main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Most "unbelievable" EU stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by President Bossk, Sep 23, 2020.

1. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Don't know about the novel, but I always interpreted that to mean Starkiller was only *mostly* dead, not that Vader did some straight up necromancy. And it is possible to survive for a few minutes in the vacuum of space. Granted Starkiller was probably out there a bit longer and appeared to be unconscious, but IMO it's not much different from Vader surviving lava.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Or Leia surviving in space long enough to float back to her ship.

JediBatman likes this.
  3. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    As long as we are talking about TFU. The Rebel Starbird conveniently turning out to actually be Starkillers family symbol was pretty absurd.

I also take issue with its depiction of the founding of the rebellion but I classify that more as believable enough but just really awful.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  4. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    With Sidious using Vader to "start" the Rebellion as a means of identifying his opponents? That's actually pretty in line with Sidious. After all, he had Dooku create the Separatists as a means of gaining more power in the Senate.

5. Sabine created the Rebel logo in Disney Canon i prefer the Starkiller one but imo Rebel alliance logo should be a old Jedi symbol

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2021
    mnjedi likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I always preferred Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Garm Bel Ilbis just working together to unite the Galaxy against Palpatine, but I'm coming around to this line of logic.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

My problem is that the game makes it look like they haven't been doing anything before hand though.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  8. Post ROTJ feels like a cursed timeline in both EU and Disney Canon maybe ROTJ should have been truly the end and expand the story with more Old Republic content

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2021
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  9. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I'm sure there's some fans who think after KOTOR 2 and Knights of the Fallen Empire that the Old Republic content should've been discontinued and instead focus been put on the ROTJ era. Everything's relative.

10. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Vader's probe also picks him up really quickly from what we see on-screen, i think it is very clear that Starkiller didin't actually die, but was rescued from the brink of death.

JediBatman likes this.
  11. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    That's because he was only mostly dead. There's a difference between mostly dead, and all dead. Mostly dead is still slightly alive.

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The revelation that the events of the Mortis episodes of TCW literally happened.

13. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Darth Malgus being alive.

I mean, come on, i killed him countless times with many characters, i've seen his body fall down and give me the loot, and then disappear, and you're telling me he got back up right after i left the Flashpoint?

Not to mention that the Space Station he was in got blown up by self-destruction and/or the fleet hammering it right after, there's just no time for anything to pick him up while he's barely alive before he gets completely disintegrated by the explosion.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I agree with you from a story perspective

BUT

Darth Malgus is kinda the most marketable and coolest baddy in Old Republic to the point were they should have just cut Vitatate and made him the main Villain so....

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The TOR-era Republic and Jedi calling the Sith forces “Imperial” forces. It’s like if a French general called the English Navy “the Imperial Navy” during one of the wars between England and France.

Lord Sith Harloxzz and Golbolco like this.
  16. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    Yeah, it's obvious they revived him for marketing the new era in the game, but... It really doesn't work, no matter how cool Malgus is, it's kind of the Darth Maul situation, his return makes no sense (in fact, much less sense than Maul, at least with him we got an explanation) and was completely unnecessary, but it's good how they are using him.

Malgus being more marketable isn't really a very good reason to re-use him over the guy who has legitimate reasons to bring back from the dead (if you had to pick one, of course), but if you just consider the base game, he was the main villain, he was the final boss for every class in the Epilogue, no matter the faction or story, while Vitiate, despite being more important as a character for the era, was just confined into being the villain for the JK storyline and little more than a plot device in the Warrior story.

If anything, it seemed more of a waste to get rid of an overarching and overpowered villain like Vitiate just like that, and thus they brought him back to be the real main villain of the era that he should be, it's true that Malgus is more interesting as a character (at least for Vitiate only) and cooler for some, but Vitiate is much easier to explain his return (it's his whole thing, being immortal) and really should be more important than Malgus story-wise, given who he is.

But this is just speaking from the point of view of if you had to choose one like i said. And in the end, they brought back both of them, so in the end, i guess it doesn't really matter, we got Vitiate overused and now Malgus is getting his story needlessly extended, yet what they are doing with Malgus is really interesting, just like what they did with Vitiate when they expanded his character with Valkorion, so... Yay for SWTOR for endlessly resurrecting characters?

There's a notable difference between the Sith and the regular Imperials in SWTOR, they are not one and the same, they are very distinct people from each other that coexist but with very different priorities and interpretations of a culture, making the Empire a very unique society that isn't like the other Sith Empires like Exar Kun's Empire or even the original Empire that ended in 5000 BBY, the exile in Dromund Kaas shaped the Imperial people in an unique way. Plus, it's called the Sith Empire everyone that's part of it is an Imperial by definition, be it Sith or non-Sith, the Troopers and Sith Warriors, they are Imperials since they are members of the Empire.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean if there using him well then who cares.

Also I find the "It's Unnecessary" reasoning a weak sauce excuse honestly since...None of it is necessary...Like what is necessary in storytelling. If it works, it works.

Most things in Star Wars aren't necessary.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2021
  18. Irredeemable Fanboy

Mar 27, 2020
    It's not just the unnecessary thing that makes his return stupid, it's the explanation of the return (or lack thereof) that breaks it, the unnecessary part is just a bonus on top of that.

It's okay that they are using him well, but at least give a reasonable explanation as to why he's back, he just came back out of nowhere.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Galen was injured and close to death but not dead. Force users going out into space briefly and not dying is kinda like them taking a large fall and not dying.

Galen was very much distraught and angry at Vader, and not really in his right mind during that dialogue. He was also probably heavily medicated too. Vader did backstab him by impaling his lightsaber through him and then under Palpatine's orders attempted to kill him by Force slamming him into steel walls, bent his back to the point you hearing spinal snaps, and then threw him through a transparisteel window into space.

20. President Bossk

President Bossk Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2019
    I thought I would revive this thread to talk about the new Greg Pak Vader comic. Am I the only one who thinks it's far fetched Vader knows not only about Exegol, but also about the death star laser star destroyers, which by the way were also in development pre-ROTJ? Why did Vader not try to warn Luke about Exegol in his final moments? Why did the Emperor even bother building Death Star II at all if he had these star destroyers? Couldn't he have just spaced these destroyers out to different planets and blackmailed the galaxy into submission? It make no sense to me whatsoever.
    SW Theory has a good video on it for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

SpecForce Trooper and JediBatman like this.
  21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    It's a shame that they didn't run with what Timothy Zahn did with Force ghosts in Heir to the Empire. The ghost of Kenobi explained that after some point he would have to proceed on, and be unable to interact with Luke.

Had they kept that in canon, the question of why Anakin didn't warn Luke would make more sense.

22. President Bossk

Jul 24, 2019
    I hadn't even thought of the force ghost thing, I was just thinking he could have told him in his final moments. That makes it even worse.

JediBatman and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, Vader/Anakin may have known about Exegol and Palpatine's plans, but maybe he figured he hadn't given his former master enough time for his spirit to make it there.

24. President Bossk

Jul 24, 2019
    You would think he would warn Luke just in case regardless, and even if he assumed he defeated Palpatine why didn't he tell Luke about the Star Destroyer fleet?

I don't know how this got past the story group at Lucasfilm, it leaves pretty major and obvious plot holes.

25. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Keep in mind that 30 years passed between ROTJ and the ST. I doubt the entire fleet, let alone half of it would have been ready at that time.

JediBatman likes this.