main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Finland' started by Darth_Weirdo, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    That's impossible!! You are not my father! :)

2. KYP_DURRON85

KYP_DURRON85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2003
    Tomorrow..I's time for some Matrix action,who's going to see it right away?Not me,I go maybe Saturday or Sunday.It would be good if U who has seen it would do some reviews from it.

3. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I'm going to see Matrix tonight 00.02 at Tennispalatsi 1. It's just too bad that I have to get up 6.30 in the morning. Well sleeping is very much an overrated luxury.

4. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Well, I saw the Matrix. And I loved it. Now we just have to wait for the third part.

5. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    Has anybody seen new terminator3 trailer?
    It looked very good.
    It's just shame that Cameron aint got nothing to do with this new one,but there's still Kasdan and rest of action movie producer legends.I personaly wait this one more that Matrix movies,because I grew up watching these movies...yes even before I'v seen...STAR WARS. ;) :)

6. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    T3 could be a huge letdown. The Future sequences look fantastic, but the present-time Arnold and the FemBot fight doesn't look that good.
    Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...

"m***rix is overrated"
    -Mace Windy

7. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Well, I saw the Matrix. And I didn't love it. Now we just have to wait for the third part.

8. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I haven't seen Matrix yet... But I've been playing the video game... The game is great!

How old are you Kyp... that You grew up watching the Terminator movies. I believe I was 17 when T2 came out...

9. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm 18 and I was 9 years old,when I saw first terminator and some time in that same year I saw the second one.

I meant to say that I'v grown up watching action movies.I had to say this because someone could say that I haven't grown up watching teminator movies...so not 4,5 or 6 but 9and I think 9years between now and then,I'v still grown up. ;)

PS: All that time and still my English aint't so good :(
    So LottDodd because you are american, tell me is my English any good?

10. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    I've seen the m***rix-game. It looked just like every other 3rd person kickaround-game.
    Bullet-time? I've seen this before *yawn*, girl jumps around the walls and shoots railgun effects. Boring.
    [/offtopic]

What do you people think of the Blues Brothers (the original)? I love it. Great music, fun action, exciting story, etc.

11. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I love the Blues Brothers... at least the orriginal.

You sound pretty good to me Kyp... at least in writing... watch more tv and mumble your words together in a careless way and soon you'll be indistinguishable from any other american...

12. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    LottDodd, so true. ;)

Blues Brothers is a great movie. The first one is better than the other one of course, but still I like them both. And remember we have Carrie Fisher with a bazooka in the first Blues Borthers. ;)

13. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    Yeah,that image of Carrie Fisher has been copied to my hard-drive(my head)for whole of my life.
    Blues brothers was good and the seguel was just copying the same idea with not much any new ones.

14. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm sad what they did to The Lonegunmen in the newest X-Files episode.....they went and killed those guys!
    Just four more episodes and were seen the trilling X-Files from beginnig to the very end.
    I hope the lonegunmen popup just like Mulder in the final episode...my hopes up for that.
    I hope also that last secret's of gverment will be shown to the public.

15. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
    Does anyone know the name Billy Wilder? Probably the best director on comedy in movies. I don't remember the original names of the movies, so if someone could back up me on this. In Finnish the movies are called Poikamiesboksi, Etusivu uusiksi ja Yks, kaks, kolme.

16. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Etusivu... = the front page? I've seen it twice. Liked it.

I saw the Phone Booth yesterday. A strange idea, but it worked much better than I expected. I liked it.

17. Darth_Weirdo

Jul 2, 2002
  18. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Midnight Sun Filmfestivals didn't show ESB, but a good range of other Kershner films. Wondering did anyone get an autographs into vader-photos...? ;)

Next big movie-event is the incredible Hulk. TFN pages has been updating that movie's fx-things info quite often. Ok, it's ILM production. Still I'm afraid that the plot cannot be masterpiece. Some sort of Godzilla of 2003. Oh, and I do like the Hulk character. It's like a opposite of me. Very muscular, clever, green and always has good statements. "Hulk Kill, Hulk Crash!"

19. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Nah, I always had a slight dislike of the Hulk. I don't know why, but... it just doesn't hit. And the trailers of the film looked "not good".
    Waiting for T3:RotM and Charlie's Angels II: Full Throttle (I wonder if we'd see Ben there :p )

I read about the Sodankylä FF a few days ago. I'd loved to get mr Kershner's autograph on my Robocop 2-dvd. Or anywhere, that is.
    All hail Irvin Kershner and Ian McDiarmid!

20. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    I want to see 28 days later... Unfortunately I'll have to wait untill next weekend to vidy it... My Friend downloaded it from Kazaa like three weeks before it was released... but I have refused to watch it that way, Instead opting to make sure Danny Boyle and Co. get their potion of my money...

21. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    Hulk never got my fandom either.
    Theres something lets say noncool if compared to other superheroes like lol Batman.

22. Tintti

Tintti Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    This is a thing I've been thinking about. It is often said, that Godfather is the best movie trilogy of all times. How would you rank the best movie trilogies you've seen?

My top 5 list at the moment:

1) Star Wars ep. 4-6. Quite obvious, since this is a Star Wars forum ;)
    2) Back to the Future. They are exciting and funny, and their characters are loveable. I think BttF creates one big continuum and it should be considered as one big movie, like SW.
    3) LotR. It's not a trilogy yet, but soon it will be. FotR was OK and TTT was great.
    4) Jurassic Park. I admit it; though the first JP was a good movie, the sequels are crap. I'm interested in dinosaurs, and that's the biggest reason I'm interested in JP movies.
    5) Indiana Jones. (not a trilogy after a couple of years) Good plot and exciting adventures, but I didn't like the main character.

And I still haven't seen Matrix Reloaded, so I don't want to say anything about Matrix yet.
    SW Prequel Trilogy has been disappointing and that's why it isn't in my top5 list.
    I don't like Godfather movies. They are too long and I'm not interested in mafia movies.

Alien-movies were a great trilogy until "Alien -Resurrection" was made. If it had never been made, I would rank "Alien" as the second or third best trilogy.

23. KYP_DURRON85

Apr 20, 2003
    These are my favorite movies now,but it could change in time.

1.SW 1-2,4-6
    2.Sergio Leone's Dollar trilogy
    3.Indiana Jones trilogy
    4.Terminator and Alien movies share the fift place.
    5.The Godfather trilogy(mostly the first flick)

Good to have you back Tintti. :)

24. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Some of my favourite trilogies in no particular order:

-SW:eek:T. Quite obvious choice.
    -LOTR. Soon full trilogy and I trust that third movie is good enough.
    -Indy trilogy. Another obvious one.
    -Back To The Future. Tintti explained it well.
    -Three Colors Trilogy. Kieslowski's Blue, Red and White are each great drama.
    -Jurassic Park. I love dinos too. My favourite movie is the third one.

And I have never even seen any of Godfather movies so that trilogy won't rank anywhere in my list.

25. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    This is actually harder than it looks like..
    1) Star Wars, the OT surprise!
    2) Indiana Jones (Indy is one of my favourite characters :cool: )
    3) Back to the Future it is a one large movie, not three distinct films.
    4) Robocop Despite Robo3, which sucks. Don't watch it... ever! Robocops 1 and 2 are great.
    5) Star Wars, the PT (despite JJB)

Maybe december 2003 changes my list, but for now I'm not a fantasy fan. Laserguns and spaceships before swords, bows and ... fireballs!! [face_love]

"Road? Where we are going, we don't need no .. roads."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.