main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Movies

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Yes, as a matter of fact I do :)

It's a double feature for the price of one! Watch both Toy Story and Toy Story 2 for $15.50, in digital 3-D. Shows will run starting Friday, Oct 2 for two weeks.

Nightmare Before Christmas will also begin playing - I think the week prior to Halloween. I'll let you know once I find out.

2. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
  3. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Toy Story will still be playing on the 16th, right? And do you know what version of Nightmare Before Christmas will be playing?

4. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Toy Story begins playing tomorrow - for two weeks. I expect Nightmare will open after that until Halloween...

5. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
    Forecast - large amounts of laughter! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The title of this animated film sounds ridiculous, it was a lot of fun. The story is simple, but quite entertaining if you're looking for a fun, frivolous film. You'll laugh at the silly jokes, and at the ones aimed at adults. The voice cast is great - best characters were a toss up between Mr. T's police officer and Neil Patrick Harris' Steve, the monkey. The IMAX 3-D animation was great too - with the added bonus of seeing the trailer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland prior to the show (also in magnificent 3-D)!!

6. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Finally saw Avatar last night and have to say it is a very entertaining movie. The visuals are amazing as the 3-D is something to experience. Story was pretty solid and very Joesph Campbell heroes journey type stuff. Over all universal them of good vs evil, man vs nature type story with alittle love throwen in there. Characters were good both real and cgi overall solid performences from everyone.

Overall verdict is solid movie and very entertaining, a must watch in theaters as the 3-D is pretty cool. If I had seen this at release time in would of made my top 3 of 2009, go see this movie.

7. JediCias

JediCias Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002

*Comes from the rock he has been hiding under for ages*

I agree. A very solid movie. But for me personally it was more the mind blowing 3d cgi that made the movie what it was. I hadnt been in a 3d movie since the old cardboard red and blue lens days. So it was something pretty mind *bottling*

I also thought Zombieland was a pretty good movie. No shaun of the dead but definatley a close second.

Someones in danger of having their hair tucked behind their ear

8. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Watched "The Men Who Stare at Goats" last night...it was quite entertaining.

Ewan McGregor's character trying to find his "inner Jedi" (oh, the irony[face_laugh] ) as espoused by Jeff Bridges' character's New Earth Army...George Clooney's character being the accomplished "Jedi Warrior". Not to mention Kevin Spacey's character looking at the "dark side" of the New Earth Army's philosophy. Relates to the supposed "psychic studies" surrounding remote sensing and remote killing that were "undertaken" by the superpowers in the mid 60's to 70's.

All very tongue-in-cheek but amusing nevertheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.