main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Most Memorable Sporting Moment(s)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    So what's everyone's most memorable sporting moment? Doesn't matter if you were a participant or just a spectator come and tell!

I have to say my most memorable ones was in Junior year when my high school's basketball team was doing really well. We made it up to the Sweet 16 in the state. So many games that had a lot of memories. I'll get into details later.

Another one was senior year of high school when my high school's hockey team won the State Hockey Championship. It was great. More details to come later.

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    My most memorable is attending the first game (out-of-season however) at Pacific Bell Park (the one and only true name) with family and extended family. It was the Giants versus... the Padres? Or the Brewers. I can't recall which. But the Giants won, of course. :cool:

We were all sitting in the bleachers, in the section under the giant Coca Cola slide. :)

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    [image=http://www.devilpage.pl/img/potrojna_korona/treble.jpg]

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    My most memorable (and important) sporting moment was the moment when I scored the first time in basketball. :D

You have to know that I was a kid and didn't do much sport beside of horse riding. Actually I wasn't that good at sport at that time in school. But this moment changed everything. I got interested in basketball, attented to an extra class of basketball and later I even studied sport successfully. ;)

5. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Showoff.

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    here's another one for me. I was in 7th grade and in Little League Baseball. i'm the 1st batter up. 1st pitch of the game beams me right below my left eye.

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    [image=http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ic.ic/england5c.jpg]

8. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Terrell Owens catching that game winning pass from Steve Young back in '98 against Green Bay. :)

The Titans doing that run-juke-toss kickoff return for a touchdown. Amazing.

9. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    1995 ALDS, Game 5 - Yankees vs. Mariners

I was at the game in the Kingdome. My brother wanted to leave sometime in the 8th inning because he was having...intestinal issues. I was driving and denied his request. :p

The M's were down going into the bottom of the 11th, when Edgar Martinez hit "the Double", Joey Cora and Ken Griffey Jr. scored to win the game. The place went nuts - it was so loud, you couldn't hear yourself scream. Everyone was chanting "ED-GAR" and "MVP" from the ramps, all the way to the parking lot. Pedestrians were running along the sides cars, giving high-fives. Good times.

[image=http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/1199/img5778773op9.jpg]

Had I taken pity on my brother, we would not be on speaking terms.

10. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    1994 NHL Eastern Conference Finals Game 7 [face_mischief]

11. Kukbacca

Kukbacca Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 18, 1999
    ALL SIX BULLS CHAMPIONSHIPS AND OF COURSE THE BEST TEAM EVER WINNING SUPERBOWL XX

12. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    [face_talk_hand] :p

13. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Most recent memorable sports moment in which I was involved: our lone win of the season the last year I played basketball (10 years ago now), which was by forfeit since the other team didn't show up. Ouch.

I was at Fenway for a Red Sox-Yankees game featuring starters Pedro Martinez and Roger Clemens (late July/early August 2003, IIRC). Unfortunately, I started actually following baseball loosely in 2004, and more seriously in 2005. Bad timing.

14. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    While I was in attendance: Randy Johnson recording his 4,000th career strikeout. the place went crazy...

Not in attendance: DBACKS WORLD SERIES BABY!!!

15. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    [image=http://chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2006-07/10/xin_050703101005836145327.jpg]http://chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2006-07/10/xin_050703101005836145327.jpg[

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    As a spectator it was watching Torgny Mogren win the 50 km crosscountry skiing at the world championships 1993 at home in Falun, Sweden. It had been the one of the worst Swedish world championships ever, but most of it was forgotten when people started to realise that a Swede was winning the last race of the championships. Being there as one of the 75.000 that cheered him one was wonderful.

My own best experience was when I did my best ski jump. Sure it was just a K30-hill, but that hill was quite difficult to jump in, and to get that perfect jump was wonderful, it really was like flying, everything just happened in slow motion and I thought I would never land.

17. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    There's so many, but I'll just name a couple for now.

Steven Bradbury's gold Medal in the 2002 Winter Olympics

[image=http://www.abc.net.au/news/indepth/yir2002/text/img/steven_bradbury.jpg]

I watched all the way from the Quarter Finals and the man rode the biggest wave of luck in history to win.

Australia Qualifies for the World Cup 2005

[image=http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200511/r64629_178454.jpg]

I was so happy I was crying. Everyone at the Pub went crazy it was brilliant

18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    One is going to come in a week and a day when the Aggies beat tu in Austin. For now I will settle with Kansas State beating tu.

Also I don't remember the year..possibly 2001, NHL stanley cup last game (Stars vs Sabres), went into at least 3 overtimes and the game winning goal was scored by Bret Hull and called a goal, but this stemmed many rules afterwards because technically the goal shouldn't have counted (I didn't care because I was cheering for the Stars, but my brother was upset as he was a Hasek fan).

19. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Sitting right behind third base at Fenway Park in Boston in 1993 at a Redsox vs. Oakland Game (I hate the Redsox, grew up in Oakland, loved the As, have lived in Manhattan for the last 10 years, huge Yankee fan), when Ricky Henderson stole third. Everyone in the stands was taunting him--and throwing peanuts at me, spilling beer, etc., because I was wearing an Oakland hat. I got fed up, stood up pointed down to Ricky (about 30 feet away from me) and yelled "Don't listen to these b**tards, Ricky, you da Man, you're #1" and he turned, looked right at me and tipped his hat! It was awesome!

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Kypt; You forgot:

[image=http://www.abc.net.au/blackfriday/timeline/images/html_tl_photo_2003_02.jpg]
    Steve Waugh's century off of the last ball of the day during the Ashes at the SCG. What a day.

I was ecstatic.

21. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    As an Eagles fan, it was probaly watching "4th and 26" or seeing them win versus Atlanta in the NFC Championship game a couple years back, Chad Lewis celebrating a TD catch on the ground because he broke his foot sticks out in my mind.

22. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    **** 4th and 26

23. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    My greatest sports moment ever was Dale Earnhardt winning the 1998 Daytona 500 in his twentieth attempt.

When it was over, the crews of every other competitor lined up to congratulate him. I doubt I'll ever see anything like that again.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    September 18, 2004.

James Wilhoit nails a 50-yard field goal to beat the Florida Gators in Knoxville with 0:06 left.

The single greatest sports moment of my life thus far.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    There's so many, but I suppose the first that comes to mind is John Elway flipping over into the endzone during his and the Bronco's first SuperBowl win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.