main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Movie Night January 19, 2002 -- Middle Earth Fan Day! ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    You?ve seen it once. You?ve seen it twice. Ah who?re we kidding, you?ve seen it a half dozen times. But strap your swords on, pack your bags and bring a sugar cube for Bill the Pony ?cuz we?re off to see it again. January 19th, we?re having a FanForce movie night to see the Lord of the Rings ? this time together with the people from the Lord of the Rings line up party.

The Plan? is as follows:

We will be gathering out front of the Eglinton theater at 3:30p.m. to see the 4:10 matinee. For those who?ve never been prior, the Eglinton theater is located 400 Eglinton Ave W., close to Avenue Rd.

After the movie, we?ll be heading to one of the many restaurants in the area (more likely than not the Pickle Barrel at Yonge & Eglinton ? but post if you have a place of preference). A bite to eat and discussion of the film into the wee hours of the morning.

We?ll need an idea of how many will be attending, for reservation purposes, so please post to the forum or email me if you?re planning on coming.

The nitty gritty details are
    When: Saturday, January 19th, 3:30 p.m.
    Where: Eglinton Theater (400 Eglinton Ave. W.)
    Post to confirm your attendance for dinner afterwards.

2. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I won't be able to make it. It's that wee little thing called "work" that stands in the way.

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I should be in. I'll have to see what my schedule is like when the semester starts up again.

There should be a backup plan, incase Eglinton isn't showing LOTR by Jan 19.

4. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I expect to be there.

5. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    I should be there! But that's only if my paychecks don't fail me

:p

SZ

6. Rocket_Man

Rocket_Man Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    I'll be there for the moive and dinner.

7. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    But I want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I would like some cheese with that.

8. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Ummm...no, no can do...want to but can't...darn it all:) Gotta go home that weekend, it'd take me at least an hour, probably more, to TTC home from there afterwards...too late:)

Have fun everyone!:)

9. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Whereabouts is home? Maybe someone will be heading that way and you can catch a ride.

10. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    Greg watch movie...again (Hah! didn't see that one coming did ya!)

11. Pissenlit

Nov 26, 2001
    Home would be Warden and Finch:)

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    You're right. I didn't see that coming. The reason for the is my eyes have been blindfolded by the nuns and the bandits stole my shoes.

As you know, shoes are imperative to eyesight.

I hope this post is legible. Without beeing able to see I am relying on my touche typing abilityies.

That's all I have tos ay about that for the moment but I would like to say one more thing...The wheelchair says that the monkey ran over it's spoke while eating a apricote and singing "Stairway to Heaven"

As a result, the olypmics have been cancelled this year. Woot.

13. Pissenlit

Nov 26, 2001
    Are you sure it was an apricot?

14. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    mmmmmmmmmm apricot......

15. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Leah watch Elf Boy.... (bet you did see that coming!)

Cris~

16. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmm, Warden and Finch, that is a bit far out... time to start bribing Greg. ;-)

17. EBCorp1

EBCorp1 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2001
    Hey, I work at Midland and Steeles. The Hard Rock Cafe - Mordor is just up the road. ;-)

18. Pissenlit

Nov 26, 2001
    Ya, I know it's a bit far:p Oh well, doesn't really matter, I'm gonna get to go a fourth time anyhow...though I have to wait 'til February. The 19th is my friend's birthday and my half birthday. We're using it as an excuse to go see it again and to drag our reluctant friends to go see it:)

Have a nice day everyone!:)

19. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    It's not that far, if you really want to go, I can make the trip, I don't mind driving, it's not like I pay for gas, I just park the car in the driveway and the gasoline fairies fill it up while I sleep, it'd just be a question of timing, when do you need to be back home, etc.

20. Pissenlit

Nov 26, 2001
    Thanks very much for the offer but I just made plans to go see the Rodin exhibit at the ROM on the 19th:)

Have fun everyone!:D

21. krax_13

krax_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2001
    I hope to be there. will see how much work I have then.

thats all.
    -Joseph

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

22. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    *bump*

Does anyone have a Darth Vader helmet I could borrow for a video project? If so, would it be possible to bring it on Friday?

The video has to be about people confessing something and the "I am your father" is about the best confession there is.

23. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I have a cheaper Don Post you could borrow but Friday is the 18th! FOTR is the 19th (unless I've missed a post.)

Honestly I'm still not sure about seeing FOTR again anyway. It just wasn't that good (Putting on Flame retardent suit) ah we'll see.

24. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Nope - you haven't missed a post. Movie night is still Saturday the 19th... 3:30pm in front of the Eglinton.

A couple of people are getting together for the new Ridley Scott film on Friday, which is probably what Adam's talking about.

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, sorry about that. I meant the LOTR:FOTR gathering.

Thanks for the offer Ken. No worries if you don't show with regards to the helmet. However, there will be LOTRingers there, fresh blood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.