main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Movie Reviews: JULY 2002

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, in July, Minority Report, MIB II and among others will open here in SINGAPORE!

BTW, have you seen THE EYE?

Oh I love to be spooked by scary movies and this one did NOT fail to spook me!!!! I really enjoyed the first half of the show cos I was cowering most of the time... the lift scene was absolutely terrifying... wat is it with movie-makers and lifts?? I didnt even dare to take the lift up that nite after watching the show. kekeke. The char siew scene made the audience shriek and scream, as did the scene with the ah pek in the lift.

was kinda disappointed by the second half though... after they went to Thailand, think the plot was sorta lost. no more spooks liao. Nonetheless, it was a great show, especially if caught at midnite *grinz* It's really quite remarkable for a 'local' production.. now wonder it's doing so well in HK.

2. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Yeah! I juz watched WindTalkers... would be NSFs, do yourselves a favour and go and watch!

A really unexpected ending... but it's a war movie... so someone MUZ die...

Protect The Code At ALL Costs! :D

3. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I didn't really want to go watch Minority Report, because when I saw the trailer it looked like a cross between Mission Impossible, AOTC, Johnny Mnemonic, and The Matrix.
    But my sis has already seen it and she says it's worth seeing, and since I trust her judgement, I may change my mind and go watch it after all.

But another movie I REALLY WANT TO WATCH is K-19: The Widowmaker.
    I saw the trailer for it the other day when I was watching The Sum Of All Fears, and the first thing that got my attention is that Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) are going to be acting in it - haha! :p
    They're both pretty good actors, and I know I would be highly amused to see 2 Star Wars actors from 2 different trilogies acting in the same movie 20-odd years apart, if you know what I mean...

OK, that and the fact that the director of this movie is none other than Kathryn Bigelow, who is also the director of Point Break.

Anyone who remotely likes Patrick Swayze or Keanu Reeves would have seen Point Break, and knows that it's an action flick about 4 surfer dudes who go on a bank robbing spree in order to finance their "eternal summer".
    Patrick Swayze plays Bodhi/Bodhisattva, the leader of this motley crue, and Keanu Reeves plays Johnny Utah, the FBI Agent who's supposed to catch them.

Anyway, my point is that Kathryn Bigelow is not a bad director either, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do this time, especially with leading men like Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson at her disposal.

So far, those are the 2 movies I'd like to catch in July :)

4. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Watched Gosford Park?

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey, thanks for reminding me... I haven't watched Gosford Park yet, but I'd like to watch it soon :)

Apparently, it's supposed to be quite good, but I'd rather make that judgement for myself than to have some critic tell me about it.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Heh I think I'm marking Minority Report for this Sunday/Monday (Youth Day..) ;) :D

7. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm taking up a small extra Lit module during the e-cycle (yeah, well, call me crazy :p)...the two reasons being that it's a science-fiction module, and we get to watch Minority Report for it. :D

8. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    LIFE! gave MINORITY REPORT 4 Stars!

8 DAYS gave MINORITY REPORT 5 STARS!!!

A MUST WATCH!!!!!

9. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Looks like everybody's watching Minority Report. I'm starting to get high expectations... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.