode III. Why kill off Dooku a human character and replace him with a stupid droid that seems to have lung cancer?

I can't say he ruins episode III (which I got to see yesterday!) but my first thought when I saw him (or heard him hacking, I should say) "He's a chain smoker!"

And I know how you don't like Obi-Wan, em but at least he has one redeeming quailty for you now ;)

10. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Grevious is a cyborg, not a droid. I thought 'black lung', myself.

11. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I think Grievous' main purpose is to mirror Vader from the OT, the part machine, part man, especially when Obi-Wan discovers the heart. Maybe that's why he has breathing problems, too.

12. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hmmm... I think I've seen my most disliked characters posted her already, though I'll stick to the original 6 movies...

Episode 1

Jar Jar - while I understand what his purpose was, he was just too over the top. Didn't add anyting to the movies (other than starting a war heh.) and took away from some pretty good scenes with his dumb antics.

Episode 2

Watto - He played a purpose yes, but his character is a little shallow in the second movie. I found while he served his purpose in Episode 1, he could have been left out of Episode 2 and been a good CG character. Anakin could have found out about his mother's fate otherwise.

Owen Lars - I just... don't like Owen. I find he's too grating, like his father Cleigg

Episode 3

All clone troppers. Somewhere between now and episode 4 they got inbread and their armor became useless. Not to mention they've no moral grounding - they're just machines with flesh and blood. Grrr.. stupid clones.

All 3 prequels - Head of the trade federation - anything to do with these aliens anoys me. I find they're too snivling and acquiescent and comlplain too much.

Episode 4

Jawas - Creepy little men in brown cloaks. I find Jawas are just a little too strange for up close and personal. From a distance they're alright.

Tarkin - Something about this character and the way he speaks really gets on my nerves. I cheer every time the death star blows up *grin*

Episode 5

I don't like the movie in general so I'm not going to touch it.

Episode6

Lando - he needs to stay away from Leia! Lando's character is just too similar to Han's for my taste. I like Han, but Lando feels like his clone since Han was introduced first.

And those are mine. I won't go into EU - too many to count!

Still, it you're going to write something about characters dying, stick to your own personal dislikes... everyone, for some reasons or other, has different taste in characters so eventually you'll find that all of the characters have made it on your list and there's no one left to finish the story..

My $0.02.

13. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    Saffy- I couldn't agree more. I really do like TPM Padme because she was strong and didn't take anyone's crap. I loved it when she went back to her people rather than deal with all of the politcal garbage of Coruscant. She really just wanted to help her people.

In AotC she was very dry. That light seemed to have dimmed a bit and I don't understand why. Forget the Senator and bring on the Queen!

RotS: She was very sort of ho-hum. She didn't do anything to stop what was going on. She didn't bother to seek out help, from anyone. That's not the queen that we all fell in love with.

Just my opinion! ;)

14. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I hate Jag, first and foremost, then Callista, then Jacen Solo (NJO version), Danni (only when she's paired with Jacen), and I really hate Leia for some odd reason.

15. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Hmmm...

Jocasta Nu (beeyotch)

Ric Olié (most hated for being Captain Obvious who can't fly)

Captain Panaka

Oh! That stupid Jeston's droid in Dex's Diner... Hmmm.. her name eludes me.

Padmé's birthing droid ain't much better. I keep hearing her say: "Booo Baahhh." Like those scary BBC creations they have on PBS now. *shudders* Umm.. Anyone know what I'm talking about? heh. [face_plain] Anybody?

Oh and the Techno Union and Banking Clan Leaders!

-~Dormé~-

16. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    Anyone know what I'm talking about?

God, yeah. That Boo-bah crap freaks me out every time I see it. Scary.

17. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Thank the force someone knew what crazy Old Ben Keno- Erm I mean crazy youthful Dormé was talking about. ;) They truely are the spawn of Satan. [face_worried]

[image=http://shagpro.com/golfwidow/boohbah.gif]

*Anakin voice* "I do not fear the BooBahs as you do... Erm... wait a sec... I do. Their eyes are like giant pits of doom... Giant hypnotic pits of doom..." [face_hypnotized]

-~Dormé~-

18. SITHLORDCAMEL

SITHLORDCAMEL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Boo Bahs are very scary. In Star Wars I hate Jaina Solo!

19. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    That med droid scared me as well, although I still hate that scene in general. Bah. Ewoks, too, drive me up the wall. Padme, yes, in II and III, although the novelization of ROTS redeems her in some respects.

But, you know what? Nothing in the movies is nearly as grating to me as the EU. The NJO was decent. But Callista, Bria, even Corran Horn at times? Mmm-hmm. Bizarre.

*KR*

20. VadersMistress

Apr 7, 2004
    I can't stand Bria. Just can't.

I love Leia a lot.

I can't stand Palpatine. And not for the obvious reasons, there's just something about him that makes me want to scream. 8-}

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    All clone troppers. Somewhere between now and episode 4 they got inbread and their armor became useless. Not to mention they've no moral grounding - they're just machines with flesh and blood. Grrr.. stupid clones.

*Gets a plot bunny idea, heads to the plot bunny thread*

22. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    OK, nobody kill me but...I LOVE EWOKS, DANNI QUEE, JAGGED FEL, JAR JAR, WARU, VERGERE, AND CALLISTA. ALSO, I <333333333 TAHL AND SIRI AND BOOBAHS!(I was one for Halloween) I don't like anyobdy in the YJK, can't stand it. I don't like Mace Windu in Ep. III.

23. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Hmmm, I don't like Jar Jar. Or Jacen Solo after Traitor. Or Callista - Cray was better.

But I'm a "Corran-lover."

24. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    I'm all for throwing Jar-Jar, Callista, and the vast majority of the EU baddies, except for Thrawn they're basically worthless, all out the nearest airlock.

25. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Hmmm... any and all EU, whether it be post ROTJ, pre TPM or anything inbetween. I don't care. If it's not in the movies, it has to go. Yes, that does include stupid Mara Jade, lil'miss "I wasn't really on the darkside!" What a load of *bleep*. Luke, I am deeply disappointed in your decision to think that was a good idea...

Jar-Jar just needs to be toned down. Like someone said previously, he's not too bad in large doses.

Captain Panaka, Ric Olié, Jocasta Nu, everyone from the Seperatists except Dooku, Boss Nass and Sio Bibble in AotC :p he's just whiney.

~Obischick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.