main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most Hated Characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by -RebelScum-, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Since watching ROTS, I have to include Mace at the top of my list. :grumble:grumble:grumble: And I was learning to like him after AOTC. Darn.

2. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Yep, I've got no use for Mace Windu now. :mad:

3. Dorme

Dorme Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    Obischick, How dare you! I "heart" Sio Bibble! [face_love] Especially in AOTC when Padmé and Ani go to visit Queen Jamilla and Sio Bibble's like frumpy in the corner and then he finally speaks up and while he's talking Padmé and the Queen exchange this look. Padmé's like: He's still around?? Queenie's like: We fired him! I swear. But he just keeps showing up. He brought his own chair and everything

tehe.

Also I forgot someone... Aurra Sing! God do I loathe her. I know alot of people like her, but honestly... She's like the lamest person ever to get so much attention and EU time. OooOooh! She looks from left to right in a 2 sec shot! Her bodily functions impress me so! [face_plain] :p

-~Dormé~-

4. His_Tallness

His_Tallness Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Ooooohh boy.

Hmm...in no particular order.

Dash Rendar...god, he's Han Solo, only better. He has a kewler name, and a kewler modified frieghter, and a kewler sarcastic sense of humor, and a kewler sarcastic copilot...Cripes.

Thrawn...everyone goes on and on about him. He's so brilliant! NO, Zahn made everyone but him MORONS! OOhh, and he's able to figure out the precise way to defeat any species by looking at their art. Like anyone studying Picasso, Leonardo, Anime, Garfield, Lucas, Spielberg, the X-Men, The Far Side, and everything else will allow him to get inside the head of every human on earth with the EXACT same tactic. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time, unless you're a blue guy who stares at paintings. And Zahn ALWAYS has all his Star Wars book revolve around him. At least Anderson used different superweapons in each book, and Daala was beatable without a Dues-ex-machina.

Oh, and Talon Karrde: Yeah, one guy can grab all the smuggling in the galaxy, and from there be a master spy with greater omniscience than freaking Palpatine.

Throw in Mara Jade while you're at it: Look! An antisocial loner who's totally competent, and wicked cool at fighting, between sarcastic remarks. She's freaking Wolverine with breasts- And red hair. What is it with warrior women always being red heads?

Jacen Solo: The archetypical know it all punk. Yeah, he knows better than every adult around. Jedi Master, leaders of the Republic, whoever. Pacifism'll work, honest! And he never admits he's wrong-he just finds something else to be right about.

Vergere: Just...WRONG! She doesn't know diddly. And being wise, all knowing, knowing more than any Jedi-ever. Oh and compassionate. That weapon was immoral. So how immoral is torture, huh?

Borsk: After all the screw ups, and weasel stunts, how come anyone trusts him to watch a wall, let alone the entire galaxy.

5. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    I usually liek posative threads, but icouldn't resist. So, i dislike:

Jar Jar Binks

a lot. :)

6. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Wow, I really disagree with almost everything you just said. Mara, Talon, and Thrawn are among my very favorite characters. I don't like Dash Rendar, but the others are wonderful. Thrawn was a brilliant strategist. Talon was just...well, he's Talon. I especially love the Talon/Booster dynamic. :) And Mara...Mara is, in my opinion, the best female Star Wars character ever created. She's my favorite out of the entire kit and kaboodle. I don't understand why people don't like her.

That said: I HATE BOBA FETT. *runs and hides*

7. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I also like Mara, Talon, and Thrawn.

Like Emilie said, it's Talon. ;) Can't help but love him.

Thrawn is beyond brilliant. He is cold, calculating, and cunning.

Mara is a strong character who doesn't take any BS. Even from sexy Jedi. ;)

I like Jar Jar. :( I really do.

I also like Boba. I guess because I know his past and I feel bad for him.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    LOVE Mara! And I love her with Luke. Didn't like Callista!

Don't like Boba Fett (so sue me!)

HATE, ABSOLUTELY HATE Palpatine.

Jar Jar doesn't annoy me all that much.

Ewoks? Love them! They're like puppies and kittens rolled up into one furry little package that can still kick butt! :p

[face_love] Anakin.

Really annoyed by Mace Windu.

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Hehe, VaderLVR, you and I are on the same page. Callista should be gagged with rancor droppings and boiled alive whilst watching footage of Luke and Mara's wedding. And I kinda liked Jar Jar. Heh.

Most hated characters? I kinda don't like people who bash my Mara. [face_plain]

I still hate Boba Fett. What is it with guys and Boba Fett? They all love him!

10. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    They like Boba because he has a big gun.

Mara rules.

Love the punishment for Callista, but I do think you are being a bit too kind.

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey, Em, tell us how you REALLY feel about Callista! :D

I had a few choice things to say but this is a PG board and all...

And now my daughter is stalking me again...

12. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL. You don't want to know how I really feel about Callista. I don't have all the time in the world. And oh, the things I would say if there weren't underage people watching carefully...

13. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I don't really hate Callista, but I definitely didn't like her with Luke. I knew Luke and Mara were destined to be together from the moment I read The Last Command! Just all the other profic writers dropped the ball. :mad:

If there's two characters that I come close to hating, it would have to be Akanah and Vergere. In fact, they remind me of each other...all smug and superior, big know-it-alls, judging everyone around them; when in fact, they don't know diddly-squat. And both of them turned out to be big, fat liars, too!

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Akanah...*shudders*. Dirty &^%$&*! You don't wanna know what I'd do to her...

15. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Mara: :D

Thrawn: :D

Talon: [face_love] Even Mom, who I literally tied to a chair and said "Read this," whilst shoving HoT under her nose, loved him.

Borsk: I love hating him

Vergere: Don't get me started on what she deserves. You know, PG and all

Callista: See Vergere

16. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Got to love Mace, Thrawn, Jaina Solo, Anakin Solo, Wedge Antillies and of course...Yoda! Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader too.

But Ewoks and Jar Jar really annoy me.

17. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Oh, I love the Ewoks! If it weren't for them, there would be no Lt. Kettch!

Ps - It's Antilles. :D

18. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    OK, nobody hurt me but...

Mara and Luke should never have gotten married. Now hear me out, they make a great husband/wife, but the way they got together would never ever happen, even in Star Wars. They're friends, not even that close, an suddenly they join minds, and suddenly they LOVE EACH OTHER? I think Zahn reeeaaalllyy messed up on that part. Other than that, I'm fine with them. They just should have gotten together a different way.

Why does everyone hate Callista and Vergere? They're like, my favorites.

[edit] Everyone has missed the biggest one than RebelScum should include..............OPPM!!!!!!!!!!1

19. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Mirax_Corran - Lt. Kettch makes the Ewoks worth it.
    Actually a lot of the characters people hate make me giggle (like Ric Olie).

I always hated Bib Fortuna though - as a kid he creeped me out and my siblings teased me that he was my boyfriend. They even got me an action figure of him.

Oh and Qwi Xux. What was Wedge thinking, ignoring Iella to date that featherbrain?!

20. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Dude, I KNEW that I was forgetting someone! Qwi; that's who it was. C'mon, it was called the DEATH STAR.

No offence to any Qwi-lovers. Feel free to bash Corran a bit.

21. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    JediCallista: Nobody's going to hurt you for having your own opinion! That's all any of this is.

I can only speak for myself, but as a fanfic writer, I like to think that Mara and Luke had a lot of Unresolved Sexual Tension that just wasn't shown in the profic books. I mean, I thought there was an instant connection between them in the Thrawn Trilogy, once she got past the "I want to kill you" thing a little. Meanwhile, Luke and Callista fall in love in a couple of days? Without ever having seen one another in the flesh? o_O

I'm not saying that they should have gotten together immediately after the Thrawn Trilogy - Mara did have a lot of issues to work through, after all - but I felt like Zahn laid the groundwork and then it was ignored by the other profic authors. Frustrating!

As for Vergere, I simply can't stand the way she totally manipulates Jacen, and I'm sorry, yes there IS a Dark Side and a Light Side...because George said there is!

22. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    I don't mind the thought of "The Unifying Force." I just don't like Vergere. Bashing everyone that she meets in Destiny's Way. And any character that ever says the seven words of doom - Everything I tell you is a lie - is doomed to my dislike. ;)

As for Luke and Mara, it's the amount of tension in SotP is almost tangible. Yeah, the other profic authors ignored him. I've heard it put that he "set them up with an almost painful amount of foreshadowing."

23. Artemesielle

Artemesielle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    >.O Mace Windu is a boob.

Callista from what I remember (never cuold bring myself to reread the books she's in) screams "blonde" and "Flockhart". I know I know, I don't think she really was blonde but... meeeeh... Yah. She makes me gag.

And as for our floppy-eared Gungan friends? I have only this to say:

The Empire is Jar Jar's fault! >.O;; *forkstab*

24. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    hahahah! His_Tallness (like the name), you hit the Zahn nail right on the head. Nice! I don't agree with you about Mara...but yeah, Sherlock and Co. gotta have their own AU SW universe to play in when Zahn comes to call, eh? Nice post.

*walks away laughing*

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Callista from what I remember (never cuold bring myself to reread the books she's in) screams "blonde" and "Flockhart". I know I know, I don't think she really was blonde but... meeeeh... Yah. She makes me gag.

I've never pictured Callista as Callista Flockhart. Jeri Ryan, maybe, but never the waif thin, future Mrs. Harrison Ford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.