main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Moving Day - Luke/Mara, Mush, One-Shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mayo_durron_666, May 3, 2021.

1. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Basics: Newlyweds Luke and Mara settle into their apartment. Old EU. Mush.

Extra info: This one-shot is inspired by an old MMM Challenge: Challenge #2: Write a story about a character or characters adjusting to something new.

Moving Day

Mara stood in the living room. Trepidation gleamed in her sharp green eyes as they scanned her surroundings.

So, this was to be their home as a married couple. She thought it would be an easy transition. To set down roots. To make a domestic base. To start a family. However, seeing all their boxes in the apartment for the first time made the commitment feel more daunting than exciting.

Not that she regretted anything, it was just overwhelming at times to stop and think about how much her life had changed. Mara had lived independently for so long and wasn’t used to sharing private quarters. At least not in the long-term sense.

Unpacking this afternoon had brought up many unexpected emotions. Sadness over losing her own place. Worry over how to fully merge her life with her husband’s. Fear of messing up this next stage together.

As she stared at a container of clothes, Mara began fiddling with the wedding ring on her finger. Unconsciously she twisted it this way and that. The metal band was the symbol of another life-altering decision. Though this reminder conjured up joy instead of fear.

Distracted, deep in thought, Mara almost didn’t hear the main door swish open.

She turned to see Luke wander in.

He stopped in the doorway, glimpsed at the jumble of boxes, then focused back on her. Nothing escaped his notice. He saw everything, including the tension in her slim shoulders, the straight line of her mouth and the way her thumb kept tracing the gold on her finger.

“Mara,” Luke dropped his rucksack and queried, “is everything alright?”

“I’m fine.”

Luke didn’t move an inch, he didn’t speak, he simply stood still with his blue gaze fixed on hers.

At first Mara refused to talk out of stubbornness. This was meant to be a happy time in their lives. She didn’t want to admit anything was wrong.

However, the longer the silence continued the more uncomfortable she became and the warmer her husband’s eyes grew. It was so unfair. He had infinite patience. She knew she couldn’t win.

Softly Luke whispered,
    “You aren’t ruining anything, Mara.”

She scowled,
    “Stop reading me.”

“I’m not.” He stepped closer, “You’re projecting.”

There was a short pause.

Mara couldn’t hold it in any longer and eventually breathed her confession out in rush,
    “I never thought this would be difficult. It’s what I want. You are what I want. But going through all this stuff today freaked me out a little. It’s a lot. And I wasn’t expecting … this.”

“I can understand that. It’s a big step. For both of us.”

Luke glanced around, unsure where to start or how to comfort his new bride.

Realising the truth, Mara closed the gap between them and took his hand,
    “You’re scared too, aren’t you?”

Earnestly he replied,
    “Of course I am. I don’t want to screw this up. You’re it, the one, my only. I’m terrified you’ll wake up one day, find someone more interesting and run away with them.”

“Wait - the son of Darth Vader is worried he’s boring?” Mara laughed, “Oh, farmboy, you are anything but dull. Let’s face it, keeping you out of trouble is going to be my main job for years to come.”

Luke relaxed a little at her teasing. He chuckled under his breath, wrapped his arms around her waist and agreed,
    “I guess I am attracted to dangerous situations.”

“Are you referring to me?”

“Maybe.”

“Careful, Skywalker.”

“Ah wait,” He grinned, “you’re a ‘Skywalker’ now! You can’t use that name to scold or threaten anymore.”

Mischievously, Mara’s eyes twinkled as she slipped her hands up to circle his shoulders,
    “How about I use it to intimidate then?”

“There’s the woman I married.”

Luke leaned down to capture her mouth with his. Any retort she might have had vanished at the brush of his lips. They were hot and sweet all at once. He explored her mouth thoroughly, teasing and testing her response, giving her heated nips one moment and then delicate lingering caresses the next.

His taste was addictive. And now it was one of Mara’s weaknesses.

She moaned, losing herself in the feverish haze, responding passionately. Each kiss grew longer and deeper. Mara held Luke closer, her fingers tangled in his blond hair as their breaths mingled to become one. Desire-filled sighs escaped, skin flushed a deeper pink and their hearts raced in unison.

Gradually, Luke broke for air and rested his forehead on hers.

His eyes shone down with all his joys and fears. Totally open and vulnerable.

Panting a little, Mara stared back into his bright blue gaze. It was lit with affection and worry, full of truth and understanding. Wordlessly Luke showed her that she wasn’t alone in her uncertainty and anxiety. He was feeling it too. But he was determined to face it, with her, together.

She cupped his face with her palms and said quietly,
    “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For choosing me.”

Luke ducked down and stole another kiss before he answered,
    “It was always going to be you, Mara.”

Fin.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved the mutual reciprocal assurances and tenderness and the teasing. And this particularly:

"Thank you."

“For what?”

“For choosing me.”

Luke ducked down and stole another kiss before he answered,
    “It was always going to be you, Mara.”

Delicious! ^:)^

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Kahara and mayo_durron_666 like this.
  3. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    This was so sweet!

I love Mara's unease here. Even though it's what she wants and she and Luke love each other, it's still a big change, and changes aren't easy.

And then how Luke says he's scared too and reassures her, and that kiss, and the ending - perfection! [face_love] So delightfully mushy, great work. =D=