main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MoviePlanner v1.0, planning your movie made easy.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Sauja-Dupen, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Any chance you may come up with a handheld PALM variant? I know you just spent a huge chunk of the year developing it, but this is such a grand program that the ability to carry your movie planner files onto the set with a palm pilot is a stunning idea!

Think of how much of an aid THAT would be!

2. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    James, surely a Palm Piolet would be too small for planning an entire movie on?

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

3. Sauja-Dupen

Sauja-Dupen Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 1999
    A handheld would be cool to bring on location

Store the shots you are going to be working on, in case you get an idea in the field you could add it on the spot and re-sync later with the master.

Update the the shots completed as you go.

Maybe, but it would be for PocketPC 2002 not Palm. Written in VB it'll be far easier to port to the PocketPC platform!!!

Sauja

4. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    I actully have one of those key boards for my palm... I type notes, papers and live out of my palm... having this for plam would be sooo useful

oh and let me remind everyone- every min you spend in preproduction saves you 10 mins on the set... it might not seem like a lot but think about it, when your in pre you have TONS of time compared to when you only have maybe a few days with your actors, ever min helps.

5. Lar_1138

Lar_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    UBER SPIFF!!!

!!!

I'm going to borrow a laptop for the sole purpose of having this on the set with me! Such a lifesaver!!!

this is going to save us sooooo much time.

which is good cuz our location is costing us $15 an hour... its an uber spiffy disco hall.

now I just have to transfer all 10+ pages of script* to it.

*thanks to admiral mawk for writing it!

6. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    And I'm going to film in my garage which is right on the other side of this wall! You made a little mistake Zayn you said every min you spend in preproduction saves you 10 mins on the set If you are working on a film and aren't in post nor production you are in Pre so that means you are in pre 24/7 and the way you put it, if it was true there would be no pro ;) I think you ment every min you WORK on your film in Pre saves you 10 mins on set. Sorry if I seem to be nitpicking :p

7. Lar_1138

Lar_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    ooh! ooh! ooh! I found a bu-uug!

when you delete a scene... the next scene you add does not take the number as the one you just deleted. if you have 2 scenes and delete the second one, then insert a new one, the new one is scene 3. Oh horror or horror! a BUG! its scary

8. Sauja-Dupen

Aug 22, 1999
    Good catch!

It is in fact a bug, but not a serious one.

If you save your .moviebreakdown and reload it, the software will renumber the scenes correctly.

I'll look into fixing it asap.

Sauja

9. Semaj Ovured

May 8, 2000
    But I have a PALM!

10. Sauja-Dupen

Aug 22, 1999
    Maybe I'll just write an XML schema and an import export function and let anyone write addons for whatever platform they want!!!

Sauja

11. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    When is the version that works on a Game Boy going to be released then Sauja? :p

12. Semaj Ovured

May 8, 2000
    Maybe you could create an export function that would allow for the files to be read in an already existing palm reader?

Seriously, having the palm capability could also make a great marketing tool in order to sell this thing. I mean, when you consider that Movie Magic Scheduling is the next best thing and costs HUNDREDS, you may have a niche market to low budget/student filmmakers. And the Palm capability would only serve to expand that, maybe even into the professional marketplace.

Oh, and BTW, Daft, if Gameboy came out with a PDA, they'd rule the marketplace.

13. Sauja-Dupen

Aug 22, 1999
    Any export/import functionality would have to be built on an open standard like XML.

I won't tie the functionality to a specific platform.

But I can't imagine having the time to even look at it in the next 18 months

Sauja

PS: Hey DaftMaul, how about correcting the press release. (have = has and peice = piece)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.