main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mountain Con

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Psxjedi76, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    And you better show up tomorrow! (And if Mary doesn't, can I give you the stuff I got for her at CIV?)

2. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Oh I'll be there. I didn't print off all that stuff and get that star wars table cloth and a bag o' candy for nuthin.

3. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    I will be there around noonish. See you all there.

4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Okay, I've decided to add a little more to the credit card balance and come up. :) Currently watching my boy (it's dad's weekend, but dad had an obligation this morning). He should be picking up the little guy around 1:00. So, I'll be up shortly afterwards.

No costume, but I'll wear a "subtle" Star Wars shirt. ;) Once you see it, you'll know why it's subtle. It tends to separate the geeks from the mundanes fairly quickly. :D

See you there!

5. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Today was cool. I sat at the table with Riley and Sierra from around 12:30ish to 3:00 when I checked into the hotel room. We then went and saw David Prowse for two hours. The Garrison looked like they were having a blast in their room party but it was too crowded when we got there so we didn't stay long. I'll be there again in the morning but only for a short time at the table before I clean up and check out. Sorry I missed you today though Kreleia. Your company was missed at the table. Did you find the table?

Edit- This was Andy, by-the-way. I'm using Riley's computer and forgot to log him off before posting.

6. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Well I was there for about an hour today and saw the little note you left on the back of that card. The girl sitting at the table next to ours said that you even sat there for a while. You rock.

If there is anyone from the con who grabbed a card and used the website to find our little corner of the internet and pay is a visit, feel free to register (for free, no obligations)and say hi. We would love for you to join in the fun even if it's just to chit chat here on the boards.

7. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    It was great seeing you guys on Saturday. I was sorry I had to work today but at least I got 2 out of 3 days. And just for the record, I did not say I was going to strip search Garret Wang when he came thru security at the airport.;)

8. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    That's not the way he tells the story.

9. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Here are a couple pictures of the table we had set up.

[image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/rgsqdrn/IMG_0558.jpg]

That's Jedi_Angell in the Imperial officer uniform and Kitty_Pounce in the Jedi outfit. They stayed with me at the booth and helped set up. Thanks you two. I know that normally you would have gone trooping with the Alpine Garrison so I really appreciate the time you spent at the table.

[image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/rgsqdrn/IMG_0559.jpg]

This is a closer look at the table. No banner so I did the best I could with photo paper and a stolen FanForce advertisement I saw on the boards somewhere. I also listed some of the events we have gone to in the passed and some that we have talked about doing. You can also see the little cards that we handed out. I'd say we probably handed out ten to twenty cards. Not bad. If one person visits us as a result of the card they picked up, mission accomplished. We were also going to have a Star Wars marathon on that portable DVD player on the table but the battery died right before the doors opened in the hangar right before Darth Maul steps in and things get good. Anyways, I think the most popular thing at the table was the big bag of free candy which got repeatedly pillaged by kids when we were away. That made me laugh. that was what it was there for I guess. I didn't want to bring it home anyway. Oh yeah, and the Star Wars table cloth was nice and flashy and stuck out very nicely. Last of all and not least of all, as we all know, a balloon taped to a table is the international symbol for 'party over here'.

All in all I think it was a really good event for us and major props go out to everyone who helped out. Every little bit helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.