main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Discussion Club

Discussion in 'Archive: Kent UK' started by Lord-Tice, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Actually her parents are from Scotland

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    I will probably check out Cold mountain when it comes out. :D All that talk about it...and it's cast sounds good too. :)

ROTK being long...Matt, you've made my day! [face_laugh] Wow...really long isn't it? I'm sure I can manage to watch it though! ;)

I've seen some screen caps that look awesome. [face_shocked]

Last Samurai...can you believe I never went through the Tom Cruise phase? All the girls I know went through it. SOme girls still think I'm nuts coz I didn't. I actually watched Top Gun because of another of my fave actors- Val Kilmer. ;)

But this sounds interesting, Matt...I will have to read the article in my magazine. ;) Y'know the one! [face_mischief]

Oh and Matt, you can still talk about Kiera. ;) She's a cool actress. I heard about her new flick:- Pure

3. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol Pash I got to the cinema at 3:30 even though the film was advertised for 4:15. But I stood chatting to this guy which passed the time luckily. But I didn't get out the cinema yesterday until 8pm....and I had not stayed for the credits.

I never went through the Tom Cruise stage either only Brad Pitt ;)

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    *hugs* [face_love]

A Brad Pit phase girlie?

*extra hugs for you* ;)

The cinemas...to see ROTK again, Jean? :D

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    yep one of those ;)

**hugs**

Yep and I love it even more now, and I managed to only go bathroom two times during it which is quite something for me :p
    Actually nearly made it only once but the ending started to drag a little and I knew I would not get to the bathroom once it finished :(

:p

6. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I see we have another thing in common! [face_laugh] Ofcourse, since I will probably watch it at home, I can always pause and run to the loo! ;)

But it's quite funny how I always go to the loo. When my friends and I pull pranks, I have to run to the loo loads of time before I can say anything silly on the phone! LOL! [face_laugh]
    And afterwards I have to run to the loo again! 8-}

Congrats to you, fellow loo person! ;)

I hope its nice seeing ROTK on the small screen, Jean. :)

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I can't help it, it's a long movie :(

Funny thing is I can still not drink anything and yet go toilet loads of times :confused:

Oh well :p

Oh it will be good, think Elf ;)

8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Hmm...I guess we drink quite a bit through out the whole day. :) And it's good for us too..flushes out toxins... :)

think elf

;)

Don't you just love the way we think alike? 8-} [face_laugh]

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol true but still a pain when you are trying to watch a movie :(

lol great minds think alike ;)

You know should do a thread dedicated to Elves ;)

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Looking at imdb.com it says her Mum's Scottish but her Dad's English. But considering she was born in Middlesex she's English IMO ;)

I think I'm lucky in that I'm not really a loo person :p
    I can sit through RotK and not have a problem in that department. And while it's a long film I don't really feel it drags on too much, apart from the last 10 or so minutes really.

I mainly want to see The Last Samurai because I love samurais :D
    The uniforms, weapons, way of life etc are all fantastic and I'm a big fan of Kurosawa's Samurai films although I doubt this one will be a patch on them.
    And I know the magazine you are refering to pash [face_mischief] ;)

11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Wow...I'd get confused with where she was from...somewhere in the middle? That's cool with me! 8-}

Heheh...nice discussion, no Matt? I can sit through movies though...sheer will. ;) Oh...wait...when they give a break I do run to the loo [face_blush]...a precautionary measure, so that I don't feel like running during the show! [face_laugh]

Yep, that mag, Matt! ;)
    But you lads will get a decent deal. Diane Krueger who plays Helen is nice. :) Pretty girl. :)

Of course, we have a chariot load of guys to stare at, I'll agree. [face_mischief]

Samurais...I love that sword. I was a huge fan of Highlander the TV show and I love that blade. It's simply gorgeous. Sword fighting and swashbuckling stuff? Well then, I think I shall give it a go then. :D

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, I don't care much either, as long as she comes round for dinner one day she can come from mars for all I care ;)
    **falls back to reality**

I've not heared of Diane Krueger but hopefully that will soon change. But I think the action scenes will attract the boys anyway, while the men running around in tight armour will certainly attract the girls [face_devil]

Guess what pash??? I'm a huge Highlander fan too :D :D
    And I know Jeannette likes the first film because I lent her my DVD ;)
    I loved the TV series as well and is probably my favourite Highlander thing! (is thing the right word?? I'm sure you know what I mean ;) ).
    I also own a replica of Duncan's Katana sword. It's one of my favourite pieces in my bedroom :D

13. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Up we go! ;)

Gosh I took ages to answer this post, didn't I? [face_laugh]

Matt, I loved the show on TV...the movies-I saw the first one, I think... ;) It was all right...the TV show was cool. And Adrian Paul was quite a looker anyways.
    What ever happened to him? :confused: Did the show eventually end properly or did it get cancelled?

while the men running around in tight armour will certainly attract the girls

Oh, I'm watching Troy coz it's a great story...it's the story I want to see... 8-}

Heh...so not believeable, eh? [face_laugh]

14. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    And Adrian Paul was quite a looker anyways.

I agree with you there [face_mischief]

15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Any idea what happened to him, Jean? :confused:

He's British right? I think I saw his pic on the cover of some vampire movie, over at my video club.

16. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    He still does movies and tv etc just doesn't seem to be anything big really.

Yep he was born in London I believe :D

17. Cobblestone

Cobblestone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    there are so many new movies I want to see! troy(Orlando [face_love] ), big fish, young adam(Ewan.. [face_love] ) the trio from belleville (cartoons [face_love] ;) )

I have no idea how I'm going to afford this spring...

I too have to run to the bathroom all the time when I'm at the movies! it's really annoying, I can't drink anything for a couple of hours ahead, so I usually have a headache at the end of the film :(

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yay!! The TV series was my fav Highlander too pash, I'm a very big fan of Adrian Paul and I've meet him and got his autograph ;)
    He is a South-East London boy too like myself, and I think he might have gone to the same secondary school as me but it's going to be really difficult to confirm that but it's based on what he's said in interviews in the past.
    As J said, he hasn't done much big stuff in TV or film, but was the main player in the forth Highlander film Endgame, which was alright but not great sadly. And the rumours are that he may be in the fifth film but wants to see a script first before he commits (can't blame him either ;) ).
    I wouldn't mind him being the next James Bond personally, but I don't think he's well known enough for the studio to say yes :(

As for the TV series, they didn't cancel it but rather decided to wrap it up after season six, and then made a spin-off series with Amanda which was called Highlnader:The Raven . There were only 13 episodes in season six but it got a great send off in the last episode :D
    Wow, I think you've opened a can of worms with me on this one pash [face_laugh]

'Oh, I'm watching Troy coz it's a great story...it's the story I want to see...

Heh...so not believeable, eh?'

I believe you pash, even if many wouldn't [face_mischief]
    The story is good though, but having Orli, Brad Pitt and many, many more chaps init certainly helps, hey ladies?? ;)

I'm with you there Maja, 2004 looks like a good year for movies but an expensive one for us :eek:
    I'm looking forward to Big Fish too, hopefully Tim Burton will be back in form because I hated his version of Planet of the Apes :p

19. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    I too have to run to the bathroom all the time when I'm at the movies!

Hmm, seems to be a girl thing, Maja. :D Gosh, it's a good thing the LOTR set is divided into so many CDs. 8-}

I'm a very big fan of Adrian Paul and I've meet him and got his autograph

[face_shocked]

Oh my...you guys are tripping over celebrities there. [face_laugh]
    Same school, possibly? How cool is that? :)

Y'know it's funny you mentioned the role in James Bond...my dad said exactly the same thing when Highlander was being shown on local TV. Coming from my dad, that's a high compliment indeed. ;) Dad rarely says a guy is goodlooking. 8-}

He actually would have made a good Bond...but the rumour is that the next one may be Hugh Jackman. :cool: And I am not complaining at all. To be honest, I haven't watched a single bond film properly. I think I saw a bit of one...ages ago.

But if Hugh Jackman gets the role, I'll probably watche my first Bond film. :)

I believe you pash, even if many wouldn't

Actually Matt...I think the boys in the fancy gear is a big reason. [face_blush] [face_shocked] Okay...kidding... [face_laugh] I love the romance angle of the story...that Paris would steal Helen away...the whole whirlwind romance thing is quite dreamy...ofcourse, what he did wasn't right. But hey...it's Orli. [face_mischief]

I hear a lot these days about Big Fish. Ewan is also in the movies a lot now.

Hmm, any word on Shattered Glass? Can't wait to see Hayden in that. He's supposed to be fantastic. :cool:

20. Cobblestone

Jul 30, 2002
    Hmm, seems to be a girl thing, Maja

probably...

To be honest, I haven't watched a single bond film properly.

[face_shocked] 8-}

well you should see the first ones, they're really fun...
    Sean Connery is the perfect 007 :D

I saw Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulin a couple of days ago. I loved it! has anyone seen it?

21. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Guess what pash, I've meet hayden Christensen too ;)
    Me and darth-dom went to see him at his theatre play in London, and waited for him at the stage door before the show started. The funny thing is we didn't reconise him at first, and by the time dom called out to him he nearly went through the door so we were a bit lucky really.

'Dad rarely says a guy is goodlooking.'

[face_laugh] Sounds a bit like me actually.
    I'm a bit old fashioned in that sense really. Hugh Jackman would make a good choice I must admit, certainly has the right look and physic, can he pull off a Brit accent though? ;)
    If I ever get the chance to meet Adrian Paul again I might try and ask about the school, and by all accounts he was a very keen crickiter so for all I know I may have even played on the same pitch as him while at school :cool:

I haven't heared much about Shattered Glass but I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled and will let you know of anything I hear :)

And I haven't heared of Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Pouli either, but sounds like a french film to me, lol. Am I right??
    We don't really get many foreign language films here, apart from the arthouse cinemas in london. Did you enjoy it Maja??

I've just been wtaching Donnie Darko myself and really like it :D
    Strange, but a lovely film.

22. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    I dunno Maj...for some reason, I cannot watch James Bond. Well, Pierce Brosnan is not my idea of Bond :( ...maybe I'll check out the older ones sometime. :)

Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulin

Sometimes European movies take a while here...but what's it like? This is not Amelie is it? :confused:

Guess what pash, I've meet hayden Christensen too

[face_shocked] [face_shocked]

*faints*

Okay, not really! 8-}

But still, my face looked like --> [face_shocked] when I saw that line. Wow...yikes...oh my goodness...not fair, Matt! :_| 8-}

Was he polite though? :) Did you actually get to speak with him. This must have been when he was doing that play called This is our Youth. :D

You and my dad have somink in common then. ;) Yeah, Hugh fits the bill...hmm, it might be quite close to the Aussie accent actually...what was his accent in Kate and Leopold? Or was that more of an old fashioned American accent? :confused:

Playing on the same cricket pitch as the Highlander himself...wow, if it's the case, you're pretty lucky.

*shouts*

Hullo, celebrities...why not drop by here? [face_mischief] It's nice and tropical! [face_laugh]

Thanks about Shattered Glass, Matt...hmm, Donnie Darko. It was good? :) I've seen it at my video store but never picked it up. :(

23. Cobblestone

Jul 30, 2002
    I really liked it! the french title is Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulin, the swedish title is Amelie från Montmartre, but I have no idea what you guys call it... Its about a girl who lives in Paris, she devotes her life to help the people she loves. and one day she finds her soulmate, but she does'nt really dare meeting him... she's very shy...

I haven't seen Donnie Darko, but Mad World is a good song :)

Hugh as Bond? It could work...

24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Like you Pash, I had a hunch it was Amelie, and by the sounds of your description Maj, it is :)
    I've heared it's a very good film but have yet the chance to see it.
    And Mad World is a wonderful song, works really well for the film too.
    I'd recommend Donnie Darko to you both, but if you like your films to be fairly staright forward then perhaps not, lol.

Wow...yikes...oh my goodness...not fair, Matt!

OK Pash, you are going to hate me more for this one, but I've meet Ewan McGregor too :p
    Me and my sister were in london and he was doing a theatre show, so we waited around the stage door a little while on the off-chance, and as luck would have it we manage to meet him on his way out :D
    My sister got his autograph and photo with him, but I didn't getting anything :(
    And you're right, we saw hayden while he was doing his play This is our youth. He was really good init, and we were very near the front and Anna Paquin was init too ;) :D

I haven't seen Kate and Leopold? so can't answer that question I'm afraid. He pulls of the North American accent well enough for Wolverine, so I'd be hopefully he can do a posh brit accent ;)

I think Adrian Paul is based in LA now, so unless he does another UK convention I may never find out if he did go to my school. Ah-well, it will remain one of the great mysterious of the World [face_laugh]

Hey Pash, the England cricket team were in Sri Lanka not so long ago, so not all doom and gloom ;)
    Perhaps they should make the new Bond film in Sri Lanka ? [face_mischief]

25. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    *kicks thread back to life*

Okay it was my fault this thread was quiet...I never replied. [face_shocked] Funny, coz I normally have tonnes to say! 8-} So here goes:-

Ewan too? Good grief...Matt, I give up... ;) You meet everybody... ;) Y'know I'm kidding! :)

Hayden's play...there was a lot of talk about it on the net, I remember. After AOTC and all that. How exciting though. :cool:

Hugh as James Bond...definitely gets my vote. :D He'd be terrific. I'll probably finally watch my first Bond film. 8-}

Next Bond in Sri Lanka? Hey...brilliant! Coz we have this perfect tropical island feel...well, we are a tropical island-ence the feel! 8-} And there's the whole sandy beaches, palm trees, jungles and hot tropical sun...yep, could work no? :D

Aaah, Matt, finished watching Equilibrium with Christian Bale. It was lovely and very emotional...something I hadn't expected. Bale was fantastic and I can definitely see that Bruce Wayne/Batman personan emerging there...he was everything you could imagine for the part of Batsy! ;) Ultra cool, tall, serious, great face for that mask and totally fit too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.